Eth's Auction Game

Hello everyone! After harro's trade game, I will be putting together an auction game for people to play. Basically what happens is this, I take all the players in the AFL, create lists of 76 or 77 (due to having 766 players on AFL lists) and people bid on the players they want via silent auction (you all send your one and only bid on each player you want by midnight that night, except for the weekend list).

Rules:

1. You will have a budget of $13 million, to reflect the new CBA. You cannot exceed this budget. The minimum bid you can place is $50,000
2. You must have a minimum of 25 players on your list. The upper limit is 45.
3. If no player is bid upon in their group they go into a free agency pool. You can pick up free agents for $50,000 after the trade period finishes
4. There will be a 3 day trade period. If you trade for a player you must take that salary on.
5. Free Agency will be Thursday and Friday after the trade period.
6. When the Free Agency period ends, everyone sends me votes in a 3-2-1 format of who they think has the best list outside of themselves.

The first list will go up on Monday morning. You can bid on Friday's list until Sunday midnight due to less activity on weekends.

1. reggie
2. Snake Charmer
3. Prochard123
4. Skipper_
5. CasuallyDressed
6. harro92
7. Mitchell5
8. Thetrader15
9. Mr MysteryGuest
10. samFFC

Team list thread: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/eag-team-lists.1168883/

Last edited:

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Also can we start earlier? prferably as soon as we have enough players, I'm going overseas on ths weekend

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
The other games slow and draft isn't till Sunday. I know it's when we are planning to start but by the looks of the players we have so far they are all reliable.

I'm in

Can we start it next week though?
I'll see what's more popular but I haven't even completed the first list yet. We won't start until I complete the first 5 at a minimum.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why not. Not sure how good I will be or if I completely understand the rules but hey, I'll give it a nudge

Okay, given there are 2 requests for either starting earlier (which would be tomorrow) or later (Monday), I'll settle this with a straw poll.

If you would like to start tomorrow, please like this post by midnight tonight. reggie, Snake Charmer, Skipper_, CasuallyDressed, harro92, Thetrader15, Mr MysteryGuest

4 votes from you guys carry given I know that Prochard and Mitch want the two different formats.

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
Also Sammy if you want it to start tomorrow please like the post above yours by midnight tonight.

Happy with that!

Of course mate, there's one spot left. Christ, it seems like 3 or 4 years since I last saw you on Bigfooty

Same mate - getting back into the Fantasy stuff a bit more this year again :)

Back