Phantom Draft Eth's 2019 Phantom

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it’s not easy doing a Phantom Draft.

My points and discussion are based largely in part on information our recruiting team has said in interviews and podcasts, and how many possible picks we’ll take to the draft, and which picks the club has said it would like to trade, and if we’re likely to draft any academy kids.

Noble has said we’re trying to package our first two picks to move up in to the top 10 to 12 picks. And that we have 4 or 5 players in mind for our first pick.

He’s also said we’re trying to trade our late second round pick, 34, for a future pick. Same with one of our later picks.

That we’re potentially looking at bringing in two academy kids, Keidean Coleman and Noah Cumberland.

And that depending on pick trades and further list management decisions, we’ll take 3 or 4 picks to the draft.

We currently have 1 senior list position, and 2 Cat A rookie list positions available, and 3 out of contract players the club has yet to delist, re-sign, or announce we are committed to re-drafting to the rookie list.
Look honestly I'm not across all that sort of thing, but I'll stand by my picks for now.
Good work Eth. I just reckon if we go a tall, it'll be McAsey. Still reckon we'll take Stephens. He's a very Hawthorn type player.
I think Stephens is a chance. I still like Jackson for you guys, Big Boy is aging, I don't particularly rate Ceglar, and from watching a bit of him at Box Hill this year, Reeves is no guarantee like Jackson.

If we end up with Serong & Young, I owe you a drink or two. I'd be over the moon with those two.

Collingwood’s pick = :poo:

Seriously, we have Howe, Langdon, Scharenberg, Murphy, Crisp who are all 190~cm who can play the 3rd tall role, as well as Madgen in the cat B list. We’re completely stacked in that area. Why on earth would we grab another one? Literally the only medium/tall defender I could see Collingwood pick and justify it is Gould, who’s easily top 10 on talent, but won’t be available.

I like that this one's a bit different. There's always bolters and sliders, if you want to actually try and get it right you gotta try and pick them. So well done on doing that in Rivers and Taylor, and Worrell. Also I'm a big believer in Williams getting taken in the first round, glad you agree. Also agree Weightman will not go top ten, or to the Dogs like 95% of mock drafts are saying.

Don't mind the draft from the crows end. Ash or flanders are the players i'd hope we go for. Taheny at our 2nd pick 'might' be a bit of a stretch but i am hoping he ends up with us. Schoenberg looks goot to. Then a second rostrevor lad in schute isn't too bad either..maybe one of these picks would be used on a project KPP.

I am very open to trading pick 4 with GWS for 6 and their 2020 1st if melbourne pass on bidding on green on the night. It would be a steep price to pay from their end but it means they take flanders or ash or kemp etc AND green which would be worth the price imo. We then still get a great kid at 6 and have extra ammo for lukosius or maybe grundy next year(fingers crossed)
Apart from Ash I don't like it at all....we must take a tall this draft!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back