Science/Environment Eugenics

Remove this Banner Ad

They could finally create the communist utopia every lefty has been hoping for by weeding out certain personality traits and behaviours. Imagine a super intelligent, low calorie consuming, low aggression populace.
They'd need to be very, very careful with weeding out aggression, it's a primary driver for most human activity. Playing with that might mean separating humanity into castes in order to fill various roles.

The msg in Gattaca was saying the exact opposite
I thought MSG was banned?
In any case if Genomics could save us from humans like Abbott and Dutton being born then all good I say.

Sort of has happened with humans - ruling castes in almost all cultures have always made sure not to "pollute" their bloodline with lesser castes. Obviously not as well honed as domesticated animals, but the principle is the same.

Actually isn't it the opposite. The ruling castes "mingled" with the lower classes thereby creating a more sophisticated and intelligent middle class. Thank god the Windsors didn't ruin their bloodline by breeding with the lower castes.. Why would you when your cousins are so attractive.

In the early stages of pregnancy my wife had a test to check if the baby had down syndrome. Isn't this a form of eugenics?

I thought MSG was banned?
In any case if Genomics could save us from humans like Abbott and Dutton being born then all good I say.
Well, there we have it really.
While all the conservative types are wondering what benefit Eugenics could have for humanity, if properly managed, all the other mob want to do is figure out new ways to dispose of their political rivals.

Another reason the "Hypocrisy of the Left" thread is so very, very popular.

Well, there we have it really.
While all the conservative types are wondering what benefit Eugenics could have for humanity, if properly managed, all the other mob want to do is figure out new ways to dispose of their political rivals.

Another reason the "Hypocrisy of the Left" thread is so very, very popular.
Progressives were always the biggest eugenicists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back