Essendon, where are they now?

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m genuinely concerned that the addition of Blake Caracalla will go a long way to seeing them become competitive.
If he can get us anywhere near a flag, after winning one with Essendon, then Brisbane, then being part of Geelong, then Richmond, then Essendon - surely the new Mr Football.

If he can get us anywhere near a flag, after winning one with Essendon, then Brisbane, then being part of Geelong, then Richmond, then Essendon - surely the new Mr Football.

Smart football person is Caracella and from all reports is a very good tactian.

Il be very dissapointed (not at Blake) if we don't see any improvement with his input.

Cheers mate! It was an unbelievable ride. I can scarcely believe that I witnessed 8 Grand Finals and 5 flags from 1983 to 1991, let alone another decade of dominance where we played in 5 Grand Finals and won 4 flags. Just an amazing privilege to be there and cheer on the likes of Hodge, Mitchell, Roughy, Buddy, Cyril, Burgoyne, etc...

Yeahhhh, so you and the Essendon trolls keep saying... 😆 Since we slid from premiership contention after 2016, you blokes have predicting our slide to the bottom four every year for the past 3 years! We've been turning our list over, replacing our ageing champions and managed to win 10, 15 and 11 games.

Haw 2017-2019: 36 wins, 29 losses, 1 draw (plus 2 finals defeats)

How many games have the "mighty" Bombers won in that time? 12, 12 and 12

Ess: 2017-2019: 36 wins, 30 losses (plus 2 finals defeats)

Yeah, mate. It's like I already said: we had our time and boy, did we make the most of it! Nothing lasts forever. I'm just glad we cashed in when we had the chance. So now we're in a period of transition and rebuilding our team. I don't think you'll find many Hawthorn fans who are unhappy with how things have gone and what Clarko is doing with the current group of players.

Right now, this is Richmond, West Coast, Collingwood, GWS and Essendon's time to shine. They're the clubs who are in their premiership window.

How's it working out for you?

The Bulldogs and the Lions are looking bloody promising. They are definitely headed for big things over the next few years. Some would say they have already gone past Essendon and they'll be ready to challenge the big boys in 2020. That must suck to be you.

Well, if you don't give a toss about Hawthorn anymore, don't mention us in a thread about Essendon, ya tosser! 😆

Quit trying to troll the Hawthorn fans in all those other lame troll threads you post in. Quit reading the Hawthorn Board and quoting posts for that Delusional Pearlers thread you've got going on the Essendon Board. (Ironic that Bombers fans would have a thread titled "Delusional Pearlers" :D)

Just let go of the envy, dude. Jealousy will get you nowhere.
Burgoyne is so overrated it's laughable.

I'd give anything to win a final. But since my team and club accepted and demand mediocrity it'll never happen.

Rutten,Caracella,James Kelly is a good start need to find replacements for Harvey and Skipworth
Replace the idea of a midfield coach (which i think Caracella & whoever is senior coach should be controlling anyway) and pick up a skills and tackling coach. We are terrible in both areas and no amount of midfield structure and strategy is going to make up for how bad we are at either

Ambrose and Dev to take tackling training

Replace the idea of a midfield coach (which i think Caracella & whoever is senior coach should be controlling anyway) and pick up a skills and tackling coach. We are terrible in both areas and no amount of midfield structure and strategy is going to make up for how bad we are at either

Ambrose and Dev to take tackling training

Reckon we hire a NRL player to do tackling drills maybe some one like Billy Slater

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club needs a lot things.

I see some essendon fans don't really like Dan Richardson. At least he's not sitting on his hands doing nothing and is making the necessary moves by getting the right people to the club.
Yeah, im liking what he's doing.
Actually get a ruckmen should be our priority.
That too. we have ignored that and inside mids for so long.

Burgoyne is so overrated it's laughable.

I'd give anything to win a final. But since my team and club accepted and demand mediocrity it'll never happen.
No he’s not. That maybe your opinion, but he’s a standout in a multi premiership team. You might actually win a final if he were in your team!

No he’s not. That maybe your opinion, but he’s a standout in a multi premiership team. You might actually win a final if he were in your team!

No we wouldn’t, he’s a great player but he’s a cherry on top type. Wouldn’t change our situation whatsoever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back