Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The level of delusion is unbelievable. I have many Essendon mates and to a person they just wish the club would rule a line and look forward, not back.

Having sacked Hird, not re-employed Thompson, let the CEO and Chair go, sacked their medical and fitness team (with one glaring exception), it baffles me why they are re-signing all their players - these guys are damaged and will not be able to see a full season out without cracking, even if they start next season like a bull at a gate.

If the CAS appeal is unsuccessful then Jobe's Brownlow is tainted and for the sake of the competition he needs to have it stripped. If he wants to come back next year and try and win one, good luck to him.

Am embarrassed for the Hird's - all 3 have been terrible in public and in a short space of time they've ruined James' legacy, career and future. It does spark the question though ... given that as a coach he was clearly willing to "do whatever it takes" what did he get up to in his career? he was known for his endurance and ability to back-up - characteristics not dissimilar to those that these products can enhance.

I suppose unless there are frozen samples lying around somewhere, we'll never know. Seems like a similar problem to baseball.

I look forward to the days when we forget the Hird-era and we can get back to hating Essendon for traditional reasons!

The level of delusion is unbelievable. I have many Essendon mates and to a person they just wish the club would rule a line and look forward, not back.

Having sacked Hird, not re-employed Thompson, let the CEO and Chair go, sacked their medical and fitness team (with one glaring exception), it baffles me why they are re-signing all their players - these guys are damaged and will not be able to see a full season out without cracking, even if they start next season like a bull at a gate.

If the CAS appeal is unsuccessful then Jobe's Brownlow is tainted and for the sake of the competition he needs to have it stripped. If he wants to come back next year and try and win one, good luck to him.

Am embarrassed for the Hird's - all 3 have been terrible in public and in a short space of time they've ruined James' legacy, career and future. It does spark the question though ... given that as a coach he was clearly willing to "do whatever it takes" what did he get up to in his career? he was known for his endurance and ability to back-up - characteristics not dissimilar to those that these products can enhance.

I suppose unless there are frozen samples lying around somewhere, we'll never know. Seems like a similar problem to baseball.

I look forward to the days when we forget the Hird-era and we can get back to hating Essendon for traditional reasons!

These products weren't illegal back then. Similar to the reason there's no point investigating the Weapon's involvement at Geelong. The sorts of things they use weren't illegal prior to 2011-2012

Wash your mouth! The Hird Era corresponds to our threepeat!!! I'm not going to forget that. Lin fact, let's hope it continues into the finals this hear.

We're on the same page here partly - but even if they weren't found out, we would still have 3-peated; their list just wasn't good enough and their training was so poor they blew-up soft tissue after soft tissue.

The fact is the Hird era continues until every effected player and official has left Essendon. Essendon's actions this year ensure this will be extended for years - a smarter group would have finished this completely and utterly by now.

I am looking forward to when this is in the distant past though. They'll end up with the same stain as the Chicago White Sox, Ben Johnson, Flo Jo, and Lance Armstrong - only with a hell of a lot less winning!

We're on the same page here partly - but even if they weren't found out, we would still have 3-peated; their list just wasn't good enough and their training was so poor they blew-up soft tissue after soft tissue.

The fact is the Hird era continues until every effected player and official has left Essendon. Essendon's actions this year ensure this will be extended for years - a smarter group would have finished this completely and utterly by now.

I am looking forward to when this is in the distant past though. They'll end up with the same stain as the Chicago White Sox, Ben Johnson, Flo Jo, and Lance Armstrong - only with a hell of a lot less winning!

And a whole lot more whining.

Sigh. How are these low-lives able to keep making comments like this, after what they've done to the competition? How are they not pulled up? Good on you Kochie, scum do not deserve the number 1 pick and it is a bad look.

Tim Watson:

“I hope we’re not (going back over it). Essendon has been penalised, I think sufficiently for something that may or may not have taken place — the probability of players being given banned substances is still 50-50.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...k/news-story/0072352c024fcac243545c4465fa9a62

Sigh. How are these low-lives able to keep making comments like this, after what they've done to the competition? How are they not pulled up? Good on you Kochie, scum do not deserve the number 1 pick and it is a bad look.

Tim Watson:

“I hope we’re not (going back over it). Essendon has been penalised, I think sufficiently for something that may or may not have taken place — the probability of players being given banned substances is still 50-50.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...k/news-story/0072352c024fcac243545c4465fa9a62

Probability versus possibility......50/50.

When Timbo knocked up Mrs Watson, was she only "half pregnant" until Jobe poked his head out?

Possibly.....of probably

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They should be given the pick equivalent to where they finished last year (15th). This wouldn't be "punishment", it would be removing an unfair advantage they will now inadvertently receive by having their players suspended.
No, give them back the picks stripped for governance (pick 11 and 29 I think in 2013) and strip this year 1st and 2nd rounder

We need those in these sort of positions to be brave enough to take this stand.

How can people say the scums have been punished enough? What is a season?

The season was WADA
Gil is talking about the draft picks they lost and the fine they received

The season was WADA
Gil is talking about the draft picks they lost and the fine they received

Which was governance and not drugs. As we were told over and over and over.

Essendon have never been punished for what they injected in their players.

Which was governance and not drugs. As we were told over and over and over.

Essendon have never been punished for what they injected in their players.

That's because it never happened - didn't you get a copy of the spin book

You've got to be a special kind of dumb to buy the spin that the AFL and EFC have ran with over the last 3 years.
a23850e2c9e6a391d33f901fe983b1bf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back