Travel EUROPE: Travel Tips & Tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

go to any city in germany. its BYO fireworks. you've never seen anything like it. I was in hamburg 2016-17 and it was out of control. will probably be back this year, or Koln.

Make sure you find some good christmas markets. Hamburg, Nuremburg, Koln, Dresden, Leipzig and Stuttgart are all amazing. Nuremburg is meant to be the best

Sounds crazy. The only problem is I think I will be in Germany for Christmas and I don't think the people I'm traveling with will want to stay up until new years. Out of all those xmas markets which do you think is worth traveling around the world for? I always had Berlin in my mind for Christmas markets?

Sounds crazy. The only problem is I think I will be in Germany for Christmas and I don't think the people I'm traveling with will want to stay up until new years. Out of all those xmas markets which do you think is worth traveling around the world for? I always had Berlin in my mind for Christmas markets?

I always like the smaller cities - it feels more genuine and less touristy.

Which cities/part of Germany are you most likely to go? If you’re in Berlin, go to Dresden or Leipzig instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always like the smaller cities - it feels more genuine and less touristy.

Which cities/part of Germany are you most likely to go? If you’re in Berlin, go to Dresden or Leipzig instead

It's looking like we will be in Berlin and Hamburg for a week over Xmas but it's open to negotiations. Would a day trip out to Leipzig from Berlin be possible just to check out the markets? Or do you need more than 1 day

Heading over for Xmas/New years this year. Never been at this time of year but I know it'll be cold. Any recommendations for cities to visit in winter? Early stages so pretty much any city suggestions welcomed. Only place booked in so far is Rotterdam to see friends.

As others have said Germany is top notch for Christmas markets. Germany asides check out Budapest for a non German Christmas market. Also consider southern Spain for a bit if you want a few days of warmer weather.

Planning 7 days in Croatia. Will spend about 4 days in split. Need ideas of where to spend the next 3 days.

Planning 7 days in Croatia. Will spend about 4 days in split. Need ideas of where to spend the next 3 days.
Split is nice but it's small.

What are you going to do there for 4 days?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to Germany and Austria over Christmas.

Spending a week in St Anton snowboarding.

Going to have a 1 year old and wife in tow.

We’ve both been to Europe a few times now, looking for hidden European winter gems to spend 2 or so weeks in that I might not of thought of.

I spent about 3 weeks there in July.

The islands are absolutely the best. Limit your time in Split and Dubrovnik and try to spend more time on the islands.

Hvar is much more than just the little town, some of the best beaches in the world are a motorbike ride away on the other sides of the island and the wine (im a big wine fan) are as good as Aus, French and Tuscan reds, Tomic winery on the other side is worth a look.

We’ve both been to Europe a few times now, looking for hidden European winter gems to spend 2 or so weeks in that I might not of thought of.
Highly recommend Salzburg

I spent about 3 weeks there in July.

The islands are absolutely the best. Limit your time in Split and Dubrovnik and try to spend more time on the islands.

Hvar is much more than just the little town, some of the best beaches in the world are a motorbike ride away on the other sides of the island and the wine (im a big wine fan) are as good as Aus, French and Tuscan reds, Tomic winery on the other side is worth a look.

Cheers i intend on spending 4 days or so in Hvar or Brac. Just wanted to stay in split so i could do a day trip or 2 to plevice lakes and Mostar.

Cheers i intend on spending 4 days or so in Hvar or Brac. Just wanted to stay in split so i could do a day trip or 2 to plevice lakes and Mostar.

Mostar isn't great for day trips.

Customs getting in can take a hell of a long time with the bus' etc going out there.

You can easily waste half a day doing it.

Mostar isn't great for day trips.

Customs getting in can take a hell of a long time with the bus' etc going out there.

You can easily waste half a day doing it.

Damn. Of the menu then any other day trip from split you would recommend?

Damn. Of the menu then any other day trip from split you would recommend?

Do the blue grotto tours around Vis and Bisevo islands, they were amazing, highlight of Croatia. PRivate boats leave out of Hvar.

If I was you, id stay 1 or 2 nights in split, work your way down the islands, Hvar, Miljet, Corchula, Corchula is nice, but an older demographic with the cruise ships that go there.

Then onto Dubrovnik, fly out of there.

Dubrovnik is busy, but a beautiful town, definitely worth seeing,.

Where will you be based in Germany? I’m moving back there in 3 weeks

Heading to Krakow, Prague, Munich/Leipzig & Amsterdam over Christmas. Which of these places has the best chance of snow?

Munich mainly because its closer to the Alps than any of the other cities. But its really pot luck if it snows or not on your trip. I spent two months over Christmas 3 years ago in Europe and on had snow twice, if I went this year I would of had it the whole time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back