Essendon, where are they now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesnt look too good.

31: Hooker
30: Bellchambers
29: Hurley, Brown, McKernan

winding down.

Heppell, Shiel, Stringer will be expected to carry the load but might not be good enough nor have enough talent around them.

Daniher may not be around much longer.

another 15 years without winning a final? The drug cheating saga has proven hard to recover from. Even with the advantage of elite draft picks over the course

Le temps perdu du Essendon, Marcel?

So what happened with Papley and Martin etc at Carlton?

I reckon it would have been pretty awkward for Paddy at EFC given he well and truly burnt his bridges on the way out. The fact that he was even considering Essendon was actually quite humorous. Obviously he'd gotten over the risk the drugs scandal had posed to "his unborn babies". Throw a few dollars at it and it's all good man! Many know the real reasons why he left and there are still plenty at the club who would not have wanted him back so at the end of the day it really never was an option for him. Is he still with his Mrs..?

Take the Ryder questions up with your club.
I dare say he wasnā€™t touring your club uninvited before rejecting their offer to return.
Carlton will get Martin for free in the PSD and revisit Papley next year as will Sydney with Daniher though your club will only receive a mid round compensation pick and you now have a pissed off old school royal family to deal with.
Well played efc šŸ¤£

Take the Ryder questions up with your club.
I dare say he wasnā€™t touring your club uninvited before rejecting their offer to return.
Carlton will get Martin for free in the PSD and revisit Papley next year as will Sydney with Daniher though your club will only receive a mid round compensation pick and you now have a pissed off old school royal family to deal with.
Well played efc šŸ¤£
Fair bit of hyperbole there son.

I can't be bothered picking it to pieces but maybe we should revisit things at this time next year. Put it in your calender.

Doesnt look too good.

31: Hooker
30: Bellchambers
29: Hurley, Brown, McKernan

winding down.

Well Bellchambers, Brown and McKernan are replaceable, although McKernan actually probably had his best season so far in 2019 so he's aging pretty well. Brown shouldn't even be in the best 22 and wouldn't have been if Daniher had been fit. We've already flagged our intention to make Draper our long term ruck signing him up for 4 years and picking up Phillips as a stop gap solution for the next few years.

Hooker is pretty close to cooked but we do have younger defenders in Francis and Zerk-Thatcher (the Hooker heir apparent) coming through.
Hurley has years left and we also have Ambrose who played the best year of his career in 2019 as a straight up lockdown defender.

So there's 2 genuinely good players on that list although Hurley could play on for ages but key defenders aren't the hardest to replace anyway and I'm pretty confident in our younger defenders. We even have an NGA prospect for 2020 that is a 195cm key defender as well and supposedly rated as a top 15 prospect (or so I've read).

Basically we ain't going to struggle with that list of aging players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back