EUROVISION Song Contest - 11/13/15 MAY 2022 (LIVE); 13/14/15 MAY 2022 (PRIMETIME)

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the spoilers necessary? I mean, you are quite stupid to read a thread about Eurovision if you don't want to find out the results. You deserve to be spoiled.

Just a bad Eurovision. I don't really like the winner but I think it will make a good trend song and we will hopefully get a wacky Eurovision next year. But I really didn't like any song. Didn't even bother to vote. Just watched the votes come in. The Czech was alright but not really my thing.

I just hope politics don't ruin Israels hosting of the event. not great odds of that not happening. I just hope the songs will be good and be a bit more upbeat

ps. harsh on Jess coming last in the televoting. Damn Europe hates us. It wasn't that bad

Last edited:
Just a bad Eurovision. I don't really like the winner but I think it will make a trend song and we will hopefully get a wacky Eurovision next year. But I really didn't like any song.
Agreed. I thought it was a weak year and none of the songs were all that good - certainly not the pre-finale favourites of Israel, Cyprus and Ireland

I just hope politics don't ruin Israels hosting of the event. not great odds of that not happening. I just hope the songs will be good and be a bit more upbeat
As I said a couple of posts up, I think its fairly likely at least one country or act boycotts because of Israel's actions in Gaza/West Bank.

If the BDS movement can get world renowned musical acts to cancel tours to Israel, I think they've got a chance of convincing some artists known only in their own country from participating

Are the spoilers necessary? I mean, you are quite stupid to read a thread about Eurovision if you don't want to find out the results. You deserve to be spoiled.

Just a bad Eurovision. I don't really like the winner but I think it will make a good trend song and we will hopefully get a wacky Eurovision next year. But I really didn't like any song. Didn't even bother to vote. Just watched the votes come in. The Czech was alright but not really my thing.

ps. harsh on Jess coming last in the televoting. Damn Europe hates us. It wasn't that bad

I agree, I dont see the point in the spoilers lol It's all over the internet, media and Eurovision is over.

Anyway, overall it was a disappointing Eurovision without any standout songs like previous years. Australia didnt do well, no surprise - it was an OK song but I thought it would finish higher

I'm gutted for Jess :( it's like the novelty has worn off and now Europe is like, "bye, Felicia!".

But seriously, wtf were the juries ON, including the Australian jury?!
12 points to a crappy Sweden?!?? No idea

The winner is ok... Shall be interesting to see what happens next year.

I voted Estonia, Bulgaria, France and Hungary the most.

The amount of hate for the winner and their country online is .... Pretty disgraceful :/
It's Israel

Was always going happen sadly.

I actually think Norway was my fav in hindsight. For me, that is what Eurovision is about. Great staging and catchy(if not annoying) tune.

Listened to the winning song. Europe, surely you are taking the piss. Netta has a powerful voice, but if you were judging that as art, it's not on the same planet as last year's winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Salvador is not a fan of Netta's Eurovision song:
Last year's Eurovision winner has criticised one of the frontrunners for this year's contest as "horrible", in an outspoken interview.

Salvador Sobral, who became Portugal's first ever Eurovision winner in 2017, was not impressed by Israel's entrant Netta and her song Toy – which features a quirky "chicken dance".

In an interview with Portuguese newspaper Público, Sobral said he had not listened to any of this year's contestants except from Netta and Portugal's Cláudia Pascoal.
"Luckily, this year, I do not have to hear anything," he said. "I only know the Portuguese song and Israel, because YouTube forced me to see it... YouTube thought I would like the Israeli song, and then I opened it and a horrible song came out of it."

Israel is hotly tipped to win the contest, with bookkeepers placing Netta as the third most likely winner, behind entries from Cyprus and Norway.

Sobral provoked controversy last year when he used his acceptance speech to rail against "fast food" pop music. "We live in a world of disposable music; fast food music without any content," he said. "I think this could be a victory for music with people who make music that actually means something."

Sobral echoed those comments this week, comparing his winning song Amar Pelos Dois – an understated jazz ballad written by his sister – to a wholesome meal.

"When people eat hamburgers every day, suddenly one day they eat, I do not know, a grilled fish, and that makes sense to them and they like that change, bringing things back to simplicity," he said. However, he added the he does "not think anything has changed" since he won the contest.

The 28-year-old singer will return to perform at this Saturday's Eurovision grand final. He has recently suffered from severe health issues, and in December underwent a heart transplant operation.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/eurovision-winnersalvador-sobral-criticises-israels-horrible/

Haters gonna hate. Since when did this become an exclusively "serious" song contest? Certainly not the year that Bucks Fizz won.

I remember that song, do you?

Maybe Sobral actually had his heart removed and not replaced after seeing his comments.

It's a singing contest, not exactly a world shattering moment in history. So what should have won? A country song that sounds like all the other country songs ever written? An opera performance that possibly only the champagne guzzling elite could stomach? A "metal" POS? A knock off of a Shakira/Beyonce colab? Either of the two Justin Timberlake clones? The "gay" song that certainly foreshadows the end of the world as we know it? JHC. The world(oops... Europe and, oh yeah, Australia, LOL) chose a quirky song that made people feel good. It'll soon be forgotten, like just about any of the other winners have been the past 60 years.

Perhaps people should be outraged that Australia's entry was the least liked of all of them by the voting "world", including this:

LOL. Now that's something my father would have voted for!

Oh yeah, I hope you Mothers had a Happy Mother's Day and that if yours is still alive you gave her a kiss and a hug today.

I'm not defending Eurovision. I'm defending any song that wins. It's a competition. There's a winner and losers. Perhaps Sobral doesn't realise that are people in the world who didn't especially like his overly emotional song from last year. The one thing I do question is the excessive percentage that the public vote plays. How did Italy end up 5th? The Jury vote for Austria was light years away from the public vote.

Since when did this become an exclusively "serious" song contest?
Its moved in that direction over the last 10 years or so.

People still love it for the weird stage direction and back-up dancers, but if you look at the winners going back over the last few years, the chicken sounds don't fit in

Its moved in that direction over the last 10 years or so.

People still love it for the weird stage direction and back-up dancers, but if you look at the winners going back over the last few years, the chicken sounds don't fit in
There are quite a few good songs from 2013-17ish. no idea what went wrong this year

I liked Israel, Slovenia, Moldova and Bulgaria.

Wtf? Australia gave our points to Sweden, come on.

Israel song was incredible, i have never seen anything like it. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back