European Super League/Expanded Champions League Format Discussion

Would you favour the idea of a New European super league as reported?

• Yes

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • No

Votes: 139 82.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 12 7.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Essentially a court has backed the ESL clubs and revoked disciplinary proceedings undertaken by UEFA against the 12 clubs. Says nothing about those clubs paying fees to the ESL itself though which is another matter entirely.

Yep.

The court appeal win for the super league clubs is still pointless as the competition cannot go ahead without approval from the football associations of the countries where the club is based.

Barca/Juve/RM are more likely to use ESL threats as a negotiating tactic with UEFA.

I full expect Barcelona to sue UEFA and magically come out of it debt free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Football is getting out of control.

This only benefits UEFA's pockets.
When I said I wouldn’t want an owner like Chelsea’s et al you said you would at Arsenal as it is all about winning.

Not much difference between that and this. Money, greed and corruption ruining the sport.

Revolting format. Group currently still has some interest as a couple of surprise results and can an underdog progress and giants challenged to qualify. More games equals less random error for the big teams to miss out.

Revolting format. Group currently still has some interest as a couple of surprise results and can an underdog progress and giants challenged to qualify. More games equals less random error for the big teams to miss out.
There’s the reason. These big clubs or UEFA can’t afford to let the gravy train end.

Back