Remove this Banner Ad

If Spurs don't win the league title, especially after the awful seasons by Leicester City and Arsenal who finished 1st and 2nd last season, I don't see any reason why Mauricio Pochettino should keep his job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What does that have to do with anything? Spurs did tremendously.

Oh, dear. It's you again. :(

I am no longer going to explain sarcasm to you.

"No longer"? You're the one seemingly unable to comprehend other people's points. But that's ok.

If United don't make CL next year with their outlay, and their dreadful home form, I do agree that Mourinho would be on thin ice, regardless of Spurs' ability last year.

"No longer"? You're the one seemingly unable to comprehend other people's points. But that's ok.

If United don't make CL next year with their outlay, and their dreadful home form, I do agree that Mourinho would be on thin ice, regardless of Spurs' ability last year.

Or Spurs' abilities this year.

It's not my problem that you're one of many people holding Spurs to a lower standard than teams such as United and City. Come the end of this season and they will have finished 2nd in the league, finished 3rd in a CL group and bundled out of Europe by a team they should've beaten and they might not win the FA Cup either. Tottenham's tremendous season could end up being a repeat of last season, with one small caveat, Gent are a little bit behind Borussia Dortmund. Yeah, they can't spend as much money as everyone else, neither could Leicester. There comes a time when ability should trump money.

Yes, I fully expect Mou to be sacked after one season if we miss Champs Lge.

/sarcasm

Unless you dramatically improve next year I don't know if he'll see out the season.

Or Spurs' abilities this year.

It's not my problem that you're one of many people holding Spurs to a lower standard than teams such as United and City. Come the end of this season and they will have finished 2nd in the league, finished 3rd in a CL group and bundled out of Europe by a team they should've beaten and they might not win the FA Cup either. Tottenham's tremendous season could end up being a repeat of last season, with one small caveat, Gent are a little bit behind Borussia Dortmund. Yeah, they can't spend as much money as everyone else, neither could Leicester. There comes a time when ability should trump money.

You mean the team with the net outlay lower than many promoted clubs? Perhaps people are holding City and United to the standard that their spending should allow them to compete at. Revolutionary concept that that is. Money should buy ability, and if it isn't doing that then criticism will be appropriately levelled at the club wasting money.

You mean the team with the net outlay lower than many promoted clubs? Perhaps people are holding City and United to the standard that their spending should allow them to compete at. Revolutionary concept that that is. Money should buy ability, and if it isn't doing that then criticism will be appropriately levelled at the club wasting money.

It was never a waste of money. We bought 3 players (Bailly, Mkhitaryan and Pogba) who will be in our best XI for the next several years. Those 3 players and the free transfer of Zlatan wasn't a league title guarantee, when other areas of the squad are a complete mess. This might seem like an excuse but we were always hoping to be better in Mourinho's second season. This was never a discussion to have at this stage, no matter how much money Pogba cost.

It was never a waste of money. We bought 3 players (Bailly, Mkhitaryan and Pogba) who will be in our best XI for the next several years. Those 3 players and the free transfer of Zlatan wasn't a league title guarantee, when other areas of the squad are a complete mess. This might seem like an excuse but we were always hoping to be better in Mourinho's second season. This was never a discussion to have at this stage, no matter how much money Pogba cost.

So you don't think it would be a disappointment if you don't make top 4 or win europa?

So you don't think it would be a disappointment if you don't make top 4 or win europa?

Of course it would be disappointing. Both of them would be disappointing after we beat Chelsea a few days ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aspas is defn one of our best academy products. Just wasn't up to LFC standard at the time.

So let me get this straight. Iago Aspas, who was born in Moaña which is a mere 6km from Vigo, went to Celta's academy at 8, played for Celta's B side, played for Celta in the Segunda División and then La Liga after their promotion totalling over 300 games for the club is a Liverpool academy player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back