Essendon, where are they now?

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
I find it interesting that in the week leading up to this game that Blake Carecella was named as going to Tullamarine next year. Does anyone really think he was heading there as an assistant?

Wonder what Worsfold thought of all that?

And then Saturday happened. Is this Woosher saying a big FU to Tullamarine?

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
The relationship between coach and player is so important in the modern game, I genuinely believe the Collingwood players love Bucks, the Richmond players love Dimma, the Hawks players love Clarko, the Lions players love Fages...

I don't think our players love Woosh, he's all process and system and lacks the human connection these other coaches have.

I don't see the interaction from Worsfold as I do the other coaches with their players.
Your players love themselves and the attention from fans and media, you have a lot of ' look at me's ' in your team, hence the bleached hair.

Stringer with hamstring awareness and a chance to miss.

wtf is going on surely Justin Crow and the fitness department get the arse how can you possibly keep having players injured?

Well mate, last time you had a spate of soft tissue injuries ... could explain the sudden form improvement too.

Who said Essendon were 'based' in Ballarat?

You must live an extremely sheltered life because in the grand scheme of a national competition - Ballarat is local to Essendon. I think 99% of people would agree with me.

Sure = Orazio plus an early 2nd rounder would do it.

You must live in that benighted land north of the river where there be dragons and rugby league, because Ballarat is in no way local to Essendon.

As you well know JeanLuc, if you are in as deep as Adrian is with the coterie, then he is immovable.

His elevation to the Executive and extention of his current job was both totally unbelievable and totally believable.

Nobody knows how to work the EFC FC like Adrian Dodoro. He is brilliant. Very rich and very brilliant.

And very entertaining every Oct/Nov.

A consortium of high-profile investors including former Essendon Football Club captain Mark "Bomber" Thompson are sharing in a major property windfall, reaping a speculated $32 million from a sheep station they bought for $3.8 million 10 years ago between Geelong and Torquay.

The strategic parcel at 458-498 Torquay Road, Armstrong Creek, has sold to another footballer, Andrew Welsh, after failing to sell following following a public campaign 18 months ago.

Thompson, in a syndicate with Essendon's list and recruitment manager, Adrian Dodoro, and the Casey Group, directed by developer Mark Casey (the brother of former Richmond president Clinton Casey), acquired the site before a series of government zoning changes allowed the Armstrong Creek precinct to be replaced with new housing able to accommodate up to 65,000 residents.

The trio investors, friends from Thompson's days with the Bombers, pushed through their own significant proposal for their 16-hectare block. It is now earmarked to become the Armstrong Creek Town Centre – a proposed village with 60,000 square metres of retail (configured as more than 100 shops), and apartment towers potentially rising 15 levels

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Your players love themselves and the attention from fans and media, you have a lot of ' look at me's ' in your team, hence the bleached hair.

Dustin Martin looks like a toddler drew all over him and for a long time had cut his hair with plastic scizzors. The look at me aspect has nothing to do with it, they can’t football and a short back and sides doesn’t change that.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
In a holding pattern. Gains in the form of Shiel, Smith, Stringer, Saad have been offset by the retirements of Watson, Stanton, Goddard, Kelly, Leuenberger.

Still in a reasonable position. Should stick with Worsfold and hope Caracella's input can bring greater consistency.

Back