Remove this Banner Ad

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not happy with eddie !
says they will wear the alternate strip for this year,but not going forward.

Also stated that he found it abhorrent that Eddie is using the threat of Collingwoods continued support for NMFC to continue to get the AFL money as a big stick to get what Collingwood want

Jeez he speaks well our boy !..Doesnt get pushed round

Actually, I think Eugene and JB dropped the ball on this one... you soemtimes get handed small issues that allow you to stamp your mark, and they let this go. They refused to be the AFL's bully-boy on relocation, yet this tiny thing they back down on.

I'm aware of picking your battles... however, when you are in North's position, you fight EVERY battle.

Actually, I think Eugene and JB dropped the ball on this one... you soemtimes get handed small issues that allow you to stamp your mark, and they let this go. They refused to be the AFL's bully-boy on relocation, yet this tiny thing they back down on.

I'm aware of picking your battles... however, when you are in North's position, you fight EVERY battle.

yeah maybe.But hard to argue with a 100k fine. Personally it was more the threats that Eddie made that i find disconcerting

Be interesting to see what JB says.They're trying to get He & Eddie back on to respond to what Eugene said

Nor should he be, Eddy's virtually patting us on our head saying we will continue to help the poor battlers such as North Melb get extra financial support from the AFL as long as North continue to play in their clash strip against the pies. Then he wonders why people think Collingwood are arrogant.

He also virtually threatened North by saying if North don't continue to ware their clash strip against the Pies then Collingwood will put in as one of their 5 request, regarding the draw, that they will not want to play North Melb as one of their away matches in Melbourne.

Nor should he be, Eddy's virtually patting us on our head saying we will continue to help the poor battlers such as North Melb get extra financial support from the AFL as long as North continue to play in their clash strip against the pies. Then he wonders why people think Collingwood are arrogant.

He also virtually threatened North by saying if North don't continue to ware their clash strip against the Pies then Collingwood will put in as one of their 5 request, regarding the draw, that they will not want to play North Melb as one of their away matches in Melbourne.

yep he wants to have his cake and eat it too

something hes being doing a lot of judging by the weight hes put on:D

I heard all of this too and I love the street fighter in Roogene.

Eddie's being about as patronising as possible to our club, making thinly veiled threats as he did. His ego's been damaged by Eugene's departure and, when hurt, he comes out scrapping like an arrogant tool.

We cannot back down NOW, and having listened to Roogene, I finally belive we'll stand up and fight for OUR rights against the big schoolyard bully that is Eddie.

T'toes

The main thing that riled Eugene was Eddie saying North only had Collingwoods blessing to approach Eugene to fill our CEO position because of the agreement that North will always play in their clash strip when they play against Collingwood.

Arocca said that was just simply not true.

I have a feeling Eugene is quite glad that Eddie Mcquire is no longer his boss.

yeah maybe.But hard to argue with a 100k fine. Personally it was more the threats that Eddie made that i find disconcerting

Be interesting to see what JB says.They're trying to get He & Eddie back on to respond to what Eugene said

It's a lot easier to argue with a $100k fine when you are the home team, fighting for your divine right to wear your home guernsey.

The threat of a fine is bs, and the AFL knows it.

The main thing that riled Eugene was Eddie saying North only had Collingwoods blessing to approach Eugene to fill our CEO position because of the agreement that North will always play in their clash strip when they play against Collingwood.

Arocca said that was just simply not true.

I have a feeling Eugene is quite glad that Eddie Mcquire is no longer his boss.

McGuire has a history of making things like this up. Prior to them thumping us in Rd 3 2006 he claimed that there was an 'arrangement' between the clubs that North wear the clash strip and Collingwood 'support' us in 'allowing' us get the ASD.

We said ____ that and for the first time in ages wore our stripes against them.

Eddie. Eugene. Gloves off.

Sell tickets. We'd wipe the club debt.

And afterwards, Euge could go a couple of rounds with Andy D (contract law anyone?) and finish off with the recalcitrant shareholders.

Salivating.

It's a lot easier to argue with a $100k fine when you are the home team, fighting for your divine right to wear your home guernsey.

The threat of a fine is bs, and the AFL knows it.

I reckon JB and Roogene know this is a losing battle but I still think an apology from the AFL for clearly stuffing this up is warranted. Somebody should be hung out to dry for making the diabolically, criminally and clinically stupid decision to rubber stamp that patently unsuitable Collingwood clash strip.

The club should not roll over on this - Eddie has supported us publicly over the last few years but this is a bigger issue than the NMFC vs Collingwood. Its time the AFL showed they had the balls to enforce this issue. Every year there is a concession of some sort so when does it end?

I don't particularly blame Collingwood for wanting/doing everything possible to wear their traditional strip as I'd love for us to do the same.

The AFL with their rules for some clubs and not others are the true culprits in this fiasco, and I too believe that the 100k fine is all bluster.

The two finger salute is required. Wear the colours.

As far as Ed's arrogant attitude towards us goes, well...he's just showing his true colours; so should we.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie. Eugene. Gloves off.

Sell tickets. We'd wipe the club debt.

And afterwards, Euge could go a couple of rounds with Andy D (contract law anyone?) and finish off with the recalcitrant shareholders.

Salivating.

Luv it !

& how bout Malthouse and Laidley as the undercard ?..Both angry men..& you gotta love how the lightweights go in the ring

We've been wanting a spokesperson to show that we stand for something and now a couple of you are saying we should choose our battles? This issue is much more important than a disagreement over the jumper IMO.

Yeah, I agree that we've chopped and changed with our jumper and I haven't worried a bit about that but this is a very symbolic moment for our new administration.

We've been wanting a spokesperson to show that we stand for something and now a couple of you are saying we should choose our battles? This issue is much more important than a disagreement over the jumper IMO.

Yeah, I agree that we've chopped and changed with our jumper and I haven't worried a bit about that but this is a very symbolic moment for our new administration.
I think the jumper is important, but we flat out will not win this.

That said I reckon JB and Eugene are ____ing gems at preaching to the choir, one of the highlights of the season.

I think the jumper is important, but we flat out will not win this.

That said I reckon JB and Eugene are ____ing gems at preaching to the choir, one of the highlights of the season.

I can see were you are coming from, but this is not the time to compromise on our identity, whilst the vultures are circling.

We'll wind up in a clash strip this season, pure and simple.

Next year, unless we get a predominantly royal blue strip with perhaps thiner white stripes (take the current strip and effectively reverse), we'll still be wearing a clash strip.

I want to hear about the shares issue, the $1.2 million left on the contract, the ways we're encouraging supporters to show up, and what we're doing about the stadium deal - they're the battles I want us publicly smashing heads over.

JB effectively used TFS to pick a fight over the jumper, and it's a losing battle I don't see the point in getting up and about over - purely because (while I do love the stripes too) we're going to wind up in a clash strip.

Did anyone else hear Eddie's couple of minutes of free editorial on this at the end of the SEN coverage? How he was very angry with what James had to say on the footy show? How when James had asked if it was OK to approach Eugene over the CEO job, Eddie had said, sure, and while we're at it mate, let's sort out the jumper? How the Pies have always supported handouts to the struggling clubs, and in exchange they get the stripes? How James made it sound like Eddie was in cahoots with the AFL, and that is just not true? And how he wants to sit down with James and Eugene and work this out, once and for all?

Nearly lost my voice all over again, shouting at the radio.

Did anyone else hear Eddie's couple of minutes of free editorial on this at the end of the SEN coverage? How he was very angry with what James had to say on the footy show? How when James had asked if it was OK to approach Eugene over the CEO job, Eddie had said, sure, and while we're at it mate, let's sort out the jumper? How the Pies have always supported handouts to the struggling clubs, and in exchange they get the stripes? How James made it sound like Eddie was in cahoots with the AFL, and that is just not true? And how he wants to sit down with James and Eugene and work this out, once and for all?

Yeah I caught it.

The gist was 'here, have the precious gift of Eugene, but we get to wear the stripes, you wear whatever confused strip the boffins at the Reebok marketing department come up with'.

It was bizarre, he'll make and excellent politician one day will Eddie.

I was in Sydney and missed the footy show but heard Eddie's sanctimonious crap tonight. According to Eddie we should all get down on our knees and kiss his butt for being so kind to the NMFC. Sorry Eddie - I didn't realise how generous you had been and now I feel guilty that I hadn't thanked you properly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back