Europa League 17/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Blimey. Arse losing fielding their kids is a surprise but barely news worthy.
Everton getting dicked in the 2nd tier competition is embarrassing and flat out sad.

Good luck to the next man. Koeman’s ****** their squad.
To be fair they were only 2-1 down with under 5 minutes to go. Atalanta aren’t the worst side going around, they drew with Lyon away in this comp earlier and has held Juve to a 2-2 draw in the league.
I agree though that Everton have big problems

Seriously starting to think they could go down. Williams just may be the worst defender in the league

What is the ideal squad for Everton?

For me it's this

New Striker
Bolasie-Barkley-New Winger
Gueye-Davies
Baines-New CB-Keane-Coleman
Pickford

Bench (Fit 8 instead of 7): Robles, Mori, New LB to take Baines spot in future, Schneiderlin, Rooney, Lookman, Niasse, Cal-Lewin

3 players need to be bought and 4 players need to be fit.

I've already mentioned in another thread that Sakho and Zaha would be great options if Palace get relegated. As for the striker Niasse would be ok as a backup with Cal-Lewin as a development prospect but as club that should be qualifying for Europa League every year, The question I have is who would be available?

Calvert-Lewin is who should be starting as the striker. Bloke is going to be a jet. I agree with getting Zaha but I think if they want European football consistently then they need better than Bolasie. Sandro IMO can get to the level required, just needs more time.

Gibson from the s**t trucks on Pee Side would be a good partner for Keane in defence. As for LB, Everton should throw the kitchen sink at Ryan Sessegnon. Would be their LB for 15 years at a minimum.

Calvert-Lewin is who should be starting as the striker. Bloke is going to be a jet. I agree with getting Zaha but I think if they want European football consistently then they need better than Bolasie. Sandro IMO can get to the level required, just needs more time.

Gibson from the s**t trucks on Pee Side would be a good partner for Keane in defence. As for LB, Everton should throw the kitchen sink at Ryan Sessegnon. Would be their LB for 15 years at a minimum.
No doubt Calvert-Lewin will be good as he's showing some good signs already but I feel Everton need a very good striker as well to help throw them back in the top half while he develops. I've still got doubts about Sandro though I know he's only 22 but I just don't see much upside in him to be anything more than an ok backup. If he was outperforming Niasse I'd probs change my mind.

Bolasie did his knee

Tough on players like him with that sort of injury

Probably, they don't have Deulofeu anymore and Mirallas is like 30-31 now so more pace would be beneficial for them
Amazing how Deulofeu couldn't make the bench for Everton sometimes and is now playing for Barca.

Blimey. Arse losing fielding their kids is a surprise but barely news worthy.
Everton getting dicked in the 2nd tier competition is embarrassing and flat out sad.

Good luck to the next man. Koeman’s ****** their squad.
Too many old players in the squad for mine

Reminds me of when Fulham went down with the likes of old man Karagounis in midfield, while Hangeland couldn't carry them anymore.

Amazing how Deulofeu couldn't make the bench for Everton sometimes and is now playing for Barca.

That’s cos Koeman is a dumb campaigner, loans him out to AC Milan & he was a key player. Had everything we were lacking. Koeman doesn’t like young & inconsistent players, but unless they play regularly they can’t prove they can be consistent.

Just have to keep our heads above water until January & bring in a few players in he positions we need (eg, half the team) & we should be right. Can see us going for some loan deals of fringe players from other teams needing to play for a World Cup spot.

Proven goal scorer striker
Left back to support/replace Baines
Centre back so Williams can never play again
Right back as Martina needs to follow Ron & Coleman still an unknown, Kenny still young
Winger with pace & skill

5 for the first team at a minimum needed

My mate just asked this too lol. Who could have predicted that an u23s boss would be out of his depth.

Bit harsh on "Unsy" there. Don't forget that he once took over for one game after Martinez got sacked and guided them to a win over the already relegated Norwich. If that's not enough for him to get the job permanently then I don't know what is.

Seriously starting to think they could go down. Williams just may be the worst defender in the league
Honestly wondering the same thing. And it could well have the Leeds Utd effect: go down from the Championship after everyone abandons ship.

Honestly wondering the same thing. And it could well have the Leeds Utd effect: go down from the Championship after everyone abandons ship.

Leeds had issues because of their debt, Everton don't have that issue. They would easily bounce back up, but still don't think they would go down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back