EUROVISION Song Contest - 11/13/15 MAY 2022 (LIVE); 13/14/15 MAY 2022 (PRIMETIME)

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
It’s confirmed that Madonna will be performing at the Eurovision Song Contest on 18th May. She will perform 2 songs one new song Indian summer and one of her biggest hits. I have a feeling she might perform her 2000 no.1 Music as the song fits the night

Belarus reminds me of the late 1990s pop scene.
Too many of them sound like Shakira, like the one from Cyprus that came second last year. I don't think the quality nor variety is as good as last year.

Chicago1 slight problem. Eurovision might clash with the Election!
No. The election is on Sat the 18th. Labor will win by 10pm. The Eurovision Final should be on 4am Sunday morning our time. You can always watch it online in case.

Accept it, Australia is part of Eurovision!
Not after this year. The Australian entry is soooo weak. Perhaps there can be an Oceaniavision next year?

Mozambique is part of Commonwealth and they were ex Portugal
This contest has nothing to do with the Commonwealth. Well then the USA should be allowed in since we were ex British. At least I think so. I wasn't born then so I just have to rely on Wiki. ;)

EUROVISION FOR EUROPEANS!
(Well, countries that are actually in Europe or at least close to Europe!)

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
This contest has nothing to do with the Commonwealth. Well then the USA should be allowed in since we were ex British. At least I think so. I wasn't born then so I just have to rely on Wiki. ;)

EUROVISION FOR EUROPEANS! (Well, countries that are actually in Europe or at least close to Europe!)
I was pointing out that not being an ex British colony does not exclude a country being part of Commonwealth

and Yes USA could join Commonwealth but I doubt the current President would be inclined

EUROVISION FOR EUROPEANS! (Well, countries that are actually in Europe or at least close to Europe!)
Madonna has decided to perform this year (special guest though)

I was pointing out that not being an ex British colony does not exclude a country being part of Commonwealth

and Yes USA could join Commonwealth but I doubt the current President would be inclined
But why even bring up the Commonwealth when it has nothing to do with Eurovision? And to bring up the President(thank God you didn't write his name) in your post could be considered treason against the Crown! Better get a good QC. I think Pell's is currently free. ;)

See, JackNah_8 , how Australia being in it has messed with people's minds?

Madonna performing is the first step in the USA's entry in 2021!!! USA! USA! USA!

Damn the Russians! Cheats. Worse than Essendon!!!

But why even bring up the Commonwealth when it has nothing to do with Eurovision? And to bring up the President(thank God you didn't write his name) in your post could be considered treason against the Crown! Better get a good QC. I think Pell's is currently free. ;)

See, JackNah_8 , how Australia being in it has messed with people's minds?

Madonna performing is the first step in the USA's entry in 2021!!! USA! USA! USA!

Damn the Russians! Cheats. Worse than Essendon!!!
Thanks to Australia, other nations would like to take part.

Though Eurovision and SBS has a pretty decent deal so Australia is part of the song contest.

C1 did you know this?

Australia in the Eurovision Song Contest. ... Australia is the first country from the Oceania region (and the second country outside Eurasia, after Morocco in 1980) to participate in the contest.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_in_the_Eurovision_Song_Contest

What an honour for Australia to enter 30+ years after Morocco. How did that end up for them?

Perhaps the USA should wait until 30+ years after Eswatini gains an entry? (Sounds like a kind of pasta, doesn't it? :p)

Back