Preview Essendon vs Sydney, Docklands, Friday 27/07/18 @ 7:50 PM

How many will Buddy kick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh we've been doing that since 2009

I still remember when that AFL ad where the AFL players were doing different sports came out and Essendon fans were laughing/complaining that it was an Essendon player being easily sidestepped by Buddy, the Essendon playing letting out this weird high pitched scream as Buddy did it before he (Buddy) took a shot from the boundary.

Buddy wasn't even a Swans player back then, but I remember Essendon fans reaction to it which was something like "typical"

Also I still have not forgiven Essendon for that win in the dying seconds at the SCG about 10 years back. I remember the ball had clearly gone over the boundary line as well seconds before one of your players kicked the winner.

I still remember when that AFL ad where the AFL players were doing different sports came out and Essendon fans were laughing/complaining that it was an Essendon player being easily sidestepped by Buddy, the Essendon playing letting out this weird high pitched scream as Buddy did it before he (Buddy) took a shot from the boundary.

Buddy wasn't even a Swans player back then, but I remember Essendon fans reaction to it which was something like "typical"

Also I still have not forgiven Essendon for that win in the dying seconds at the SCG about 10 years back. I remember the ball had clearly gone over the boundary line as well seconds before one of your players kicked the winner.

Was the making of Cale Hooker when Buddy did the run on the wing Hooker had enough of only being rememberd for chasing Buddy haha

McNiece played well against Fremantle but if you look at his last month collectively he has been poor. Colyer has been horrendous. They are easily the worst two players who have been getting regular games and I don't think there is really a sound argument for them playing against Sydney.

The ins look good: Stringer and McKenna are clearly in the best-22. It's not clear that Francis is better than, say, Ridley but he has certainly been knocking on the door for the past month or so. Now he gets his shot and hopefully he is in the right head-space to get his footy career back on track.

You want to compare a game 11 years ago in which we led for the entire game (besides a couple of brief minutes late in the 3rd Quarter) to the absolute daylight robbery last year when with a 19 point lead with 4 minutes to go, we lost to a Gary Rohan shot after the siren? Not to mention the final last year.

Hey... I think you've been more than repaid for Adam McPhee sneaking over the boundary line in 2007.

Love it. Mcniece unlucky but like for like.

I love thst theyve picked Dawson hes not a bad player he just becomes the only sydney forward that id be happy Goddard to play on especially if Hewett isnt there.

Hurley - Buddy
Dea - Hayward
Goddard - Dawson
Francis - McCartin
Saad/Mckenna - Ronke/Papley (Will be exciting)

I dare say Sydney will go very hard edged week after last weeks game. Back to jobs and roles.

Hewett (Tag) - Z.Merrett
Cunningham (Role/Tag) - Heppell or Zacka on a wing

Hooksy has to play forward

Guelfi or Mcgrath apart of back rotations (playing back) likely Guelfi over Mcgrath and i think he has a role on guys like Ronke, Papley, Hayward when on

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very pleased with the changes. The ins are huge with Stringer returning to bolster our forward line and help a bit around the clearances and McKenna is just an important small defender for us. Its extremely exciting to see Francis in the team, not sure whether he'll end up spending his time up forward or in defense but either way its a good sign. To be honest bringing Francis in doesn't make sense to me if he's not playing down back which structurally would mean Hooker up forward.

The outs are good as well. Colyer has been a liability for us all year. Hasn't even added run and carry, more like ball watching and manning the mark. I blame the coaches for this one, they brought him back way too early, should have actually forced him to earn his spot in the 2's. Not play one semi decent full game at VFL level and bring him straight in for a month.

McNiece a little stiff on last weeks effort but he was lucky to be in the side last week after the week before where he was awful so on balance not that unlucky.

Sad about McKernan, here's to an even bigger 2019 for the big man!

Overall we have a very competitive side out there. I wouldn't call it full strength but given our season ending injuries we aren't likely to get stronger other than maybe a really late Daniher return, most of the other blokes aren't coming back. Every chance to take it right up to the Swans. Lets see what our midfield has learnt since the final last year.

Just watching the lowdown. They have tipped us to lose yet dees to beat crows and Hawks to beat freo. Think all three are unlikely but good to be underdogs. Happy for the media to keeps saying we lose every week. Funny how the bookies have us favourite though.

I'll see your one point loss with a goal that was set up by McPhee from the 3rd row and raise you an after the siren behind that put you into a Grand Final. I know which one I would prefer to be on the end of.

Very nice inclusions and very flexible in terms of dual position players. Sheedy would have a field day with this group!
Stoked for Francis and really hope he enjoys playing at the top level.

Just watching the lowdown. They have tipped us to lose yet dees to beat crows and Hawks to beat freo. Think all three are unlikely but good to be underdogs. Happy for the media to keeps saying we lose every week. Funny how the bookies have us favourite though.

They were 3/3 split on the game I thought? Though Montagna did say for Essendon supporters to be worried this week due to the Buddy factor.

I know this isnt the punting thread

But with the belief Hookers playing forward Ladbrokes are offering $41 for him to kick First or last goal in either 2nd,3rd or 4th qtr and i think last in first aswell

Jack would not make the Swans midfield stronger. It would increase the average of the Swans midfield falling over at crucial times, missing easy targets and generally being out run by everyone else on the field though.
And I thought we were the only club with those kinds of players on the list :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back