EUROVISION Song Contest - 11/13/15 MAY 2022 (LIVE); 13/14/15 MAY 2022 (PRIMETIME)

I won't have time. I'm already signed up for "Popcorn Making Through History" and "Twitter: How to Tweet Like Donald Trump".

And to think that I wasted my time taking Microeconomics and Macroeconomics and Abnormal Psychology at University.
You picked the wrong course.

You could've been a Eurovision professor.

Dr C1

THE ULTIMATE, UNBIASED, SNARKY COMMENTS ABOUT SEMI FINAL 2 BY A NON-EUROPEAN/NON-AUSTRALIAN MUSIC EXPERT:

1. Armenia - I was mesmerized by her left hand. The song, not so much. 4/10

2. Ireland - Another Vegas bar song. At least she dressed the part for it. Catchy tune. Kind of a 60s vibe to it. 7/10

3. Moldova - The sand drawings were better than the song. Last year's entry was so lively. This year's... meh. Pedestrian. 5/10

4. Switzerland - Backstreet Boys are back at the start. Or is he another Shakira wannabee? Overall, not too bad. 6/10

5. Latvia - Peter, Paul, Mary and Jethro? Yay! The 60s are back. 5/10

6. Romania - Oh, those boots! Dracula lives! (Can't read my notes for the rest.LOL) 4/10

7. Denmark - So boring. I was hoping she'd fall off of the big chair. A commode wold have been more appropriate. 5/10

8. Sweden - Generic song, but could be worse. Hey, a Southern Baptist choir. How Swedish! Alabama rules, OK. 6/10

9. Austria - I thought that Minnie Riperton had risen from her grave and was a bit rusty in that first part. Whitney would have sung that better. 4/10

10. Croatia - Golden wings? Better at Hooters. Nice enough performance. 7/10

11. Malta - This sounds like the third time I've heard this song in the competition. Is Shakira the patron saint of Eurovision? 6/10

12. Lithuania - She looks very masculine considering that voice. NTTAWWT 4/10

13. Russia - Totally overhyped. So dramatic. Will be forgotten by Sunday noon. 6/10

14. Albania - Thought it was a Jersey Boys song at the start with that beat. Then it got worse. Parts sound very familiar. Plagiarism? 3/10

15. Norway - Not as good as last year's singer. Don't mind the song except for Baldy McBaldric's solo. It was dreadful. 5/10

16. Netherlands - Liked it much more today. Could this be it? I'll have to ask a friend of a friend. 8/10

17. North Macedonia - So much emotion. So much meaning. #metoo *yawn* 6/10

18. Azerbaijan - I wonder if those lasers would fix my heart's low blood pressure? Sounds kind of Motownish at times. Hmmm... don't know. 7/10

Qualifiers:

Germany - Not bad. Could grow to like it. Impressive singers. 7/10

Italy - Too Bieberish to me in parts. Nothing I haven't heard before. 6/10

United Kingdom - He was bullied? The song deserves to be bullied. Nothing special at all. 6/10

Netherlands really impressed me. The one to beat in this group.

Looks like I'll be getting up for the Final at 5am Sunday. It'll be my substitute for Sunday Mass. Well, Eurovision is kind of a religious experience for some, right?

Forgot to mention: the six last songs made the Final 10. So just four came out of the first 12. Hmmm...

Last edited:
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Yep, reckon the Dutch will win. really good still. I don't like Australia being 2nd last, plus the fact that some people hate the song could hurt the Jury vote. We might actually poll better in the televote than the jury vote for once. Still, I would be shocked if we don't get some 12's.

I wish they had the old voting process. Hate this new sudden drama-filled one. Anyway

I have listened to the big 6.
Didn't get the French one but it should vote well. reckon the dancer put me off 5/10

I liked Spain. Very much a guilty pleasure. just upbeat and fun and deserves a top half finish(It won't). 7/10

Israel was a ballad. Sung well but boring. 3/10

Germany is shocking. Not in a good way either 0/10

Italy doesn't translate well on the stage. Great song but not a chance. Build the guy a set or something. 6/10

UK/EU Brexited its performance from the web so no one can see it but it is boring so who cares. 1/10

Last edited:

ItsGameTime

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Running Order:

omg C1 that annoying friend of a friend made the finals lol

The Russian performance is pretty cool, stuck in the rain.

I hope the crowd get too excited for Luca's performance that they have nothing left to give for Kate.

Lol Chicago1 your comments are almost completely opposite of the Twitter comments made during the live broadcasts haha.

Most of us on there absolutely love Kate. The song has grown on me even though it's not my favourite.

Slovenia's song is better off listened to in isolation, the studio version is so mellow and dreamy and I love the meaning. Slovene is a gorgeous Slavic language.

They have another great song called "Baloni" (Balloon).

Still the best of the night in my opinion. None of the other songs captivated me from that Semi Final.

Performances in the second semi final were next level amazing.
Yeah, the second semi was a lot more lively that's for sure. Kate's song stood out in the first semi. It seemed like so many people were singing off key that night! I love Iceland's song for its craziness lol but omg the softer voice falsetto guy, maybe it was nerves but * he sounded awful compared to the studio version!!! I'm shocked they got through.

ItsGameTime

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah, the second semi was a lot more lively that's for sure. Kate's song stood out in the first semi. It seemed like so many people were singing off key that night! I love Iceland's song for its craziness lol but omg the softer voice falsetto guy, maybe it was nerves but **** he sounded awful compared to the studio version!!! I'm shocked they got through.

Not even going to comment about Kate's performance because I feel that is one of the weaker entries in the final. Surprised that she is even a favourite.

San Marino was interesting. Didn't expect him to get through. Iceland's Hatari is so different so wonder how far they will go.

Betting odds are a bit odd at the moment. I don't think either of the top 2 favourites will win. Netherlands appealed to me a lot more than Australia's entry. Don't think either will win but no idea who will..

Back