Remove this Banner Ad

many pundits have come out and had a go at Alli just as much as anyone for a disgusting tackle

it's the first red card of his career, if it does become a regular thing then you'd hope they're just as hard on him as they are on regular foreign hacks like Xhaka who have multiple red cards a season

Let's see. Alli is no Adam or <insert Burnley player>, but criticism of these types seems non-existent.

Not as safe as Alli. He's just not that type of lad, you see?

If he was that type then I suppose he gets plenty of reds for tackles like that.

Let's see. Alli is no Adam or <insert Burnley player>, but criticism of these types seems non-existent.
the comments i've read are that it was disgusting and could have ended the blokes career

if thats going easy on a kid who got sent off for the first time then i'd hate to see them go after someone

Good version of it:

Oh and: Shocked to be sent off.

2300.jpg

I don't think he's trying to be tough, he's just a petulant little s**t when things don't go his way.
A lot of footballers are. The way they abuse refs in general is appalling imo

He would have been the one to actually see red if he had of played that Chelsea game

A lot of footballers are. The way they abuse refs in general is appalling imo

He would have been the one to actually see red if he had of played that Chelsea game
Not to the extent they deliberately try and hurt opposition players though.

Alli is going to end up in a lot of trouble if he doesn't sort that s**t out.

Not to the extent they deliberately try and hurt opposition players though.

Alli is going to end up in a lot of trouble if he doesn't sort that s**t out.
It's his first red card and 2nd offence if you count the jab to Yacob.

Not the worst record at this stage of his career. But definitely needs to be managed in a careful way. Can't be completely dull and become less of a talent (there's a correlation between the bratiness and the arrogance he plays with) but he also can't be getting a ban per season

not sure anyone has said we didnt try

we weren't good enough in the first leg with just 1 poor selection on Poch's behalf. Poch wasn't good enough in handling team selections in the group stage. there's no spurs fan who can actually say we didnt take it seriously

Here's one: ;)

That'd be fine if I merely meant this tie and this tie only. I didn't, under Poch we don't take Europe seriously, find one Spurs fan that disagrees with that.

Sending a reserved side to Dortmund was a disgrace as was resting players for must win CL matches. Resting Vertonghen and Walker (with Alderweireld injured mind you) for Chelsea in Matchday 5 when we had to win comes to mind. This isn't about today as I thought the team/formation was right this morning but more broadly we've shown over multiple seasons we don't take it seriously and it's bloody annoying.

If you want to play weakened teams at times well Pochy buy some decent bench players. Again, nothing to do with today.

So yeah I'm already looking forward to S.S.D.D next CL/EL campaign.

But anyway I do agree that the selection was odd. Spurs have a strong enough squad to challenge on dual fronts. The selection for Dortmund last year was absolutely bizarre, so deep in the competition with a genuine chance of a major European trophy.

I for one think the Europa league gets a bad rap. Obviously not as prestigious as the CL, but still some major silverware up for grabs. I'd actually prefer Arsenal to get bundled out at the group stage and then have a run at the Europa, rather than continuing to be trounced at the round of 16.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back