Club Focus Essendon 2020 - Caldwell, Hund, Wright, Cox, Perkins, Reid, Eyre, Brand

AFL Club Focus

What is the biggest priority at Essendon?

• Key forwards

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • Key defenders

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Big mids

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Ruck division

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 10.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

they had 9 if essendon accepted it
Yep, two top 10 picks. We could have drafted superstars like Paddy Dow and Lachie O'Brien.
Club took a chance (which I was against at the time) and it didn't work. Unfortunate but can't do anything about it now.

Yep, two top 10 picks. We could have drafted superstars like Paddy Dow and Lachie O'Brien.
Club took a chance (which I was against at the time) and it didn't work. Unfortunate but can't do anything about it now.

dont stress too much, media reports suggesting you may swap saad for one of them anyway so you may get your man after all 😉

Surely if we're going to try for Dunkley we need to get Collingwood involved. Possibly involve Treloar or Stephenson if the Dogs are interested in 1 or both of them or if not look at Collingwoods first pick next year given they will have a JUH situation next year with Daicos and next year's first is better for the Dogs vs this year's first.

If we get pick eight for Saad than we really need to take two of the three to the draft. Either trade 6/7 for 2 or move out 9 for Dunkley. Have at least two stabs at top end draft talent.

Caldwell should be a three way trade
Port : Raz
GWS : Pick 26
Essendon : Caldwell
We will have to add a sweetener because that's unders for Caldwell so maybe our 3rd round for GWS 4th???

If we get pick eight for Saad than we really need to take two of the three to the draft. Either trade 6/7 for 2 or move out 9 for Dunkley. Have at least two stabs at top end draft talent.

Caldwell should be a three way trade
Port : Raz
GWS : Pick 26
Essendon : Caldwell
We will have to add a sweetener because that's unders for Caldwell so maybe our 3rd round for GWS 4th???
Seems reasonable enough

Busy busy dodo!!

View attachment 1007711

Band 1 compo for Daniher ✅

Pick 8 for Saad

Land Caldwell

Land Wright ✅

Sweet deal for Fantasia

Land Dunkley
Tom McDonald. Also Nick Hind and Kyle Dunkley as DFAs :p

Tom McDonald, Nick Hind and Kyle Dunkley as DFAs :p
McDonald's contracted I think. Oscar as a DFA would be fine :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm expecting big things from the Dodo today.

It's be nice to get all the Dodo obsession in here in one place, rather than it fouling up every trade thread. They're all blurring into one, as mostly Carlton supporters spread their way across them. Here is a place for them to let loose and do their business.

Tom McDonald. Also Nick Hind and Kyle Dunkley as DFAs :p

For mine they are secondary targets. Six primary tasks is enough for the great man this week.

Can't see how they get Dunkley done if they cant trade their 1st next year but they can get the others done.

Saad + future 2nd for Pick 8 and future 3rd
Fantasia for pick 26 or 31

Caldwell: They will need to split 6,7,8 imo for 2 x late firsts and then on trade one of those for Caldwell.

Dunkley i think they will need to trade 6,7,8 + fantasia pick to Collingwood for their 1st this year and next year. Then trade their future 1st and something for Dunkley.

It's be nice to get all the Dodo obsession in here in one place, rather than it fouling up every trade thread. They're all blurring into one, as mostly Carlton supporters spread their way across them. Here is a place for them to let loose and do their business.
main board thread for that.

Can't be done now Bunk, it would be like a Joel Selwood thread without free kicks being mentioned. Dodoro has made his reputation and it is an easy hit for the media.

Can't see how they get Dunkley done if they cant trade their 1st next year but they can get the others done.

Caldwell: They will need to split 6,7,8 imo for 2 x late firsts and then on trade one of those for Caldwell.

Dunkley i think they will need to trade 6,7,8 + fantasia pick to Collingwood for their 1st this year and next year. Then trade their future 1st and something for Dunkley.

Can trade next year's first (and will have to for Dunkley unless a third club is involved)... just means we have to use two this year.

By going after your future first instead of 8.

Saad for a future first
Fantasia for 28

Caldwell and 13 for 7
Carlton future first and 28 for Dunkley

Can trade next year's first (and will have to for Dunkley unless a third club is involved)... just means we have to use two this year.
Have to bring in another first round pick or a future 4th first.

Back