European Super League/Expanded Champions League Format Discussion

Would you favour the idea of a New European super league as reported?

• Yes

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • No

Votes: 139 82.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 12 7.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly think a two or even three year ban from the CL would be a good punishment.

Sure Bayern would just win the European Cup 2-3 years in a row but it would massively hurt the big clubs financially and players would leave. That would hurt the clubs the most.
That's called cutting off your nose to spite your face

Banning the pretty much all of biggest clubs in Europe for multiple years would massively devalue the UCL and result in UEFA having to renegotiate broadcast and sponsorship deals

I honestly think a two or even three year ban from the CL would be a good punishment.

Sure Bayern would just win the European Cup 2-3 years in a row but it would massively hurt the big clubs financially and players would leave. That would hurt the clubs the most.
This would actually give the clubs a reason to set up the ESL.

Weren't Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal all significant in the planning of the ESL too? They seem kinda lucky to be in the same situation as the other clubs that had less involvement.

But I guess that's what happens when you issue a public mea culpa, as opposed to RM and Juve's presidents (and Barca's Laporte to a lesser extent) still insisting that ESL will be/needs to be a thing

Weren't Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal all significant in the planning of the ESL too? They seem kinda lucky to be in the same situation as the other clubs that had less involvement.

But I guess that's what happens when you issue a public mea culpa, as opposed to RM and Juve's presidents (and Barca's Laporte to a lesser extent) still insisting that ESL will be/needs to be a thing

They all had equal involvement. Yes, even Chelsea and City.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

488954.gif

I'll be surprised if Madrid, June and Barca end up with anything more than a fine as well. Maybe a bit bigger percentage.

In the next month or so they'll have to indicate if they want to play in next year's champions league. The rhetoric suggests maybe they don't.

Translation: The FIFA President really does hate the ESL project but we are going to leak a story that he encouraged the ESL project so football supporters forget about potential Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus sanctions.
Don't think Phillipe Auclair would fall for that.

Back