Etihad tenants in GF's

Remove this Banner Ad

so another grand final with another MCG tenant .
btw i have nothing against the pies, im happy for them

however it seems that being an MCG tenant is a massive advantage compared to docklands tenants and interstate.
it seems that you can be 3/4th best team as an MCG tenant and win the flag. contrast to docklands tenants you would probably have to be outright best team or 2nd best , and that doesn't even mean you'll win the flag.

-2018 pies
-2017 tigers
-2015 hawks
-2014 hawks
-2013 hawks
-2012 hawks
-2011 pies
-2010 pies
-2008 hawks

docklands tenants excluding dons/blues only get 2 games a year @ MCG

so another grand final with another MCG tenant .
btw i have nothing against the pies, im happy for them

however it seems that being an MCG tenant is a massive advantage compared to docklands tenants and interstate.
it seems that you can be 3/4th best team as an MCG tenant and win the flag. contrast to docklands tenants you would probably have to be outright best team or 2nd best , and that doesn't even mean you'll win the flag.

-2018 pies
-2017 tigers
-2015 hawks
-2014 hawks
-2013 hawks
-2012 hawks
-2011 pies
-2010 pies
-2008 hawks

docklands tenants excluding dons/blues only get 2 games a year @ MCG
The reason those teams made the Grand Final was because they had good teams, nothing to do with which stadium they are a tenant of.

Why did no Etihad tenant make the Grand Final this year? None of them made the finals FFS.

The reason those teams made the Grand Final was because they had good teams, nothing to do with which stadium they are a tenant of.

Why did no Etihad tenant make the Grand Final this year? None of them made the finals FFS.

both tigers and pies played their finals VS away teams @ MCG . if that isnt a massive advantage i dont know what is. because theres no way tigers would have won any finals away nor the pies.

docklands teams appear hamstrung also, whether thats the hard surface or no advantage playing their compared to MCG during H&A season. id like to see a stat of W/L % of docklands teams losing to away teams VS MCG teams losing to away teams.

& no docklands tenants has made a GF finishing 3rd or 4th[/QUOTE]

both tigers and pies played their finals VS away teams @ MCG . if that isnt a massive advantage i dont know what is. because theres no way tigers would have won any finals away nor the pies.

& no docklands tenants has made a GF finishing 3rd or 4th
Only one team has made the Grand Final from outside the top 4 under this finals system. It was an Etihad tenant.

Out of the pure Etihad tenants, North have never been a serious contender, St Kilda lost to a super Geelong side in a close game and then drew against the red hot favourites Collingwood, the Bulldogs the only team to win from 7th.

When have those teams ever been serious contenders losing to underdog MCG tenants?

Only one team has made the Grand Final from outside the top 4 under this finals system. It was an Etihad tenant.

Out of the pure Etihad tenants, North have never been a serious contender, St Kilda lost to a super Geelong side in a close game and then drew against the red hot favourites Collingwood, the Bulldogs the only team to win from 7th.

When have those teams ever been serious contenders losing to underdog MCG tenants?

when was richmond a serious contender last year, or collingwood this year?

look at my previous post. it seems interstate teams and MCG teams can play at docklands much better and it appears they win more games at docklands than MCG .

docklands is hardly an advantage.

and also cats play a lot more MCG games

when was richmond a serious contender last year, or collingwood this year?

look at my previous post. it seems interstate teams and MCG teams can play at docklands much better and it appears they win more games at docklands than MCG .

docklands is hardly an advantage.

and also cats play a lot more MCG games
Who says they aren’t a serious contender? Were the bulldogs a serious contender in 2016?

Brisbane Lions won the premiership in 2003 from 3rd after losing in the qualifying final, they defeated an MCG tenant. Was Brisbane a serious contender.

Perhaps opposition teams play Docklands better because the Etihad tenants haven’t been that strong of sides.

When has an Etihad tenant lost to an underdog MCG tenant in a final?

Who says they aren’t a serious contender? Were the bulldogs a serious contender in 2016?

Brisbane Lions won the premiership in 2003 from 3rd after losing in the qualifying final, they defeated an MCG tenant. Was Brisbane a serious contender.

Perhaps opposition teams play Docklands better because the Etihad tenants haven’t been that strong of sides.

When has an Etihad tenant lost to an underdog MCG tenant in a final?

id say the wider MCG suited the dogs more than quick hard docklands in that period. which is the reason we done well in the finals.

i have no real explanation why either dogs or saints didnt win a flag during 07-10. only that we played the least amount of MCG games compared to cats, hawks and pies.

it cant be a coincidence why MCG teams have been better than docklands teams. there is something more to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Etihad is easier to play because it's always perfect conditions.
There's no real nuances to the ground, knowing how the wind blows or anything.
The sun the only factor when the roof is open.

Also most Etihad teams have small supporter bases so there's not a lot of noise at the games compared to Hawks, Coll, Rich at the G.

What relevance does 2016 have to your point that finals location / home ground whatever cost you a premiership in 2008-2010?

Tell me more about why the Dogs didn't win the 2008 flag

I had to add it as It was a great win ;)

It’s the way you play. Dogs of that era were a running team with a small forward line. The fast hard Etihad suited us better than the wider slow MCG. I’ve seen the contrast playing at the mcg vs Etihad. And I notice a big difference.

Saint Kilda fans would argue a similar point.
-I think currently Essendon have a similar issue that the dogs face
- the hard surface at Etihad surely
impacts teams in the long run.
- only get to play 2 games at mcg. Same issue as interstate teams. However the cats always play much more games.

It’s not a coincidence that hardly any Etihad tenants have made top 4 in nearly 2 decades now.

What’s your take ?

What relevance does 2016 have to your point that finals location / home ground whatever cost you a premiership in 2008-2010?

Tell me more about why the Dogs didn't win the 2008 flag
Yeah I must admit his comment about Dogs and Saints not having MCG exposure and costing the flag was embarrassing.

The only MCG tenants the Dogs played in this period were teams who finished above them, and they copped two spankings from Hawks in 08 and Pies in 10.

Seriously some people over analyse things to within an inch of its life to try and create whatever narrative they want.

Not saying that the grounds don’t have advantage or disadvantage but supporters speak about these things from a place of complete ignorance.

It’s the way you play. Dogs of that era were a running team with a small forward line. The fast hard Etihad suited us better than the wider slow MCG. I’ve seen the contrast playing at the mcg vs Etihad. And I notice a big difference.

- only get to play 2 games at mcg. Same issue as interstate teams. However the cats always play much more games.

It’s not a coincidence why not many Etihad tenants haven’t made top 4 in nearly 2 decades now.

What’s your take ?

When Geelong were good they had no issues at the G

I think if it hadn't rained in 2009 the Saints win the flag

And you should've beaten them in a Prelim - was 2010 the best chance?

A problem is if you design a game plan for Etihad then you might be in trouble in September

But I've always thought that playing too many games at Etihad isn't good for wear and tear on the players - wears you down over the year

Yeah I must admit his comment about Dogs and Saints not having MCG exposure and costing the flag was embarrassing.

The only MCG tenants the Dogs played in this period were teams who finished above them, and they copped two spankings from Hawks in 08 and Pies in 10.

Seriously some people over analyse things to within an inch of its life to try and create whatever narrative they want.

Not saying that the grounds don’t have advantage or disadvantage but supporters speak about these things from a place of complete ignorance.

How many games did the cats play at he mcg during those years ?? I tell you. Much more than us and saints combined.

Before you open your mouth. Have stats the back it up and not just some garbage

It’s not a coincidence that hardly any Etihad tenants have made top 4 in nearly 2 decades now.

What’s your take ?
When you look at any two decade period in the history of StKilda and Footscray they have not made the finals as much as other teams.

When Geelong were good they had no issues at the G

I think if it hadn't rained in 2009 the Saints win the flag

And you should've beaten them in a Prelim - was 2010 the best chance?

A problem is if you design a game plan for Etihad then you might be in trouble in September

But I've always thought that playing too many games at Etihad isn't good for wear and tear on the players - wears you down over the year

But an issue is the game style is built to play at Etihad. I know we didn’t have a key forward which didn’t help. So that’s doesn’t help the cause. Plus the dogs seem to have a very high number of knee injuries

How many games did the cats play at he mcg during those years ?? I tell you. Much more than us and saints combined.

Before you open your mouth. Have stats the back it up and not just some garbage
I don’t need stats I know that the Bulldogs all things being equal were not as good a football team as Geelong, Hawthorn and Collingwood during that period.

Stop posting utter garbage yourself.

Just embarrassing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back