Remove this Banner Ad

CwXFnQ7XAAcix2r.jpg

sorry if covered already.... listened to talksport this morning where some man utd fans called in to say they (themselves and the club) dont care about europa league.

this is something i myself have heard from regular champs leagues participants, to mock clubs playing in the europa. is it arrogance (because "we're not used to this") in the same mould as hawthorn fans this year after losing to the dogs, or is it a defense mechanism?

sorry if covered already.... listened to talksport this morning where some man utd fans called in to say they (themselves and the club) dont care about europa league.

this is something i myself have heard from regular champs leagues participants, to mock clubs playing in the europa. is it arrogance (because "we're not used to this") in the same mould as hawthorn fans this year after losing to the dogs, or is it a defense mechanism?

Its a defense mechanism. EL is a coveted trophy these days. Very difficult to win it too, just look at the teams we played getting to the final. It's much more important than either of the domestic cups.

If the club didn't care about the Europa league they wouldn't be playing their first team players in it. Every EL game so far United have played a close to first choice XI, they clearly want to win games and anyone using that excuse is doing so as a response to the results.

Mou himself has said he'd be embarrassed to be part of the Europa League.

Its a defense mechanism. EL is a coveted trophy these days. Very difficult to win it too, just look at the teams we played getting to the final. It's much more important than either of the domestic cups.

If the club didn't care about the Europa league they wouldn't be playing their first team players in it. Every EL game so far United have played a close to first choice XI, they clearly want to win games and anyone using that excuse is doing so as a response to the results.

thanks for the replies.

i guess similarly i went to a hawks-cats reg season game during their epic rivalry a few years ago. went with mates from both teams. after the game, someone one, and both said to each other "result doesnt matter, what happens in the finals is what counts".

my response - if it didnt matter, why bother showing up, why bother barracking and complaining during the game

If people watched the games United have been playing pretty good football

And everyone knows that it will click soon enough so everyone is getting in early.

but there's a chance that it wont still right? ;)

as a mad utd fan do you care about europa?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most united fans dgaf about Europa and would rather we play the Reserves. Let the first teamers rest for the league games, etc.

Aside from United, any surprises being thrown up?

I guess Inter seriously struggling would be one, although they still have a small opportunity to pull things out of the fire if they win both of their remaining matches.

Happy to see my two teams, Fiorentina and Saint-Etienne going nicely. :)

It's a European trophy that is probably more realistic for most clubs to achieve than the Champions League, which is pretty much a raffle between 5 clubs while the rest are just making up the numbers. Not that it will be happening this season, but if Arsenal found themselves in Europa, I would defiantly want them to be trying to win it.

How many league games are played per year?

Do you even know Bigfooty... apparently a loss on Sunday (our first) which'd see us 6pts off the top is a tell tale sign we are ****ed.

Let's see in April at the earliest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back