Europa League 17/18

Remove this Banner Ad

How far they have fallen.

RB Salzburg to their credit aren't actually a bad side. Still s**t house from Dortmund but it's not like they lost to Plzen.

Atletico are very likely to be one of the teams in the final. Other team either Arsenal, Lazio or possibly RB Leipzig depending on how the draw pans out.

I'd have Marseille over Leipzig just because I think Thauvin and Payet can carry them past most teams left.

Milan did well not to lose their s***
Suso didn't appeal when he went down and got a yellow.
Xhaka gets a free kick seconds later for the same thing
Welbeck gets that penalty and Silva doesn't when Bellerin makes contact with him. Would have been soft to give the Silva one, but given Welbeck's.....

Donnarumma had a final 20m to forget.
All in all, Milan under Gattuso look a revived team.

I'm not completely au fait with the rules for being cup tied, so can anyone tell me if Dortmund being out now unlocks Auba going forward in the EL?

I'm not completely au fait with the rules for being cup tied, so can anyone tell me if Dortmund being out now unlocks Auba going forward in the EL?

No, he’s cup tied for the entire competition regardless of his former clubs status in the competition.

Reckon we'd beat Lazio, far from confident against Atleti.

Lazio are on a completely different level this season and guys like Immobile, Luis Alberto, SMS, Strakosha, Marusic, Lulic and De Vrij have all been amazing/world class. They're the only team I back to beat Atletico over 2 legs if it comes to it.

Was a bad decision and hurt the tie but we have to blame our performance in the 1st leg, Would've been nice to get to the sheds at 0-1 but that's football.

My issue now is that can't be the end of it, The ref needs to be held to account, That's too bad a decision to let go, The fact Welbeck was looking at the official as he was diving made it laughable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blatant dive and only heightens the need for in-game review systems like in the NFL. Even though it will hurt Welbeck needs to be retrospectively punished with a ban.

That being said, Arsenal surprisingly easily the best team over both legs and 5-1 on aggregate shows this. Really like Milan but their players just didn't show up.

Atletico, Lepzig and Lazio will still be favourites but if Arsenal play to their full potential can make the final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back