Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Iota is an interesting one...a lot of people talk it up. I have kinda kept an eye on it...hasn't done much since i have been watching. Seems there's a bit of volume moving at present so could be a good time to make a move.
They seem very active on it, constantly producing updates. Solid looking fundamentals. Of the exchanges I'm on its only on Coinspot so I might dust off the account.

Hi Guys,

I’ve had a lot of people ask me my opinion on Quantstamp. As I always say, DYOR but here is my take on it.

For those that don’t participate in many ICO’s there is always a few important things you MUST research and ask yourself:

• First and foremost. The product. Does it have a big demand? Are there many other players in that market.
  • Do they have a working product?
  • Who are the advisors & do they have a good team.
  • Initial funding amount and splits.
  • Early Community strength.
In short, and I will post a link to their WP, but Quantstamp (QSP) are a security Auditing system for smart contracts. If this already doesn’t prick up your ears, then you are an idiot and should stop reading right now.

We all know the future potential for smart contracts & the adoption growth will continue to hit new heights.

But this will won’t breakthough until they can be secure & the trust can be healed. Hacks and human error issues have been a driving factor into the very reason this isn’t being adopted at a LARGE scale.

Quantstamp is being built on the ETH platform and is designed to find vulnerabilities, bugs & issues in smart contracts prior to it hitting the blockchain.

The product has a HUGE potential. For more information, check out their white paper. It would have to be the best WP I have ever seen also. https://docsend.com/view/shcsmhe

In my opinion & again, please DOYR. This is a winner. The hype surrounding this project is building at a rapid rate and I couldn’t be more bullish on this ICO.

Join their telegram to learn how to get involved- https://t.me/quantstamp

Thanks

Hey mate. just wanted to say thanks for the heads up on this! It pushed me to get my foot in the door for crypto's.
Did my research for QSP and fell in love with the project. Then smashed the POC and got tier 1+2... could only afford enough for tier 2 tho :(

First 48hrs have been all time. The project is about to make a series of annoouncments, and its mooning hard.

Thanks again, is probably going to set me up for life!!

Hey mate. just wanted to say thanks for the heads up on this! It pushed me to get my foot in the door for crypto's.
Did my research for QSP and fell in love with the project. Then smashed the POC and got tier 1+2... could only afford enough for tier 2 tho :(

First 48hrs have been all time. The project is about to make a series of annoouncments, and its mooning hard.

Thanks again, is probably going to set me up for life!!

Could you tell please tell me how you went about this as in using ETH to purchase it please...

I have about 20 ETH but a bit unclear how to get a hold of QSP or if my wallet will allow me to trade for QSP...

I've been interested in it for a while but a lil hazy on how to get a hold of it Aus style...

From what I understand it was more so the Chinese who have been prepping it for a while since the Fork...

BCC or BCH is apparently almost exclusively Chinese as in stake/mining and was a conscious decision to be pumped as BTC hit new highs after the Fork cancelled...

The sad thing is it virtually works as a dragnet to take punters money trying to chase the climbs...

Classic pump n dump by big players in sync... The scary thing is that they can keep doing it until BTC can't recover as well as it has this time...

BCH up over 100% then down 80%... Nuthin Suss!!!

When you have a conglomerate of whales synchronising their moves, they will have a massive impact which is what we saw with the Bitcoin Cash surge. Make no mistake that was perfect manipulation. Transferred BTC to BTC cash. They made a killing both ways. Sold BTC at its highest rate and purchased BTC cash for peanuts. We know what happened from there.

As punters we aren't privy to these moves, however we can leverage off them if we keep an eye on what's happening.

To the poster above regarding Coin Spots verification process, you feel like a criminal holding up your hand written note expressing that you are aware about what you are about to get into.

September 15 was a great day if you had missed the earlier boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Coinbase is pointless for australian users. Way too restrictive and you can't even cash out. I recommend BTCmarkets. It's an australian exchange that lets you deposit AUD to buy bitcoin, eth, litecoin and ripple. It's a little confusing to use at first, but once you've figured out how to navigate your way around then it's all good. Be aware that depositing funds via Poli payment incurs a $3.30 fee. If you want altcoins then buy BTC or ETH from BTCmarkets and send it to binance or bittrex. Then exchange it for the altcoins you want.

I've covered the problems with coinspot.

Independent Reserve have the highest transaction fees I have ever come across, and they only offer bitcoin and eth. I would stay away from them.

Unfortunately, all australian exchanges/markets have upsides and downsides. But I like BTCmarkets overall - if they offered a bigger selection of coins, then I wouldn't need to go anywhere else.

Agree, but they aren't planning to expand their coin base.

BTC is also great as you can bid for your coin. Unfortunately this can also work against you. The other night I set a bid fir several BTC Cash. Set it at $1550 Aussie, woke up the next morning to see it had gone down to about $1576. Upon setting it, it was hovering around $1590.

Big mistake, as in my mind it was probably well priced at $1609 and thought it might get a slow drop overnight.

Costly error, but I have learnt to take the emotion out of it now.

Win some, lose some..

ETHER looking really strong at the moment, even at this price considering another small purchase of it.

I’m finding coinspot great so far for alt coins

Same. Yeah the fee’s are high but it’s awesome to use and the service is pretty good as well.

ok so doge coin is a fun coin and will reach $1 after our life times

but here are a few coins that I love the look of in a serious way

ethos
raiden network
LBRY credits
ardor
iota

anyone with views on those please share

I just bought a bunch of Ripple coins (XRP) at 33 cents a pop. First crypto investment! I’d love to set and forget but I don’t know if I’ll be able to resist checking the price every spare moment!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just bought a bunch of Ripple coins (XRP) at 33 cents a pop. First crypto investment! I’d love to set and forget but I don’t know if I’ll be able to resist checking the price every spare moment!

That's a fairly high price for it tbh so don't stress out if it drops a bit... Hold onto it and it should grow past that in a bit of time...

Good stuff...welcome to the club (I'm a Ripple holder as well, among other coins)... I'm in for the long haul on this coin so get set to HOLD. I got on back in August and I told myself I won't be reviewing my position for 12 months (unless something drastic happens).
All the best...

View attachment 440944

Actually nice timing :) XRP just took off like a rocket...

I bought some at .28 a few weeks ago and it pretty much yoyo'd up to .33 and back down to .26 lol...

You my friend are a good luck charm...

Happy to help ;)

Last edited:
Everything is rocking right now. I was keen to get on Cardano, Ardor and Golem last week but I felt I had too much in crpyto already so I held back from putting more cash in. Regrets lol

Plus side, ETH, TenX and XRP doing well :)

b5eb4e6c5b173b3e2e2647a17458a1dd.jpg

Just keeps on, keeping on.

Everything is rocking right now. I was keen to get on Cardano, Ardor and Golem last week but I felt I had too much in crpyto already so I held back from putting more cash in. Regrets lol

Plus side, ETH, TenX and XRP doing well :)

I’m excited by altcoins, they’re so under the radar and there are so many coins making people wealthy outside of btc eth ect

Lol I bought into one of those pump and dump coins back in 2014, think it was called X coin. Put $1000 into it and made double. Ended up with 4 bitcoins but exchanged them all for cash, funny to think what could've been now if I held onto them.

Lol I bought into one of those pump and dump coins back in 2014, think it was called X coin. Put $1000 into it and made double. Ended up with 4 bitcoins but exchanged them all for cash, funny to think what could've been now if I held onto them.

“Funny” that’s like close to $50,000 right now... I’d be spewing lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back