Toast Eugene Arocca Tribute Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Thought it best to have a tribute thread for the great man’s time at Arden Street.

There are a plethora of other threads for conspiracy theories, axe grinding and related topics. This is for recognising the excellent contribution Eugene Arocca has made to the North Melbourne Football Club.

To me Eugene captured everything I’d have pictured as required for North’s ‘dream’ CEO. A strong professional background, dedicated to the cause and a diehard footyhead on top of it.

Unlike many other administrators who’ve walked through the doors, Eugene has been eminently approachable. Face to face or by email (which he always personally responds to), Euge has been a fantastic point of contact between outsiders and the club. The bloke completely embraced the club and its culture – more than anyone could’ve predicted. He summed it up best with his “Where I belong” paver. But if doing a great job isn’t enough he tipped his own hard earned into debt demolition too.

The bloke is loved by his staff and loves them back. He’s been incredibly passionate in defence of the club – think of his feisty call with Patrick Smith. He’s made sure the club engages with the local community in North Melbourne – such a simple but overlooked aspect of the club’s identity by previous administrations. He’s taken this philosophy to other ‘part-time’ homes like Ballarat and Hobart too. Especially for Ballarat, Eugene has been massive in forging a presence up there and fighting for perhaps the best 2nd home we can hope to have while preserving our Melbourne identity.

I’ve not heard a bad word of this bloke from anyone within the club and his achievements in carrying out the board’s plans since he was appointed have been outstanding.

Thanks Eugene!

to be honest I had never really paid much attention to the NMFC front office, but an hour after making my debt demolition contribution he rang me personally to thank me with genuine gratitude in his voice. Been a fan since.

Thought it best to have a tribute thread for the great man’s time at Arden Street.

There are a plethora of other threads for conspiracy theories, axe grinding and related topics. This is for recognising the excellent contribution Eugene Arocca has made to the North Melbourne Football Club.

To me Eugene captured everything I’d have pictured as required for North’s ‘dream’ CEO. A strong professional background, dedicated to the cause and a diehard footyhead on top of it.

Unlike many other administrators who’ve walked through the doors, Eugene has been eminently approachable. Face to face or by email (which he always personally responds to), Euge has been a fantastic point of contact between outsiders and the club. The bloke completely embraced the club and its culture – more than anyone could’ve predicted. He summed it up best with his “Where I belong” paver. But if doing a great job isn’t enough he tipped his own hard earned into debt demolition too.

The bloke is loved by his staff and loves them back. He’s been incredibly passionate in defence of the club – think of his feisty call with Patrick Smith. He’s made sure the club engages with the local community in North Melbourne – such a simple but overlooked aspect of the club’s identity by previous administrations. He’s taken this philosophy to other ‘part-time’ homes like Ballarat and Hobart too. Especially for Ballarat, Eugene has been massive in forging a presence up there and fighting for perhaps the best 2nd home we can hope to have while preserving our Melbourne identity.

I’ve not heard a bad word of this bloke from anyone within the club and his achievements in carrying out the board’s plans since he was appointed have been outstanding.

Thanks Eugene!

Agree

Well said King Corey, quite obviously an excellent CEO who will be greatly missed by the club.

We have had a long list of CEOs who talked the talk but never walked the walk. Euge was someone who didn't say a whole lot in public but what he did say was filled with passion and he was the first competent CEO we had in a long, long time and he will be sadly missed.

Without his help we would unlikely have a club and I am not sure how to express the gratitude to do justice to the extent of the feeling, to put it mildly, if Euge asked us to remove the board for whatever reason because it was a hindrance to us going forward I would have voted however he would have asked without any hesitation.

That is not to say I do not appreciate what the work the board members do, but Euge was in the trench fighting the war for us, when you go to war I would rather listen to the general (CEO) than the politicians (Board members). We are at war and the survival of our club is what is the battlefield. I hope the club has not made a dire error because what is at stake is everything.

A great contributor to the North story.

Stay true Eugene.

Agree with all the sentiment here. I am still in a state of disbelief. The question was asked of JB during his presser, whether he tried to talk Eugene out of his decision. The asnswer was no.
I sincerely hope this was indeed because we didn't feel Eugene was any longer the best man for the job (which seems hard to fathom from the outside), rather than any other reason that we've read about over the last 24 hours.

Not too long after he became CEO, the phone rang at the Gasometer residence. "It's Eugene Arocca, are you going to hand your shares back to the club?"
I could not believe that he was calling me personally. he then gave me his personal number and told me that I could call him any time. That personal touch had a huge effect on me..

Thanks for absolutely everythng you have done over the past 4.5 years.
Am deeply saddened that it had to end the way it did. We may never know exactly what went on, that is a shame. All the best in wherever you end up next.

Thanks a million Eugene Arocca.

Thanks for absolutely everythng you have done over the past 4.5 years.
Am deeply saddened that it had to end the way it did. We may never know exactly what went on, that is a shame. All the best in wherever you end up next.

Thanks a million Eugene Arocca.

Quality OP, King.

Euge's achievements in consolidating our financial position in Melbourne should never be undersold.

(Sincerely hope his considerable efforts don't get subsequently downplayed in the name of political spin, as I have seen happen before.)

Thanks, Euge.

Quality OP, King.

Euge's achievements in consolidating our financial position in Melbourne should never be undersold.

(Sincerely hope his considerable efforts don't get subsequently downplayed in the name of political spin, as I have seen happen before.)

Thanks, Euge.

hear, hear.

BOTH parties should keep this in mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I, along with most members, am a bit shocked by this announcement.

Regardless of the reasons for your resignations, thanks for your service at the North Melbourne Football Club.

Well said KC. :thumbsu:

We've been truly blessed to have him at the helm for the past few years. We're all in shock, but the club is bigger than any individual. I reckon even he'd say that himself.

I really hope to see the great man Euge up in the stands with his family at future North games.

Thanks for your tireless efforts Euge. You have our full RESPECT!

Euge was a gun CEO. Plain and Simple. He did great things at the NMFC. As a Collingwood man he came to our club and embraced the Shinboner Spirit. He understood us. Our culture. Our fight. He embraced these qualities. He became one off us. I am sad to see him go. :sad looking basketball head sort of a dude

Never met a CEO more approachable than Eugene with so many good qualities gave me great hope and confidence in the future of our club. Undoubtedly you'll turn up at some other club having so much knowledge and know how not to be wasted sitting around. I wont wish you good luck as luck is only needed when you have no skills so only good health i will wish for you and your family. Lastly your help with raising funds for a my charities was truly appreciated. So again i say Thank you.

Thanks heaps Euge, I respect your passion and terrific efforts in keeping us afloat and in Melbourne. In my modest unscrotumed opinion you were the best thing to happen to North this Century.

Now that you won't be suited up with committments pre/post match you can let your fellow Ailse 38er's buy you a beer in thanks.

Thanks Eugene, great to have had you on board and sad to see you go. Best wishes for you and your family in the future. You will always hold a positive place in the history of the NMFC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back