EUROVISION Song Contest - 11/13/15 MAY 2022 (LIVE); 13/14/15 MAY 2022 (PRIMETIME)

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone heard Israel's song

OMG This is what you want me to watch? LOL The chook part reminds me of Denise Drysdale.

I was on YouTube early in the morning and the Opening Ceremony came up on my Recommended List. What have you done to me?

You youngins and your music today... :rolleyes::D

OMG This is what you want me to watch? LOL The chook part reminds me of Denise Drysdale.

I was on YouTube early in the morning and the Opening Ceremony came up on my Recommended List. What have you done to me?

You youngins and your music today... :rolleyes::D

It's a sign. You have to watch the final so you have two options :
Watch the live telecast at 5am

Or

Delayed telecast at 7pm

It's a sign. You have to watch the final so you have two options :
Watch the live telecast at 5am

Or

Delayed telecast at 7pm
Yeah... like I'm going to stay up all night to watch Moldova win!

YOU might expect strained vocal cords or a sprained ankle from Eurovision 2018 rehearsals.

But Jessica Mauboy jokes she has suffered a unique Eurovision-related injury — whiplash neck courtesy of that epic hair flick which features in the choreography of her We Got Love performance.

When she walked the blue carpet for the opening of this year’s Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon on Sunday, she acknowledged throwing her whole body into that flick was a health hazard.

“It was whiplash all right,” she said. “Coming out of the second rehearsal, I felt it the next morning in my neck and a sore hip.”
That confident second rehearsal has vastly improved her match fitness with the fans and bloggers who closely rank this year’s contestants as they run through their rehearsals.

Mauboy is figuring in the top five in most prediction lists, which bodes well for her chances of making this weekend’s grand final after she competes in the second semi-final, which will be broadcast in Australia on Friday.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/enterta...y/news-story/735e3e117377b9379015ea8566c3a9a1

Errr... that looked like a guy singing, but it sure didn't sound like one. What a strange type of competition it has become -chook sounds and ladyboy singers. NTTAWWT

Errr... that looked like a guy singing, but it sure didn't sound like one. What a strange type of competition it has become -chook sounds and ladyboy singers. NTTAWWT
Eurovision has changed since you last watched it. It's no longer about Celine Dion.

I don't like the Moldova song, there are better songs

I had a look at a compilation video of all of the winners on YouTube and do remember a few songs from the 70s/80s/90s :

1974 Waterloo, of course,
1976 Save Your Kisses for Me( a hit here on the charts)
1981 Bucks Fizz's Making Your Mind Up(another hit here)
1987 Hold Me Now(probably my favourite)*see below
1988 Celine Dion's song
1992 Why Me?
1993 In Your Eyes
1997 Love Shine a Light
1998 Diva (only because the singer was transgender and it was sooooo controversial at the time)

I'm surprised that I remembered so many. In fact, most of them are from Ireland.:fourleaf:

Last edited:
Eurovision has changed since you last watched it. It's no longer about Celine Dion.

Could you explain the 2014 winner for me? I'm so confused...o_O

That "Irish" entrant is actually an Aussie ;)
I just saw that. He's from Frankston. Probably a Saints supporter.:rolleyes: Oops... probably not. The family moved back to Ireland when he was three. Couldn't have been corrupted that early in life,

Do you remember Gina G, she's Australian but was singing for the UK
Just looked her up and the song she sang. I do remember the song. It probably was a hit here. Yes. Got up to #5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I may have this on cassette somewhere in one of my moving boxes. It sounds far too familiar to me than just hearing it once or twice thirty years ago.

How/when did you get into Eurovision?
I... don't know. Myself and a former housemate used to watch it religiously. I think the first one I remember watching fully was the 2006 version when Lordi won.
What are some of your favourite songs? Countries?
Mostly modern ones; maNga - We Could Be the Same, Zdob și Zdub - So Lucky.

Cezar!
Do you watch LIVE and vote since Australia has been in the competition?
Nah. Kids. Sleep. Bad timing.

love Eurovision, have a party ever year. I love thr weird and wacky Euro pop I'm just so over ballads.
This x1000. We came for the kitsch and the trash.

Haha omg maNga are one of my favourite bands!! :)
All their songs are in Turkish.

I didn't get up early today. I've got tonsillitis :( I will get up early for the grand final. I'll watch the replay tonight for Semi final 1!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back