Phantom Draft eth-dog's 2023 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

How similar is Archer Reid to the Lions 2024 academy kid, Tom Gillett?

I have the same concern with Reid, as I do Gillett. Are they somewhat adverse to hard, physical body contact.

But I’m unsure if it’s a genuine concern, or if they are young giraffes, who probably won’t grow in to their bodies until they’re in their early to mid 20’s.
I wouldn't have a clue as I don't worry about next year until next year.

Not sure how much more class Blues need on the outside. We'll be stacked with outside runners with Acres, Hollands, Cottrell, Binns and the Camporeale twins coming next year.

Inside pace would be useful. A genuine tall defender. A class half forward - hoping Elijah Hollands steps up here.
Stacked with runners yes, but how much class delivery is there in that lot?

Stacked with runners yes, but how much class delivery is there in that lot?

Not really the point. We got 3 of them 12 months ago and will get another 2 next year. We can't play them all. Acres and Ollie Hollands aren't getting dropped. Binns can deliver. Camporeales will be fine.

Inside pace is a far bigger need. I'd be shocked if we opted for another outside runner.

Stranger things have happened though.

Not really the point. We got 3 of them 12 months ago and will get another 2 next year. We can't play them all. Acres and Ollie Hollands aren't getting dropped. Binns can deliver. Camporeales will be fine.

Inside pace is a far bigger need. I'd be shocked if we opted for another outside runner.

Stranger things have happened though.
Don't disagree, just that you made the comment about class and then rattled off names that where they have a knock on them it is in the class department. I am bullish on Binns and the Camporeales look good on limited showings and as you say Acres ain't getting dropped. Ollie Hollands might be a bit more at risk, but again I am bullish. Nevertheless I agree inside pace much more a need.

Don't disagree, just that you made the comment about class and then rattled off names that where they have a knock on them it is in the class department. I am bullish on Binns and the Camporeales look good on limited showings and as you say Acres ain't getting dropped. Ollie Hollands might be a bit more at risk, but again I am bullish. Nevertheless I agree inside pace much more a need.

I guess when I think of outside class, I'm looking at a range of attributes, not just inside 50 delivery. Acres is probably our biggest butcher inside 50, but he does so many other things ands gets so many opportunities to make up for it.

Ollie Hollands is right as rain. Wouldn't have gone as high as he did if all he could do is run. He had some form for good delivery in his phantom drafts. The kid is going to be very good. Dees won a flag with Ed Langdon playing a huge part.

I guess when I think of outside class, I'm looking at a range of attributes, not just inside 50 delivery. Acres is probably our biggest butcher inside 50, but he does so many other things ands gets so many opportunities to make up for it.

Ollie Hollands is right as rain. Wouldn't have gone as high as he did if all he could do is run. He had some form for good delivery in his phantom drafts. The kid is going to be very good. Dees won a flag with Ed Langdon playing a huge part.
I suppose when I think of "class" my mind turns specifically to disposal (not just I50 but generally) but I appreciate "class" can cover a broader range of attributes and I think the players named do have (varying degrees) of class with those other aspects. Perhaps it is in large part a matter of terminological quibble but I suspect we are substantively in agreement. In addition to inside pace I wouldn't mind an X-factor forward (Elijah might be that) especially a genuine crumber as our small forwards simply are not crumbers and a genuinely tall defender as with Young going backwards in 2023 we seem exposed in that area. Apart from inside pace what would you like to target?

Did I read that right, Caleb Windsor an inside mid? :think:
He's a bit of both but that's where I project him to become.
Why do you think fremantle would take edwards with 36 when after 40 we can match him
Because I think Essendon, West Coast and Brisbane are all chances of taking him before 41.

I suppose when I think of "class" my mind turns specifically to disposal (not just I50 but generally) but I appreciate "class" can cover a broader range of attributes and I think the players named do have (varying degrees) of class with those other aspects. Perhaps it is in large part a matter of terminological quibble but I suspect we are substantively in agreement. In addition to inside pace I wouldn't mind an X-factor forward (Elijah might be that) especially a genuine crumber as our small forwards simply are not crumbers and a genuinely tall defender as with Young going backwards in 2023 we seem exposed in that area. Apart from inside pace what would you like to target?

Definitely need a point of difference inside but we will play Elijah like the Pies play De Goey so that may help.

We needed the x factor as you said so Elijah once again performs two roles.

If we bundled up picks and used our F1 to move up to Geelong's #8, then a tall defender is definitely on the radar.

Aside from that, we do need midfield depth to cover for injuries and a couple of stars getting towards 30. At present the only potential extractor in the twos that I can think of is Carroll and whoever gets left out of the side between Hewett and Kennedy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a Tigers fan I'd be happy with Archer and Moir, but also like the look of George Stevens as I believe we still need more big bodied midfield help. Notice that Moir is a fairly solid size at 187/85 can he become a midfielder down the track?

If Murphy is there at 13/14, can see us trying to trade up. Leake does not excite me one single bit.
I advise you to watch his national championship games and his five goal effort in the Coates league.
he Has more upside than Tom swift.
essendon posters don’t forget mate hahaha

I advise you to watch his national championship games and his five goal effort in the Coates league.
he Has more upside than Tom swift.
essendon posters don’t forget mate hahaha

Does not suit our needs we need a genuine key, it’s why we should either trade up or take one of the KPP’s. If not happy to take a genuine inside mid can never have too many, Taylor Adams has brought us time but we’ll need another one soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back