Etihad: Free entry on Sundays for u15s, $3 pies, free water fountains, kicktokick, outside food etc

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect a proportionate drop in the % of beef in said pies to match. On the plus side this development will help lower the stray cat population in Melbourne.

Ah, the old illogical McDonald's myth - They must be replacing what they say they're providing with some unusual, harder to find and more expensive to resource substitute. Has never made sense.

So hideously overpriced food becomes moderately overpriced. Yay! I'd prefer the cheap seats to stop receding year after year - no one seems to take any notice of this.

if enough people have a feed before the match or byo food you'll continue to see prices drop.

Does anyone know if you are allowed to take a thermos with some frankfurters into etihad?

also maybe a few hot dog buns, some tomato sauce and maybe some margarine??

I don't know, good luck, but do you actually know what frankfurts are made off ?, i don't and i am very hesitant to find out.

Who can be ****ed carrying all that s**t in plus tongs and knife?

A couple of ham and cheese rolls and a bottle of water does me if I really need to eat at the footy. On the odd occasion I might buy a bucket of chips if I didn't have time to pack or eat before the game but no way I would make a habit of it unless I want to take out a small personal loan for the year.

The opening of Adelaide Oval masked a pretty significant issue with the crowd levels last year. You take the growth in Adelaide out of the picture and total H&A attendance was the lowest since 2004. With 22 extra games.

It would appear that the AFL might have pushed the customer too far last year. I'd expect to see more of these types of initiatives as the year goes on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They say free entry for kids under 15 for Sunday games. Alright AFL but what happens if there are highly ticketed games on Sunday's?

This is it. I doubt anybody with a reserved seat membership can get a seat for their U/15 to sit beside them. Can see some problems with this with Etihad's seating setup.

So how would you describe 'secret hidden subsidies'?

You not at your tryhard best taking comments out of context are you?
We've got price reductions at the G, a lite version at Etihad & nothing at other venues in answer to a marketing campaign by the venues, No, a campaign by the AFL - guess you'd believe its the stadiums letting fans in for nothing at specified games, as specified by the AFL.
Seems a tinfoil hat allows a different view to a blinkered cheerleader.

So hideously overpriced food becomes moderately overpriced. Yay! I'd prefer the cheap seats to stop receding year after year - no one seems to take any notice of this.

if enough people have a feed before the match or byo food you'll continue to see prices drop.

A Hawks fan squeaking lack of value, the product is overpriced - there is too much footy in Melbourne when fans think like this?

A Hawks fan squeaking lack of value, the product is overpriced - there is too much footy in Melbourne when fans think like this?
Every statement in this post is completely unrelated to the others and utterly incomprehensible. It's like a piece of modern art.

You not at your tryhard best taking comments out of context are you?
We've got price reductions at the G, a lite version at Etihad & nothing at other venues in answer to a marketing campaign by the venues, No, a campaign by the AFL - guess you'd believe its the stadiums letting fans in for nothing at specified games, as specified by the AFL.
Seems a tinfoil hat allows a different view to a blinkered cheerleader.

We can do without the personal commentary, unless you want another threadban.

We cant all rip off our supporters for profit and to keep our state leagues afloat.

The demand for the product exceeds supply, with every game live on FTA against the gate? WA fans accept funding their game is a WA responsibility.

When Hawks fans are whinging, some people just wont pay the asking price and/or supply exceeds demand:
hawker11 said:

The demand for the product exceeds supply, with every game live on FTA against the gate? WA fans accept funding their game is a WA responsibility.

When Hawks fans are whinging, some people just wont pay the asking price and/or supply exceeds demand:
hawker11 said:

He has a legitimate gripe if cheaper seats are being reduced in favour of more expensive ones Id have thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back