EUROVISION Song Contest - 11/13/15 MAY 2022 (LIVE); 13/14/15 MAY 2022 (PRIMETIME)

Who are you supporting?
Haven't decided. I think I've listened to them all at least once, though I've hated some from the start. I don't think this year's songs are nearly as good as last year's songs. I might do a Top 10 like last year for the Final if I can find ten I like.

I've been using this site besides the official one to check the odds:

https://escxtra.com/2019/05/14/xtra-odds-kate-miller-heidke/

Australia has gone from 9th to 6th since yesterday.

This came out five hours ago on YouTube:

Last edited:

ItsGameTime

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Vote for Russia

YES!! I would love for Sergey to win.

Haven't decided. I think I've listened to them all at least once, though I've hated some from the start. I don't think this year's songs are nearly as good as last year's songs. I might do a Top 10 like last year for the Final if I can find ten I like.

I've been using this site besides the official one to check the odds:

https://escxtra.com/2019/05/14/xtra-odds-kate-miller-heidke/

Australia has gone from 9th to 6th since yesterday.

This came out five hours ago on YouTube:

Think she is likely to win. Phenomenal staging. Now 5th on the rankings.

Top 4 are all male.

I think I might get up to watch Semi-Final 1 at 5am. I can go back to sleep after it's over for a few hours. I could stay up all night, but that would screw up my meds times. I'll see if I'm tired enough to go to bed early.

2019 Song Contest
I got up at the ungodly hour of 4.15am to watch semi final 1 live lol. Worth it! Kate was amazeballs and the crowd loved her.
Some of my favourites got through, too.
Slovenia, Iceland (lol their reaction). And yes Kate got through yaassss.
I'll bow down to you if you can avoid spoilers until Friday night lol

Friday's semi final has more exciting acts like Azerbaijan and Netherlands so that'll be good.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6782-1404376435-25.gif

From 06/07 to now Kate's certainly had a stellar career

Watch it tonight
It's not on SBS until tomorrow night:

Semi Final 1 – Thursday 16 May, 8.30pm on SBS, with live streaming at SBS On Demand
**FEATURING KATE MILLER-HEIDKE

I'm watching it now on the Eurovision YouTube site. I shall post my review of the performances later in spoiler tags.

Last edited:
Tomorrow??

Why , I was planning on watching it tonight. Looks like I'll be checking YouTube
I was going to watch it tonight too, so then planned to get up this morning to watch it live after I saw that it isn't on until tomorrow night. I even went to bed early, but just couldn't get up when the alarm went off. It's about 2 and a quarter hours long on YouTube so I might skip over the dead parts. Just watched Australia a minute ago.

I was going to watch it tonight too, so then planned to get up this morning to watch it live after I saw that it isn't on until tomorrow night. I even went to bed early, but just couldn't get up when the alarm went off. It's about 2 and a quarter hours long on YouTube so I might skip over the dead parts. Just watched Australia a minute ago.
Did you enjoy the Australian part???

Did you enjoy the Australian part???
You will have to wait and see in my review post of the 17 performances coming up later. I bet you can't wait for it! ;)

Oh great

Can't wait to read it
I bet you can't! ;)

I'm satisfied. All of my top scores got in. But so too did a few of my bottom of the bottom scores, including one I gave a 0 to out of 10.

THE ULTIMATE, UNBIASED, SNARKY COMMENTS ABOUT SEMI FINAL 1 BY A NON-EUROPEAN/NON-AUSTRALIAN MUSIC EXPERT:

1. Cyprus - Wasn't this their entry last year? Shakira wannabe two years in a row. 7/10

2. Montenegro - Shouldn't it be "Monteafricanamerican"? Racists! High school students should be studying for Finals now, not singing to small crowds. The guy with the bushy eyebrows weirded me out. 6/10

3. Finland - Wish I could have "looked away", but you know the whole train wreck thing and all... 5/10

4. Poland - I am so embarrassed that my cousins went to Poland last year to find long lost relatives. Hopefully they weren't any of those women singing. Where did the old people go like in the official video? I wanted to see those hot chicks again. 3/10

5. Slovenia - I was hoping that the singer would have ended that funeral dirge by actually dying on stage. 2/10

6. Czech Republic (Czechia!) - Dressed by The Wiggles. Knocked my damn walker over while I was dancing to the song. 8/10

7. Hungary - Would be OK to listen to in an off the Vegas Strip cheap bar. 3/10

8. Belarus - Leave Britney alone! I kinda "like it". 7/10

9. Serbia - Isn't the singer one of the stars of The Real Housewives of Belgrade? About my age, too. ; ) 7/10

10. Belgium - Looks like his blind mother bought that jacket for him. Maybe he'll fit into it after puberty hits him. Isn't there a Eurovision for kiddies? 5/10

11. Georgia -Could his voice be even lower at the start? It seemed like at least two tugboats were going by. The song sounds like it was meant to be a theme for a Georgian soap opera. 2/10

12. Australia - I got motion sickness watching that and my breakfast eggs on toast returned for a visit. The staging was terrific, but I still don't like the song. 8/10

13. Iceland - OMG WTF? JHC Iceland should be banned from ever entering Eurovision again! 0/10

14. Estonia - John Denver would have been proud of that start. (MHDSRIP) Zsa Zsa (my cat) ran away when she heard those high notes. 6/10

15. Portugal - Is Portugal a territory of Japan? What was up with those outfits? The Portuguese 2017 winner would turn over in his grave... (He hasn't died yet, has he? If so, sorry.) 2/10

16. Greece - She needs her sinuses cleaned out. I'm sending a Vicks inhaler to her in Israel STAT. 3/10

17. San Marino - Say NO, NO, NO. He probably got the votes from the babushkas of Eastern Europe. 2/10

Overall I'd (reluctantly) say that Australia won the night. I didn't do too bad. My highest scores got in. Netta in that opening routine was, well, errr... :eek:

Congratulations if you read through all my crap. :p

Edited to add:

Forgot about the three already qualified:

Spain - Ricky Martin clone. Generic Hispanic melody. 6/10

France - Them eyebrows. Sorry, Groucho Marx winning Eurovision? No way. Song is too PC for me. 3/10

Israel - He needs to be on top of a pole swinging around. Forgetable song. Silly boy. 4/10

Last edited:
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Not sure if it is because we bashed up the weaker semi and hence, stood out massively but I reckon we are a real chance. I listened to the BBC and the Irish programming intro of the song and they were both gashing about how good it was and how memorable the performance was. I haven't seen the big guns or any other act bar the Dutch, but he will have to do some performance. Don't get me wrong, I love the Dutch song and it is easily the most listenable song out of the 2, but damn...Kate killed it.

Would be shocked if we dont finish top 5. Personally, it is probably our most memorable performance at a Eurovision to date. Even if it doesnt beat Guy's or Dami finishing positions, it just stands out as unique.

I won't be able to watch the semis til Saturday. Hoping it is a cheesy show.

THE ULTIMATE, UNBIASED, SNARKY COMMENTS ABOUT SEMI FINAL 1 BY A NON-EUROPEAN/NON-AUSTRALIAN MUSIC EXPERT:

1. Cyprus - Wasn't this their entry last year? Shakira wannabe two years in a row. 7/10

2. Montenegro - Shouldn't it be "Monteafricanamerican"? Racists! High school students should be studying for Finals now, not singing to small crowds. The guy with the bushy eyebrows weirded me out. 6/10

3. Finland - Wish I could have "looked away", but you know the whole train wreck thing and all... 5/10

4. Poland - I am so embarrassed that my cousins went to Poland last year to find long lost relatives. Hopefully they weren't any of those women singing. Where did the old people go like in the official video? I wanted to see those hot chicks again. 3/10

5. Slovenia - I was hoping that the singer would have ended that funeral dirge by actually dying on stage. 2/10

6. Czech Republic (Czechia!) - Dressed by The Wiggles. Knocked my damn walker over while I was dancing to the song. 8/10

7. Hungary - Would be OK to listen to in an off the Vegas Strip cheap bar. 3/10

8. Belarus - Leave Britney alone! I kinda "like it". 7/10

9. Serbia - Isn't the singer one of the stars of The Real Housewives of Belgrade? About my age, too. ; ) 7/10

10. Belgium - Looks like his blind mother bought that jacket for him. Maybe he'll fit into it after puberty hits him. Isn't there a Eurovision for kiddies? 5/10

11. Georgia -Could his voice be even lower at the start? It seemed like at least two tugboats were going by. The song sounds like it was meant to be a theme for a Georgian soap opera. 2/10

12. Australia - I got motion sickness watching that and my breakfast eggs on toast returned for a visit. The staging was terrific, but I still don't like the song. 8/10

13. Iceland - OMG WTF? JHC Iceland should be banned from ever entering Eurovision again! 0/10

14. Estonia - John Denver would have been proud of that start. (MHDSRIP) Zsa Zsa (my cat) ran away when she heard those high notes. 6/10

15. Portugal - Is Portugal a territory of Japan? What was up with those outfits? The Portuguese 2017 winner would turn over in his grave... (He hasn't died yet, has he? If so, sorry.) 2/10

16. Greece - She needs her sinuses cleaned out. I'm sending a Vicks inhaler to her in Israel STAT. 3/10

17. San Marino - Say NO, NO, NO. He probably got the votes from the babushkas of Eastern Europe. 2/10

Overall I'd (reluctantly) say that Australia won the night. I didn't do too bad. My highest scores got in. Netta in that opening routine was, well, errr... :eek:

Congratulations if you read through all my crap. :p

Honest review

Do you want to study Eurovision??

http://ba.unimelb.edu.au/study/breadth-subjects/welcome-to-eurovisions

Back