Ari

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 5, 2003
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Ferrari
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...r-danny-corcoran/story-e6frg1xu-1226704787871

Interesting thoughts on Corcoran.

Whilst I would take Steffenson's comments with a grain of salt - the Saville sisters hold a lot of integrity.

Given his failures in the 90s with Essendon, the clear mistrust from his athletes in the naughties and now this drug scandal, it appears s**t follows wherever Corcoran goes.

3 month or 6 month ban, surely this guy can not remain at Essendon

He won't. In fact with Red, Hird and Thompson in the middle of this... Essendon legends.... Corcoran is likely to be the one offered up at the fall guy if Essendon can get away with it.

The_Ru

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2003
Ballarat
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The entire thing would be a finding that they cheated. And being retroactively handed a wooden spoon would hurt a bazillion times less than the cash/draft picks/no finals income/etc. etc. It just seems like such a microscopically small element of the package to be negotiating over!

Unless the loss of points includes the loss of all beneficial outcomes including awards and Brownlow votes.

Feb 6, 2013
ACT
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Vlad and Gilligan must really rue the day Evans was replaced with General Little.

That change has really seemed to throw a massive spanner in the works.

Evans - Willing to negotiate with AFL, Hird refused deal- Got nowhere

Little - Willing to negotiate with AFL, Hird refused deal- Getting nowhere - bombing cash bigtime

They ruing

He won't. In fact with Red, Hird and Thompson in the middle of this... Essendon legends.... Corcoran is likely to be the one offered up at the fall guy if Essendon can get away with it.

I must admit, I still don't see how Bomber is in anyway responsible for what went down.

I haven't read the entire charge sheet - but he isn't head of football or senior coach.

His area of responsibility is player management and training and reporting to Hird.

He may have brought Robinson to the club, however that isn't exactly uncommon too bring staff with you from an old job. It was never however his job to manage Robinson or the drug program.

I actually think in the court of public opinion he is coming out fairly well

There are some here who won't be happy unless the AFL pour petrol on everything Essendon own and put a match to it. I never fully realised how threatened other clubs are by Essendon until now.

Some of you lot aren't looking for justice to be served here. You are just seeing it as an opportunity to have one of your greatest threats destroyed :)
What's the expression? You make your bed, you lie in it. This whole sordid saga is and was of Essendon's making. Not Carro Wilson. Not the AFL. Not anyone else.

Vlad and Gilligan must really rue the day Evans was replaced with General Little.

That change has really seemed to throw a massive spanner in the works.
That spanner could end up costing EFC a harsher penalty.
I would suggest that Evans may have been able to secure a better deal, through cooperation rather than belligerence.

Sewer de Lance

Premiership Player
Feb 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Jamaica Bob Sled FC
If the rumours leaking out of AFL house regarding Essendon's penalties are true, then the AFL have lost me forever as a supporter. Not being able to participate in the upcoming finals, a $2 million dollar fine, banned from the first 2 rounds of the next two drafts, and the senior coach stood down for 12 months, is way too lenient considering the situation stated in ASADA's interim report alone. There is already enough circumstantial evidence out in the public to warrant much heavier punishments.

In my eyes, these so called penalties that are being reported are soft, and only further malign the integrity of the AFL. As much as I love my club, I will do what Jesus Hird should have done a long time ago, "I'll Walk".

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
If the rumours leaking out of AFL house regarding Essendon's penalties are true, then the AFL have lost me forever as a supporter. Not being able to participate in the upcoming finals, a $2 million dollar fine, banned from the first 2 rounds of the next two drafts, and the senior coach stood down for 12 months, is way too lenient considering the situation stated in ASADA's interim report alone. There is already enough circumstantial evidence out in the public to warrant much heavier punishments.

In my eyes, these so called penalties that are being reported are soft, and only further malign the integrity of the AFL. As much as I love my club, I will do what Jesus Hird should have done a long time ago, "I'll Walk".

See ya later then. Its highly unlikely that the penalties will be any harsher than that....ASADA penalties on players the only possible exception

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
When did I say they were innocent? I am not convinced they are. BUT they need to be proven guilty. This is how the law works. Probably Essendon are red-hot guilty, but without proof there is nothing but hear-say. It's in Essendons interest to accept a sanction now while they are maybe guilty than down the track if they are proven guilty.

Under the rules, they need to keep records of all drugs administered. They did not. They commit to safeguarding players' safety. They did not. While the issue of banned drugs is yet to play out with ASADA, there is solid evidence of Essendon breaking rules set down by the AFL. Please stop saying they aren't guilty of anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Under the rules, they need to keep records of all drugs administered. They did not. They commit to safeguarding players' safety. They did not. While the issue of banned drugs is yet to play out with ASADA, there is solid evidence of Essendon breaking rules set down by the AFL. Please stop saying they aren't guilty of anything.

Yeah apparently losing the records of drugs adminsitered is poor governance but is not drug cheating.

Yeah apparently losing the records of drugs adminsitered is poor governance but is not drug cheating.
At every olympics from now on every athlete will have a letter from their sports scientist and their coach has lost all the drug records he gave the athlete. All have just hasd some bad governance and will be let go

You watch. In a few years player X will sue EFC and miraculously, records will emerge.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...r-danny-corcoran/story-e6frg1xu-1226704787871

Interesting thoughts on Corcoran.

Whilst I would take Steffenson's comments with a grain of salt - the Saville sisters hold a lot of integrity.

Given his failures in the 90s with Essendon, the clear mistrust from his athletes in the naughties and now this drug scandal, it appears s**t follows wherever Corcoran goes.

3 month or 6 month ban, surely this guy can not remain at Essendon

Wow. Maybe another reason some Essendon people didn't want him back.

Ari

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 5, 2003
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Ferrari

When did I say that? What is said is that they are undoubtedly guilty of poor governance. That is without question. They are not, to date, guilty of taking banned substances. And that is what this is all about. The AFL seem hell-bent on the charge sheet putting Essendon down as drug-cheats whereas Essendon will not accept this because it's speculation and they have none yet been found guilty.

Please do not accuse me of saying Essendon are not guilty of anything.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
When did I say that? What is said is that they are undoubtedly guilty of poor governance. That is without question. They are not, to date, guilty of taking banned substances. And that is what this is all about. The AFL seem hell-bent on the charge sheet putting Essendon down as drug-cheats whereas Essendon will not accept this because it's speculation and they have none yet been found guilty.

Please do not accuse me of saying Essendon are not guilty of anything.

You said they hadn't been proven to have broken any rules. They have.

You watch. In a few years player X will sue EFC and miraculously, records will emerge.
I can see it now, i was given x and it made me sick...No we gave you steroids it made you stronger see.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jobe will do the right thing and hand it back. Right?

To be fair until the players individually have their day in the sun the Brownlow remains Jobes, and should.

This weeks events is about the club and their four senior executives.

If ASADA decide not to punish the players then Watson keeps his medal. Its actually a pretty simple formula. Get away with it = keep it. Get punished = lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back