It's not about how many losses. It's about the end result
They are really linked though. Lose too many and you don't achieve what you want to.
I'd say he's only partly responsible for last season, the way some players let him down was deplorable. Hazard in particular is now cheered as if nothing happened, as if he hadn't downed tools for months on end.

That said his results at United so far aren't up to standard atm, despite calls that you are playing a better brand of football.
So how long would this status quo have to continue before there's a realisation that something isn't quite right. Not saying sack him btw.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
They are really linked though. Lose too many and you don't achieve what you want to.
I'd say he's only partly responsible for last season, the way some players let him down was deplorable. Hazard in particular is now cheered as if nothing happened, as if he hadn't downed tools for months on end.

That said his results at United so far aren't up to standard atm, despite calls that you are playing a better brand of football.
So how long would this status quo have to continue before there's a realisation that something isn't quite right. Not saying sack him btw.
It'll be tolerated until UCL qualification is mathematically impossible. That's the Woodward way.

A few respected United insiders have said that the player turnover in January will be unprecedented. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
It'll be tolerated until UCL qualification is mathematically impossible. That's the Woodward way.

A few respected United insiders have said that the player turnover in January will be unprecedented. Will be interesting to see what happens.
Who do you see leaving?

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Who do you see leaving?
Hard to say. I'd guess that Basti, Morgs, Rooney, Jones, Mike/Blind, Valencia, Fellaini, Darmian and Depay could all be in the gun.

No idea who the targets are apart from the often mentioned fabinho and Griezmann. Another CM and another CB for sure tho

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Whats happened to Smalling?
He's been good. Just had an absolute mare against your mob unfortunately. Mou is quick to judge and it's hard to change his mind on a player. Could also recall Pereira from loan at Granada. Andreas has been promised first team football next year by Mou. Chance that Mou could give him a chance to impress early.

So wait didnt Mou just spend near on 200 million. Yet that's not enough so now in January he just needs to spend more and more and more money??
I've actually heard someone say that this isn't his squad.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
He's been good. Just had an absolute mare against your mob unfortunately. Mou is quick to judge and it's hard to change his mind on a player. Could also recall Pereira from loan at Granada. Andreas has been promised first team football next year by Mou. Chance that Mou could give him a chance to impress early.

Yep, once Mou doesnt like a player hes pretty much dead to him.

Not sure January is the best time to be turning over a squad, all the best players are pretty untouchable and panic buys are very expensive.

Some talk he wants to turn over up to 8 players.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Yep, once Mou doesnt like a player hes pretty much dead to him.

Not sure January is the best time to be turning over a squad, all the best players are pretty untouchable and panic buys are very expensive.

Some talk he wants to turn over up to 8 players.
Think Ducker from the times said that. They don't usually print much rubbish.

Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

I think many of us have had this realisation already tbh. The press are rolling out the "lolmou" angle because Jose is a villain and it sells papers but I think the players are the issue and that if we ditch Mourinho at the end of the season then whoever follows him will just have the same issues. It seems as though something toxic started in Moyes' time and then really set in during LVG's reign and we're only just now starting to wisen up to how sour things have truly become behind the scenes.

We need to back Mourinho in to gut this team of the toxic personalities and players who never settled so that he can rebuild it in his image IMO. It's the only way I can see us moving forward from the mess we've been in since Fergie left.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I think many of us have had this realisation already tbh. The press are rolling out the "lolmou" angle because Jose is a villain and it sells papers but I think the players are the issue and that if we ditch Mourinho at the end of the season then whoever follows him will just have the same issues. It seems as though something toxic started in Moyes' time and then really set in during LVG's reign and we're only just now starting to wisen up to how sour things have truly become behind the scenes.

We need to back Mourinho in to gut this team of the toxic personalities and players who never settled so that he can rebuild it in his image IMO. It's the only way I can see us moving forward from the mess we've been in since Fergie left.
But Mou's MO is to spend * tons of money and win trophies. He does it everywhere he goes. He arrived at United, spent * tons of money but this time it's not working. I dont think throwing more money at the problem is going to fix it.

Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
But Mou's MO is to spend **** tons of money and win trophies. He does it everywhere he goes. He arrived at United, spent **** tons of money but this time it's not working. I dont think throwing more money at the problem is going to fix it.

Usually when he takes a job this isn't a quick process though and it isn't until the second season that he's able to make the necessary changes to build a team in his image. That's beside the point though as the issue isn't one of us needing to throw cash at recruiting better players, it's about needing to remove certain personalities from the dressing room and replacing them with ones who are willing to work hard to take this club forward.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Usually when he takes a job this isn't a quick process though and it isn't until the second season that he's able to make the necessary changes to build a team in his image. That's beside the point though as the issue isn't one of us needing to throw cash at recruiting better players, it's about needing to remove certain personalities from the dressing room and replacing them with ones who are willing to work hard to take this club forward.

Problem though is he needs to turn a lot of players over every season.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I dont buy that. It's always instant success. Even if Mou doesnt win the title, his teams usually go very well. United are not going very well.

Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I dont buy that. It's always instant success.

No it isn't. He's always speaking about how the second season with him is when his teams really start to hit their stride. He said this plenty of times before we'd even started competitive fixtures this season and he said it plenty of times in his last Chelsea stint too. He likes a full season to really get to know the strengths and weaknesses of his team and work out how he can take them forward and this is something that has been spoken about by a number of players who have worked with him in the past.

Back