Phantom Draft eth-dog's 2021 Phantom

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 4

Pick 55, Hawthorne: Samuel Banks (187/73 HB, Tasmania).

Pick 56, Brisbane: Cameron McLeod (192/78 MF, Murray Bushrangers).

Pick 57, Fremantle: Jai Serong (192/80 IM, Gippsland Power).

Pick 58, Carlton: Mani Liddy (183/80 IM, Sturt).

Pick 59, Hawthorne: Oscar Morrison (193/86 Utility, Geelong Falcons).

Pick 60, Fremantle: Eric Benning (196/85 KF/R, Claremont). West Coast bid, 0 points to match, Fremantle match with pick 61, 135 points in surplus 2022.

Pick 61, Melbourne: Taj Woewodin (182/77 OM, East Fremantle). West Coast bid, 0 points to match, Melbourne match with pick 85.

Pick 62, West Coast: Judd McVee (178/65 HB, East Fremantle).

Pick 63, Sydney: Blayne O’Loughlin (171/74 HB, North Adelaide).

Pick 64, North Melbourne: Lachlan Rankin (182/68 HB, Oakleigh Chargers).

Pick 65, Port Adelaide: Hugh Stagg (179/80 IM, Glenelg).

Pick 66, Port Adelaide: Sam Breuer (183/80 IM, GWV Rebels).

Pick 67, Adelaide: Lewis Rayson (183/69 HB, Glenelg).

Pick 68, Brisbane: Cooper Hamilton (182/69 SF, Bendigo Pioneers).
I think all on west coast board would be stoked if this was to eventuate.

Pretty good crack at it...Only player that is a fair way down on what you'd expect is Rachelle, would be surprised if he's not off the board by 10, and Freo are said to be dead keen. Don't mind Hawthorn's selections.. Still some quality in the early stages of the second round. Sam Banks at 55 is a great get if he recovers well from his injury marred season.

Probably should get to these (sorry, I forgot haha).
I'd be disappointed in Wanganeen-Milera tbh.

I think most fans agree we need to try another quality genuine mid
I think he's exactly what you need. You lack pace on the outside and Wanganeen-Milera brings exactly that. I'd be disappointed if he didn't get to us honestly.
Is kade dittmah not on the list ?
Knew I missed someone...
Impressive eth-dog Nice work.
Aww shucks PP.
Great effort eth-dog :thumbsu:

I was really surprised that Conway isn't anywhere on, that list ........... unless I am totally blind and have missed him.

Whilst I know this years ruck cohort is thin, I reckon the Big Fella gets a look in within the first four rounds of the draft.
Eh, I had him a chance at the Dogs pick but I think he's more of a rookie prospect
Did you rig the outcome there to get a good result for the cats because I'd be well on board

Excellent work
No rigging was done at all... except for the case of Miller Bergman to Essendon.
Great stuff mate
Cheers Haz.
Not a fan of Roberts at our second pick, he's slow and has no point of difference. I'd rather have Wilmot or Bazzo.
Yeah I wasn't sure what to do there. van Rooyen was who I had but the more I thought about it the more I thought that he was a Melbourne pick. Plus his testing today proved that he isn't slow.
Thanks for you efforts Eth. I though this was an interesting comment, can you expand on that please ?
From what I've seen he looks like someone who will impact the game more from inside 50 than in the ruck.
Love North's first two picks, but we are probably not using five picks because we would be upgrading Edwards to the main list.

I am wondering about:

Pick 45, North Melbourne: Cooper Murley (178/69 SF, Norwood).

Pick 46, North Melbourne: Luke Nankervis (189/76 MF, Sandringham Dragons).

I like Murley's write-up, but do you see him becoming a genuine small forward?

Nankervis is a name I have seen mentioned before, but does he have scope to play elsewhere outside the forward line as we have got a stack of medium forwards.
I generally just fill out the picks. For those two I just went best available because I ticked off what I thought was needed at North honestly.
More 180cm mids. No thanks. We have enough. Any big bodied 190cm mids out there like Dangerfield. Also pretty sure we will upgrade Butts and Strachan so wont use the last pick.
Most of the issues I think with Adelaide's young midfield isn't size, it's ball winning ability, Berry excluded.
Thank you.
Pretty good crack at it...Only player that is a fair way down on what you'd expect is Rachelle, would be surprised if he's not off the board by 10, and Freo are said to be dead keen. Don't mind Hawthorn's selections.. Still some quality in the early stages of the second round. Sam Banks at 55 is a great get if he recovers well from his injury marred season.
Rachele is a good chance of going top 10 but as I said earlier, it's easily the hardest to predict after the top 4 go of recent years.

I think he's exactly what you need. You lack pace on the outside and Wanganeen-Milera brings exactly that. I'd be disappointed if he didn't get to us honestly.

Most Saints fans would disagree I'd imagine but that's fine.

A genuine A grade mid is what we need. One with pace and class would be ideal, but they would need to have a good inside game because we rely too heavily on Steele.

Since 2015 we've taken one mid in the top 40 in the draft and it shows.

We will also be hoping to add a bit of pace with both our NGA's if available.

Overall I think you've done bloody well, just don't see that as our big need.

Last edited:
Most Saints fans would disagree I'd imagine but that's fine.

A genuine A grade mid is what we need. One with pace and class would be ideal, but they would need to have a good inside game because we rely too heavily on Steele.

Since 2015 we've taken one mid in the top 40 in the draft and it shows.

We will also be hoping to add a bit of pace with both our NGA's if available.

Overall I think you've done bloody well, just don't see that as our big need.
Owens I feel is the inside player you want. I can see Johnson or Goater there as well, I just think you take NWM.
I agree Melbourne will probably grab JVR.
And I don't think there are an abundance of needs for you guys. I went with who I think is the best player there.

Great draft for the eagles, addressing our midfield needs,probably go dittmar with that last pick tho if he's there or possibly conway
Got HBFers coming out of our A holes already

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Round 3

Pick 42, Richmond: Hugh Jackson (181/70 IM, North Adelaide).

Pick 43, Brisbane: Paul Curtis (181/71 SF, Western Jets).

Pick 44, Port Adelaide: Jase Burgoyne (186/65 HB, Woodville-West Torrens). North Melbourne bid, 362-197=165, match with pick 55, 42 point surplus 2022.

Pick 45, North Melbourne: Cooper Murley (178/69 SF, Norwood).

Pick 46, North Melbourne: Luke Nankervis (189/76 MF, Sandringham Dragons).

Pick 47, Melbourne: Jamieson Ballantyne (183/79 OM, GWV Rebels).

Pick 48, Geelong: Charlie Molan (186/78 OM, GWV Rebels).

Pick 49, Essendon: Jahmal Stretch (181/62 SF, Claremont).

Pick 50, Western Bulldogs: Noah Pegoraro (194/88 KD, West Perth).

Pick 51, Brisbane: Corey Warner (182/74 IM, East Fremantle).

Pick 52, Essendon: Miller Bergman (188/65 HB, Dandenong Stingrays).

Pick 53, Melbourne: James Willis (180/75 OM, North Adelaide).

Pick 54, Collingwood: Felix Flockhart (200/79 KF/R, Sandringham).

God this draft makes me happy in the pants :tearsofjoy:

Unlikely that Brown falls that low, but if we ended up with:

- Knevitt
- Butler
- Hough
- Brown
- Molan

all from the one draft, I think I'd pass out from the happy delirium

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Changed a bit around there. Think bird_man will be a little bit happier with this draft
Dont think Hobbs suits St Kilda any more than Wanganeen-Milera does. Both too extremes on either the spectrum when St Kilda need someone more in the middle who can bring some class and speed on the outside but also win their own ball.

Dont think Hobbs suits St Kilda any more than Wanganeen-Milera does. Both too extremes on either the spectrum when St Kilda need someone more in the middle who can bring some class and speed on the outside but also win their own ball.
Wanganeen-Milera has a contested possession rate of 40-45% in his SANFL Seniors and reserves appearances, this "can't win his own ball" is one of the biggest myths of the draft class

Changed a bit around there. Think bird_man will be a little bit happier with this draft
Very good.

I know Saints fans would love a mid with pace and class but a quality mid is a quality mid and ones that win their own footy like Hobbs are priceless.

I'd much prefer that than grabbing another flanker with class in the hope of them turning into a mid.

Amiss. Erasmus, Motlop, Serong and Benning would be a goodly muster for Freo. Ticks all boxes in terms of need.
What box does Serong The Larger tick? I think he is a decent pick, but if we draft Erasmus and have traded in Brodie I'm not sure he fits a need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back