Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Guys,

I’ve had a lot of people ask me my opinion on Quantstamp. As I always say, DYOR but here is my take on it.

For those that don’t participate in many ICO’s there is always a few important things you MUST research and ask yourself:

• First and foremost. The product. Does it have a big demand? Are there many other players in that market.
  • Do they have a working product?
  • Who are the advisors & do they have a good team.
  • Initial funding amount and splits.
  • Early Community strength.
In short, and I will post a link to their WP, but Quantstamp (QSP) are a security Auditing system for smart contracts. If this already doesn’t prick up your ears, then you are an idiot and should stop reading right now.

We all know the future potential for smart contracts & the adoption growth will continue to hit new heights.

But this will won’t breakthough until they can be secure & the trust can be healed. Hacks and human error issues have been a driving factor into the very reason this isn’t being adopted at a LARGE scale.

Quantstamp is being built on the ETH platform and is designed to find vulnerabilities, bugs & issues in smart contracts prior to it hitting the blockchain.

The product has a HUGE potential. For more information, check out their white paper. It would have to be the best WP I have ever seen also. https://docsend.com/view/shcsmhe

In my opinion & again, please DOYR. This is a winner. The hype surrounding this project is building at a rapid rate and I couldn’t be more bullish on this ICO.

Join their telegram to learn how to get involved- https://t.me/quantstamp

Thanks

cool sent you both messages

If i could grab a Pm id appreciate it also. Some mates and I doing some research at the moment. Anything to point us in the right direction or assist us in trading would be appreciated. currently holding Eth, Ripple and Bitcoin.

Another BTC fork coming up. What are your guys thoughts? Apparently the anticipation is pushing the price up atm.
Price is just crazy. Price rises like this with other investments have typically ended with a big crash. No sign of that at all with Bitcoin yet.

The whole market is just one crazy guessing game.

I'd love to invest into Bitcoin but as a uni student the cost really just isn't feasible. I may try trade some coins regularly once exams are over and see if I can make some money to buy a Bitcoin or two that way.

Price is just crazy. Price rises like this with other investments have typically ended with a big crash. No sign of that at all with Bitcoin yet.

The whole market is just one crazy guessing game.

I'd love to invest into Bitcoin but as a uni student the cost really just isn't feasible. I may try trade some coins regularly once exams are over and see if I can make some money to buy a Bitcoin or two that way.
That's what I was doing as well at the beginning. I was also putting money into BTC weekly up until around 3500, I haven't put any new money in since then.

I was pretty happy with the results of the last fork. Since then I've been almost 100% Bitcoin just a very small holding in Eth, which I think should trade into Bitcoin for the next fork.

The rate BTC is rising I wonder if we will hit $10k by end of year?

The fork occurring this month is pretty major, so its crazy to think that people are still piling in with so much uncertainty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the fork is pushing the price. Last fork it was beneficial to be holding BTC so people might be thinking the same this time. That's how I'm going atm. Will hold until fork but trying to decide what I'll do after.

That fork created an offshoot currency token people can use to gain free money.

From my understanding of the Seg2X fork there will be no new token created. People aren't even going to know which chain will survive.

That fork created an offshoot currency token people can use to gain free money.

From my understanding of the Seg2X fork there will be no new token created. People aren't even going to know which chain will survive.
I was referring to Bitcoin Gold. Its due to be released and BTC holders are supposed to get equivalent BTG.

The Seg fork is a different thing from what I understand.

I was referring to Bitcoin Gold. Its due to be released and BTC holders are supposed to get equivalent BTG.

The Seg fork I think is different I don't know anything about that.

Yeah sorry, I didn't think about it could have been gold as what you might have been referring to.

The thing with Bitcoin Gold is the snapshot happened, so if you transferred now into Bitcoin you wouldn't get the equivalent amount of Bitcoin Gold.

The meteoric rise is interesting, I wont be buying any more Bitcoin prior to the fork or maybe even just after. Might jump more into ETH though on the thought that once the fork happens money may run out of Bitcoin and back into Alts

Yeah sorry, I didn't think about it could have been gold as what you might have been referring to.

The thing with Bitcoin Gold is the snapshot happened, so if you transferred now into Bitcoin you wouldn't get the equivalent amount of Bitcoin Gold.

The meteoric rise is interesting, I wont be buying any more Bitcoin prior to the fork or maybe even just after. Might jump more into ETH though on the thought that once the fork happens money may run out of Bitcoin and back into Alts
Really? When was the snapshot? I don't think it will effect me as I haven't bought any lately but i'm interested to know how that works.

Yeah I think money will leave BTC, however after BCC fork BTC went on a really crazy run that people didn't expect.

Really? When was the snapshot? I don't think it will effect me as I haven't bought any lately but i'm interested to know how that works.

Yeah I think money will leave BTC, however after BCC fork BTC went on a really crazy run that people didn't expect.

Basically before the fork happened.

From my limited understanding.

There was two differemt directions for bitcoin development to go, it was contentious so there was two tokens to be created bitcoin and the bitcoin gold.
So the chain forks and at that point everyone who held bitcoin was rewarded with BTG on their branch of the chain. If you bought bitcoin gold you would be buying on their chain, similarly if you bought bitcoin after this event you would not be rewarded with BTG as the event has already occurred. So the snapshot occurs at the creation of the token.

The upcoming fork isn't contentious, one of the new chains will "win" with all computing power dedicated to that chain with transactions grinding to a crawl or halting on the other. This is a battle for what Bitcoin is going forward.

The danger with this is that whilst holders will be rewarded with an equal holding on each chain if you tried for example to send your bitcoin to the new token and the token lost your holdings would be worth zero.
There is also replay protection not being built in so if you sell on one chain the other may be affected aswell and you lose everything. This part of things i dont quite get but there does seem to be some danger spoken about.

The fork is due to occur around 16th November.

Bitcoin is its own worst enemy. Would be surprised if it's worth more than $1000 in 5 years time.

Depends.
Technology wise, its inferior to others, so on fundamentals it should be surpassed, at least that's what I keep reading.

However it has immense brand recognition and is the gateway to the Crypto world currently. If it maintains its current use as a store of value when others are performing poorly then it could take up the position of like a gold/precious metal in our current financial system.

Depends.
Technology wise, its inferior to others, so on fundamentals it should be surpassed, at least that's what I keep reading.

However it has immense brand recognition and is the gateway to the Crypto world currently. If it maintains its current use as a store of value when others are performing poorly then it could take up the position of like a gold/precious metal in our current financial system.

The tech is horribly, horribly inferior.

AOL had brand recognition, Macy's had brand recognition, both are now a ghost of their former selves. I agree its current main use case is acting as a gateway to the crypto world, however this will change with adoption. Already you can purchase other cryptos directly online in Australia, albeit at an inflated price due to lack of competition. While every other crypto acts as a 'store of value' and continues to outstrip bitcoin in capability it can and will get left behind in the dust.

Any other Neblio investors here?

I love Ripple long term too. Loads of people think XRP won't be adopted with the ripple technology but I think this is wrong.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Is this a good strategy as in shorting for the fork etc... i trade my BTC .25 (which has climbed to about 9500 AUD per BTC rapidly in the last week( i got them at 7800) to ETH which seems to be moderately stable as an ALT, before the fork and catch some more forcasted cheaper BTC while the dust is settling from the Hard fork?

Or leave it be and just buy BTC at the forcasted drop after the HFork?

I've got about 5g set aside and was going to just put it into ETH but it seems to really just run Level at the moment bouncing from average 390 to 400 etc!

Essentially I'm just going to hodl a few ETH and BTC for a year but curious about this fork, Bitcoins volatility and its march...

Is this a good strategy as in shorting for the fork etc... i trade my BTC .25 (which has climbed to about 9500 AUD per BTC rapidly in the last week( i got them at 7800) to ETH which seems to be moderately stable as an ALT, before the fork and catch some more forcasted cheaper BTC while the dust is settling from the Hard fork?

Or leave it be and just buy BTC at the forcasted drop after the HFork?

I've got about 5g set aside and was going to just put it into ETH but it seems to really just run Level at the moment bouncing from average 390 to 400 etc!

Essentially I'm just going to hodl a few ETH and BTC for a year but curious about this fork, Bitcoins volatility and its march...
It can go either way when I try to play around, especially shorting. I've used Tether in the past, as I don't trust alts to hold their value when BTC falls. But even Tether has many doubters though it served me well. Right now BTC is holding pretty stable above 7000 USD which I didn't expect so I'm going to hold it too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back