EUROVISION Song Contest - 11/13/15 MAY 2022 (LIVE); 13/14/15 MAY 2022 (PRIMETIME)

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting! However bookies can get it very wrong. They thought Italy last year was a sure bet to win and I don't even think he got top 5. Sometimes the live performance influences voters. I think Jess has a great chance if the performance is good. I'm so excited!!!!!

Yes, last year the bookies told us Itay will win. So who knows. Also, Jess is a good live performer so I do expect her to finish in the top 5.

After watching that "Top 40 songs" special last night (which I'm pretty sure was a repeat from last year fwiw), I've now realised I have a type when it comes to favourite Eurovision songs - ballads sung by women with a powerful chorus and fairly simple choreography/set design. Songs live "Euphoria" by Sweden in 2012, "One Million Voices" by Russia in 2015, "1944" by Ukraine in 2016 and "Your Love" by ?Estonia in (I think) 2015.

Are there any good songs this year that fit the brief?

After watching that "Top 40 songs" special last night (which I'm pretty sure was a repeat from last year fwiw), I've now realised I have a type when it comes to favourite Eurovision songs - ballads sung by women with a powerful chorus and fairly simple choreography/set design. Songs live "Euphoria" by Sweden in 2012, "One Million Voices" by Russia in 2015, "1944" by Ukraine in 2016 and "Your Love" by ?Estonia in (I think) 2015.

Are there any good songs this year that fit the brief?
From memory, I think there may be a few! I loved "1944". You might like Greece's entry. I feel like it will have simple set design too, and it has a lovely chorus.

REMINDER about Eurovision broadcast times:

Primetime evening broadcasts
Semi Final 1 – Wednesday 9 May, 7.30pm, SBS
Semi Final 2 – Friday 11 May, 7.30pm, SBS ** features Jess Mauboy
Grand Final – Sunday 13 May, 7.30pm, SBS

LIVE early morning broadcasts
Semi Final 1 – Wednesday 9 May, 5am (AEST) SBS <-- AUSTRALIA CAN VOTE
Semi Final 2 – Friday 11 May, 5am (AEST) SBS ** features Jess Mauboy
Grand Final – Sunday 13 May, 5am (AEST) SBS <-- AUSTRALIA CAN VOTE

Since I live in SA I'll be getting up before 4.30am on all those mornings lol.... I can't wait to vote and watch it live! :)

por_please_ya this song was mentioned on another thread by drd, I completely forgot Euphoria won. Do you remember this one?

Yep, I do remember when she won that!! I liked the song. However I now think it's a tad overrated :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C1 refuses to watch Eurovision but I'm trying to convince him to watch it next weekend!
If there's one thing you must do in life before you die, is watch at least ONE Grand Final of Eurovision. ;)

If there's one thing you must do in life before you die, is watch at least ONE Grand Final of Eurovision. ;)

I watched it back in the 80s/90s. I was youngish then and didn't know better.

I watched it back in the 80s/90s. I was youngish then and didn't know better.

I've never seen the old Eurovision but started watching around the late 90s with Terry Wogan commentating, he was hilarious.

"Who knows what hellish future lies ahead? Actually I do, I've seen the rehearsals."
His optimistic introduction to the 2007 contest in Finland.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ision-song-contest-quotes-funny-a6844651.html

Anyway watch it, the special effects is so much better.

I've never seen the old Eurovision but started watching around the late 90s with Terry Wogan commentating, he was hilarious.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ision-song-contest-quotes-funny-a6844651.html

Anyway watch it, the special effects is so much better.
I discovered in the late 00s... I remember channel flicking and coming across Alexander Rybak's "Fairytale" (2009). I was simultaneously amused and intrigued. I didn't start watching it seriously until a few years later though! Now I listen to all the songs before they are performed live, and since Australia's been in it, I've gotten up early to vote and watch it live for REAL. You could say I'm a tad obsessed hahahaa :p

I discovered in the late 00s... I remember channel flicking and coming across Alexander Rybak's "Fairytale" (2009). I was simultaneously amused and intrigued. I didn't start watching it seriously until a few years later though! Now I listen to all the songs before they are performed live, and since Australia's been in it, I've gotten up early to vote and watch it live for REAL. You could say I'm a tad obsessed hahahaa :p
Same,I randomly discovered Eurovision while channel surfing. I wasn't sure what was going on and I remember hearing Terry Wogan's comments. He was brutal lol.
Though I've never watched it live. Too early.

Same,I randomly discovered Eurovision while channel surfing. I wasn't sure what was going on and I remember hearing Terry Wogan's comments. He was brutal lol.
Though I've never watched it live. Too early.
Haha when I watched it was Julia Zemiro and Sam Pang, and they were brilliant. I'm still sad that they aren't there anymore :(

What happened to Pang? Did he quit?
I'm not sure whether they were 'fired' to bring in fresh blood, or whether one or both decided they didn't want to do it anymore. Either way I was sad! I do like Myf and Joel though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back