Travel EUROPE: Travel Tips & Tricks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King Elvis

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
nice one. Always good when you can work abroad. Apart from the shitty weather I haven't regretted a thing moving here!
Mate, I wanted to live in Europe since I was about 23, never thought I'd get the opportunity.

I love and miss home - but I am absolutely loving being here; it's bloody awesome, and so completely different.

If you roll over to Warsaw, let me know!

PepeSilvia

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Schadenfreude, Heat
Heading to Europe in April with my girlfriend and spending three nights in each of:
  • Warsaw
  • Vilnius
  • Riga – hiring a car and heading to Jūrkalne (a tiny coastal town with ancestral links) and might check out Ventspils if we have time
  • Tallinn – with a day-trip by ferry to Helsinki
  • Saint Petersburg.
We loved 'free' walking tours when we were in Europe in 2016/17, so we'll do as many of those as possible. Otherwise, if anyone has any tips or recommendations, they'd be greatly appreciated.

PepeSilvia

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Schadenfreude, Heat
If you only have 3 days in Poland, skip Warsaw and go to Krakow.

Warsaw is a great city to live in, but it wouldn’t be in my top 5 Polish cities for tourist visit.
Have already been to Kraków on our last trip to Europe (precisely because we didn't have long to spend in Poland and everyone seems to recommend it ahead of Warsaw).

King Elvis

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have already been to Kraków on our last trip to Europe (precisely because we didn't have long to spend in Poland and everyone seems to recommend it ahead of Warsaw).
Then I'd go Wroclaw or Gdansk mate.

Torun is amazing too, and Malbork is near it.

If you're set on Warsaw, I'd try and spend a night in Poznan as well; beautiful place.

As I said, Warsaw is a great place to live, and very cool city, but it was destroyed during WWII, so it isn't as authentic or interesting as the old towns.

Top Bottom