Essendons next flag not too far away

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought i would bump this....they are starting to look the goods.

Hird has given them a defensive edge but i still don't think knights was as bad as the bomber fans like to think but was never going to last the distance being a outsider.

knights was a putrid matchday coach, putrid man manager (Fletcher & Jetta at least would not have stayed at the club if Knights had), and had a horrible gameplan...apart from that he was an awesome coach.

Settle.

We need to win A final first.

Rinse and repeat in 12-24 months please.

This. With the Crows travelling well for all we know Bombers may make finals and then get smashed by Adelaide in the first week.

Again.

(currently posting on my brothers account)

it sucks being an essendon supporter living in adelaide, because all the finals games ive attended against adelaide and port have been a nightmare ;(

This is something i have been thinking of over the past few weeks and would like feedback on others thoughts.

Essendon are building a awesome list. They will be top 4 in 2 to 3 years and will have the best defence by far that can win them a flag in the not too distant future. I think all they need is one more in and under midfielder and a kpp forward that stands up and dominates. I think they will have to recruit the midfielder but i think they can develop one of their existing forwards.

In saying this i don't understand why the fans have it in for Knights who has done a absolute fantastic job. From a out sider looking in, Sheedy should have left 3 to 4 years before he did and any coach that took over from him would have copped critisim.

Knights is on the right path i think.
Right now it feels they're no closer to a flag now than they were this time in 2010.
Reading the bomberblitz forum and seen the bombers faithful have already turned on Truck much like they were turning on Knights this time in 2010.

One of the players should have squared up on that flog Luke Parker when he mocked Dylan Shiel

Right now it feels they're no closer to a flag now than they were this time in 2010.
Reading the bomberblitz forum and seen the bombers faithful have already turned on Truck much like they were turning on Knights this time in 2010.

Haven't won a final since before and after this thread was made haha

Terrific bump.

Never been further away than they are now. They've actually gone backwards.

Coming dead last in the 21 team VFL competition this season.

Heads need to roll at the very top. President. CEO. Dododo. They all need to go.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truck deserves another year or two as coach. Got credits in the bank for their unexpected finals appearance last year.

He is far from their main problem.

Their list is stale, lacking quality players from the 25-30 age range, which is all on Dodo.

Things are likely to get worse before they get better for Essendon on field.

Need at least 2 more decent draft periods before they look to bounce back up into the finals. No matter who is coaching them.

They certainly don't need to cut their list as deeply as the Crows or North did, but it's just mired in an uncomfortable phase that doesn't have a ceiling capable of winning a flag

Good core of young talent?

You are coming dead last in the VFL.

Time to wake up to reality.

With something like 11 of our top 30 players injured we had like 9 AFL listed players in the VFL last week and only one (BZT iirc) who could be ok at AFL level.

Development an issue (we’re third last) but fitness is just as, if not more worrying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With something like 11 of our top 30 players injured we had like 9 AFL listed players in the VFL last week and only one (BZT iirc) who could be ok at AFL level.

Development an issue (we’re third last) but fitness is just as, if not more worrying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So just a short term run of bad luck you reckon?

Bombers fans have been saying this exact same thing for ten years now.

Always some excuse but success always just around the corner.

One of the players should have squared up on that flog Luke Parker when he mocked Dylan Shiel
What did Parker do?

Terrific bump!

So back in 2010 Essendon were building an "awesome" list according to their fans. FF 12 years and they've spent the time in between doing bugger all and now appear on the decline from a peak of 8th place in 2021.

At least the Dodo will have a high draft pick this year in the MSD and the ND. He will of course win trade week to bring in more quality like Smith and seagull Shiel. The latter is copping a pasting on Fox in recent weeks, to go with the Luke Parker taunt

Winning final drought now extends how many days because you can add another 450 days until next years finals start

Remove this Banner Ad

Back