essendon vs sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Arch

Club Legend
Jan 24, 2000
The Pub.
I thought the postives were that mostof the top level players like solomon, johnson, fletcher etc showed their class on occasions and some flashes of the brilliance of last year. Also glad there were no more injuries of any seriousness.
I was however, pretty concerned with form of both Scott Lucas and Sean Wellman who IMO played absolute shockers. Im a huge fan of scotty but, if he doesnt improve his form I can see some time in the twos for him during the season. He made some bad decisions, kicked poorly, and seemed really slow, and unaware of what was happening around him. I really hope he can lift his game because he's a match winner for us. Sean wellman also made many bad decisions and missed alot of targets by foot. I wasnt overly concerned with the loss as sydney had a strong side and we had alot of kids who got alot feild time, im just a tad annoyed about the form of a couple of the top tier players at the moment.

------------------
BOMBERS 2001- THE HUNTERS. NOT THE HUNTED.

Too right Arch. Although i think Wellman has been fair, without being outstanding. Lucas is a concern though. The amount of occasions he gets caught with the ball is staggering. It's almost like he doesn't posses peripheral vision (or possibly his teammates are taking the piss by "allowing" him to get caught - just for a laugh .. "yeah Scooty mate...you gotta paddock....BALLLLL....YEAHHHHH.........bwhahahahahahahahhaahahahahaha...you fell for it again").

In all seriousness he takes far too long to kick the ball. It seems like it takes forever for the ball to get from his hand to his boot. Also, he has got to remove the predicability in his game by developing a right boot. He can do it...he just doesn't want to!

Players that i have been impressed with though are include both the Johnsons, Rioli and Solomon.

This might be a big statement, but i predict Solomon to go All Australian this year. He has shown glimpses that he is ready to take the next step. It must be the hair!! LOL

I also thought that Alessio showed some glimpses of form as well. I have been a big critic of his, but I thought his game against Sydney was probably his second best in more than a year (the best being against Richmond last year). I thought his tap ruckwork was pretty reasonable and he also held on to a few marks.

I'm not to impressed with young Bolton either. He shows some skills but doesn't seem too hard at it. I saw him shirk on a contest quite a few times, just looked like he didn't want to get hurt.

I agree with you all on Scotty, I think he is very talented but just not showing it. Have you noticed how much he is handballing it this year so far? Looks like someone has been in his ear about his tunnelvision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back