Stronzo

Premium Platinum
Mar 6, 2007
Florence
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Exers
Anyone ever spent like six weeks in the UK? With just short-term, like three day Ryanair trips to the continent?

Ie based yourself in a certain city and got like two weeks of accommodation or whatever?

Was it cheaper? Was it boring?
If you’re only going for 6 weeks why bounce back and forth from the U.K.? Just travel the continent at your leisure.
So Cash or card in Europe? (popular tourist locations I’m heading to include Barcelona, Santorini, Athens, dubrovnik, kotor, messina, Naples, barecelona, Paris)

I have a skye MasterCard so planning to use anywhere for purchasing in local currencies where MasterCard is accepted - card has no foreign or conversion fees. Assuming can make most if not all purchases this way

If I carry cash for smaller purchases transport, markets, smaller shops without eftpos or card facilities I would use a money belt under my clothing to avoid pick pockets or missus day bag being knocked off

Thoughts/suggestions to the above?

Also what is Best travel adapter to use on a cruise ship us and uk ?

Cheers
ING everyday card 👍👍👍
All good heading to Ischia👌
I’m going there in July, please let me know how you get on.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
Suspended
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
If you’re only going for 6 weeks why bounce back and forth from the U.K.? Just travel the continent at your leisure.
I was considering getting an airbnb for a month or something, that way it's cheaper, and I won't feel too bad about leaving the place there by itself for 2-3 days on the continent. Might just be easier to start in the UK then spend the last two weeks going to three or four cities in Europe.

wadistance

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics

ING everyday card

I’m going there in July, please let me know how you get on.
Spot the barefoot investor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Cox 88

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AC Milan, Chelsea
Eastern Block very underrated. Gets a lot more traffic now. The Balkans (other than peak Croatia), Budapest, Prague and Krakow are stunning places which are friendly welcoming and culturally unique. Turkish South Coast is still a quieter version of Sail Croatia and is even more stunning and the food is amazing. A month in Turkey and the Greek Islands are some of my fondest travel memories.

darcytiger

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
On the train now to Budapest. Have just spent 3 nights in Prague (my second time there now) and 2 nights in Mikulov and surrounding wine country. Look up Mikulov and Valtice if you haven’t heard about them and give them a look. Absolutely loved it, hired bikes and rode around the towns from vineyard to vineyard. Very close to
Vienna too. A great option to get slightly off the well worn track and away from the crowds.

Any Budapest tips welcome!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deliverance

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
On the train now to Budapest. Have just spent 3 nights in Prague (my second time there now) and 2 nights in Mikulov and surrounding wine country. Look up Mikulov and Valtice if you haven’t heard about them and give them a look. Absolutely loved it, hired bikes and rode around the towns from vineyard to vineyard. Very close to
Vienna too. A great option to get slightly off the well worn track and away from the crowds.

Any Budapest tips welcome!
Church in the cave is worth a look.

Top Bottom