European Super League/Expanded Champions League Format Discussion

Would you favour the idea of a New European super league as reported?

• Yes

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • No

Votes: 139 82.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 12 7.1%

• Total voters
Hardly disincentives the party being punished from re-offending though.
I'd imagine clubs will have to sign agreements prohibiting the same sort of thing happening again as part of the settlement.

Still believe all ESL clubs should start on -10 points.

Yes and we all think that you're wonderful for believing that but anyone saying it knows damn well it ain't gonna happen.

All fines to grassroots, combating racism and homophobia and fixing VAR. The idea that it should go to the other clubs is laughable.

For me the league is in a pretty weak position. No-one withdrew or showed an intent to withdraw from the league, or tried to change the structure of the league. Very little reputational damage was done.

If they get a few million in fines, a bit more balance in the influence of club officials (I think all officials involved had to resign their positions on committees) and a bit more clarity in the rules they've done well.

If anyone was going to go nuclear with punishments it would have to have been UEFA.

£22m (between the six) fine according to the Daily Mail.

They agree to each pay a £20m fine and get 30 points deducted if they try it again.

You're joking. 3m each? That's pocket change.

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
The biggest punishment they can give is putting in place systems to stop the owners trying it again and this is at least a start of that. Hopefully some further changes are still to come.

In this current climate 22 million can do a hell of a lot to help grassroots football which is apparently where the money is going.

Back