Remove this Banner Ad

It has nothing to do with value of squads. Stop hiding behind that.

If anything, the main offenders are the supporters of "big" tesms that belittle conpetitions like the league cup or Europa League because they consider themselves to important for such competitions.
Not a matter of considering ourselves too important for these comps but rather what priority they are. I would deadset guarantee you that if we were comfortably in the top 4 all season we would of thrown the Europa games months ago. It only became a priority once there was little chance of making the top 4. The clubs treat these lesser cups with contemp so it's only natural supporter do aswell

You just can't take them all seriously, maybe Chelsea, City and United but not the rest. We were stretched with all the competitions last season we probably disrespected the league itself. A few injuries to most clubs will expose some not up to it players just for the first team, let alone trying to rotate with multiple games. Think the league cup should be scrapped or finished before premier league teams start FA cup or that Christmas and Jan period is a killer.

I'm not really talking about strength of the teams being put out, although I do think clubs take the piss at times.

More the attitude supporters have towards to "minor comps" until they get in a position to sin one. Just annoys me.

So Wealstone. After all the Man Utd hatred you have produced this season it must really, really upset you that they have had a more successful season than your team.

Looking forward to seeing next seasons material.
Ive said before I never had a problem with Man Utd, stands to reason as they stopped Arsenal cleaning up in the early Wenger years. Some of their posters have been acting like twats though of late, so people have been firing back at them. Good luck to them winning two trophies. They still play dull, s**t football though

Ive said before I never had a problem with Man Utd, stands to reason as they stopped Arsenal cleaning up in the early Wenger years. Some of their posters have been acting like twats though of late, so people have been firing back at them. Good luck to them winning two trophies. They still play dull, s**t football though

Is it United fans acting like twats for no reason or United fans biting back at trolling, though? There's a big difference. Even you put something in your post fishing for a bite.

Trolling is saying United spent £150M and finished 6th without looking at the fact that yes, although we spent that amount on 4 players, those 4 players cant carry the team on Matchday when we have injuries to most of the squad. It's not like spending £90M on Paul Pogba helps us when Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Bailly and Shaw are missing throughout the season.

United aren't in the unique position that we don't feel injuries and contrary to the way people act on here, we can't also replenish our squad with new signings throughout the season.

Not a matter of considering ourselves too important for these comps but rather what priority they are. I would deadset guarantee you that if we were comfortably in the top 4 all season we would of thrown the Europa games months ago. It only became a priority once there was little chance of making the top 4. The clubs treat these lesser cups with contemp so it's only natural supporter do aswell

Kind of the opposite with Hull, Europa was treated with contempt, so the manager got treated with contempt for doing so.

Is it United fans acting like twats for no reason or United fans biting back at trolling, though? There's a big difference. Even you put something in your post fishing for a bite.

Trolling is saying United spent £150M and finished 6th without looking at the fact that yes, although we spent that amount on 4 players, those 4 players cant carry the team on Matchday when we have injuries to most of the squad. It's not like spending £90M on Paul Pogba helps us when Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Bailly and Shaw are missing throughout the season.

United aren't in the unique position that we don't feel injuries and contrary to the way people act on here, we can't also replenish our squad with new signings throughout the season.

Facts are you guys have the most expensive squad in European football history, other clubs have injuries with way less money invested in their squads and they did fine

Maybe if you guys spend another 200 mil in the squad then you'll be fine

Facts are you guys have the most expensive squad in European football history, other clubs have injuries with way less money invested in their squads and they did fine

I just looked up that bit of fact and transfermarkt.com showed me that the most expensive squad assembled just in the Premier League this season was the one Chelsea put out against Crystal Palace and they lost that game 2-1. But hey, they won the league title, so that's something. United can't possibly have the most expansive squad in European football history, when they weren't even that on Matchday 30.

Real Madrid would give every club a run for their money in the "most expensive team in football history" sweepstakes every year and they just won their 2nd league title in 9 seasons.

Do you actually think that if United spend that sort of money this summer on a new CB, a defensive midfielder, central midfielder and a forward to improve the existing holes in the starting XI, that we will finish around the same as this season? Of course we will be fine.

I just looked up that bit of fact and transfermarkt.com showed me that the most expensive squad assembled just in the Premier League this season was the one Chelsea put out against Crystal Palace and they lost that game 2-1. But hey, they won the league title, so that's something.

United can't possible have the most expansive squad in European football history, when they weren't even that on Matchday 30.

Real Madrid would give every club a run for their money in the "most expensive team in football history" sweepstakes every year and they just won their 2nd league title in 9 seasons.

Do you actually think that if United spend that sort of money this summer on a new CB, a defensive midfielder, central midfielder and a forward to improve the existing holes in the starting XI, that we will finish around the same as this season? Of course we will be fine.

No, it's not the most expensive selected squad in a given matchday, it's most expensive squad period. You have spent more than any other club for the past 5 years and here you are still moaning about injuries

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/03/manchester-united-squad-most-expensive-history

Do Real Madrid whinge about injuries and talk themselves down like they're the little horse though, I wonder. Mancs' mental gymnastics is quite something

Well seeing as you're the most expensive squad ever assembled, maybe another 200 mil and you can cope with a few injuries then, I assume? If you don't I wonder what the excuses would be this time next year

Actually I think City has spent just more than United have since 2012/13 season.

Not sure how that 5 year period has anything to do with injuries suffered this season, regardless May 1 our injury list was 18 players, not ideal. We've had a bad run of them since LVG took over.

Regardless the thing that killed us this season was the many draws we had at OT, if you go 25 odd games without losing by right you should be sitting top three.

Improve our home form and we'll give it a shake next season.

No, it's not the most expensive selected squad in a given matchday, it's most expensive squad period. You have spent more than any other club for the past 5 years and here you are still moaning about injuries

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/03/manchester-united-squad-most-expensive-history

Do Real Madrid whinge about injuries and talk themselves down like they're the little horse though, I wonder. Mancs' mental gymnastics is quite something

Well seeing as you're the most expensive squad ever assembled, maybe another 200 mil and you can cope with a few injuries then, I assume? If you don't I wonder what the excuses would be this time next year

Since you're positive that link isn't talking out of it's own arse, can you list all the United players currently who would have the squad at a cost of £600M? I am wondering if that number (and I am positive it does) include the cost of Di Maria, Schneiderlin and Depay.

Ronaldo, Bale and James cost £6M less than Pogba, Bailly, Mkhitaryan, Martial, Herrera and Shaw and at a cost of £235-241M. Not everything you read on the Internet is true.

I am amazed that you think if a club spends a large amount of money in a summer of spending, that injuries to 5-6 of their players at any given time won't affect them.

Edit: The article does mention wages are included in the final £600M number. Wayne Rooney's wages come to a £300,000 per week. That's the kind of article we're discussing? Well, then, carry on.

Last edited:
Since you're positive that link isn't talking out of it's own arse, can you list all the United players currently who would have the squad at a cost of £600M? I am wondering if that number (and I am positive it does) include the cost of Di Maria, Schneiderlin and Depay.

Ronaldo, Bale and James cost £6M less than Pogba, Bailly, Mkhitaryan, Martial, Herrera and Shaw and at a cost of £235-241M. Not everything you read on the Internet is true.

I am amazed that you think if a club spends a large amount of money in a summer of spending, that injuries to 5-6 of their players at any given time won't affect them.

Edit: The article does mention wages are included in the final £600M number. Wayne Rooney's wages come to a £300,000 per week. That's the kind of article we're discussing? Well, then, carry on.

You guys are paying the likes of Lingard crazy wages way beyond his abilities, why be surprised at the figure when including wages?

The very point of spending in your squad is to cover for injuries, 5-6 players after spending insane amounts over the past 5 years and you're crying like it's unfair. Spurs have got more, we have got more, we got on with it just fine

Spend and spend and spend and still whinge about your squad not being deep enough, hilarious. The way Mancs talk about their squad I would've thought they're Everton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys are paying the likes of Lingard crazy wages way beyond his abilities, why be surprised at the figure when including wages?

The very point of spending in your squad is to cover for injuries, 5-6 players after spending insane amounts over the past 5 years and you're crying like it's unfair. Spurs have got more, we have got more, we got on with it just fine

Spend and spend and spend and still whinge about your squad not being deep enough, hilarious. The way Mancs talk about their squad I would've thought they're Everton

That first part was my error, I thought that was the cost of transfer fees. It didn't sound right. :p

I know it looks like I am complaining about all these injuries, but to put it a different way. I don't see our squad as being necessarily better than Chelsea and Spurs. I see those squads as more settled squads. I just think with the squad Mourinho inherited, the big test will come in his second season. We should be pushing for the title and there'll be no excuses if we don't.

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2016/159/en/
wp159_dk_en.png

Automatic champions league qualification, two trophies.

Well done United. Favourites pretty early on in the tournament I'd imagine and got it done. Pissing contests aside.

Still would like the rules tweaked so that there's no 3rd place drop outs from CL.
A pure competition between the sides deemed not good enough for CL football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back