EUROVISION Song Contest - 11/13/15 MAY 2022 (LIVE); 13/14/15 MAY 2022 (PRIMETIME)

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
KMH was clearly in a different league to everyone else there. We were robbed by the audience vote a few years ago, but this time we also clearly had the best song. Winner in our eyes. My 2nd favourite was Paenda for Austria, who didn't make the final.

I only ones I could really stomach in the final were North Macedonia (was happy with the jury attention), Slovenia, Poland and Russia. The rest were various shades of awful. Netherlands was one of the blandest of the lot, but relatively inoffensive. Whilst I liked the refreshing inclusion of Iceland, it really was one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

Joel was in good form and studied up but Myf's banter with him was a little lacking. Of course, Zemiro/Pang is an ideal team for an event like Eurovision.

Final likes:
1. Australia
2. Austria
3. Poland
4. Slovenia
5. Ukraine
6. Lithuania
7. North Macedonia
8. Russia

Everything else was sub-2 stars.

Last edited:
I watched last year's Final last night. (I'm retired and old and sick and bored. ;)) I definitely think last year's finalists were stronger. I remembered all of the songs but two. A year from now I doubt I'll remember that many from this year. It seems that the songs were more of the focus last year compared to the staging this year. Some of the staging was fantastic this year, don't get me wrong. I think that's why my rating of Australia's entry went up after the Semi Final. The same goes for Russia. I'm going to try and watch the Finals from other years that are available on YouTube to get a better reading of how the show has developed.

The announcing of the popular vote format this year was better than last year. It seemed to build the tension better. I did feel sorry for North Macedonia when their vote was announced. And Sweden. The poor number of points allotted seemed to get covered up in all of the euphoria of the Netherlands win. Of course that was not as shocking as last year when Australia received the least amount of points of all of the countries for the popular vote - 9. How could that have happened?

I forgot reading that Sam Pang was once one of the hosts. He would have been great. I'm watching a repeat of yesterday's show at the moment(don't judge) and I just can't stomach Joel and whoever that woman is. I remember back to the 80s and early 90s when Eurovision here was basically just a one night thing. I can't even remember if it was shown live. Last year was my first time watching since the 90s. Things certainly have changed.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
I watched last year's Final last night. (I'm retired and old and sick and bored. ;)) I definitely think last year's finalists were stronger. I remembered all of the songs but two. A year from now I doubt I'll remember that many from this year. It seems that the songs were more of the focus last year compared to the staging this year. Some of the staging was fantastic this year, don't get me wrong. I think that's why my rating of Australia's entry went up after the Semi Final. The same goes for Russia. I'm going to try and watch the Finals from other years that are available on YouTube to get a better reading of how the show has developed.

The announcing of the popular vote format this year was better than last year. It seemed to build the tension better. I did feel sorry for North Macedonia when their vote was announced. And Sweden. The poor number of points allotted seemed to get covered up in all of the euphoria of the Netherlands win. Of course that was not as shocking as last year when Australia received the least amount of points of all of the countries for the popular vote - 9. How could that have happened?

I forgot reading that Sam Pang was once one of the hosts. He would have been great. I'm watching a repeat of yesterday's show at the moment(don't judge) and I just can't stomach Joel and whoever that woman is. I remember back to the 80s and early 90s when Eurovision here was basically just a one night thing. I can't even remember if it was shown live. Last year was my first time watching since the 90s. Things certainly have changed.
The first one I remember watching was when Estonia won in 2001, back when we used to inherit the amusing British broadcast. That cynicism is gone with Joel/Myf. Which is fair enough, good to have some enthusiasm for the contest, but Zemiro/Pang still had that deliciously cynical eye.

Almost forgot... the postcards prior to each performance were magnificent. They really focused on the beauty of Israel. It's rare that that aspect of Israel is shown on TV. All we usually get is the political crap. I was glad to see that that aspect of the nation was almost ignored on our screens.

I knew that Australia did horribly last year with the public votes getting only 9 points and in last place, but I did not realise that Australia only got 2 points and second last in 2017. That is unbelievable. How did that happen? Those two songs and performances seemed better than that. Were the Europeans wary that Australia might actually win after coming in second in 2016? At least Kate came in 7th with 131 points.

Recount! llol

Eurovision has revealed they used incorrect jury results for the 2019 song contest, causing a change in the leaderboard that sees the UK lose five additional points. The correction sees Sweden move up to fifth place and Norway down to sixth, while Germany move to the second to last position. The Eurovision Broadcast Union confirmed the new results in a statement which revealed that ‘due to a human error an incorrect aggregated result was used’. They added that ‘the correct jury points have now been added to the scoreboard and the revised totals for each participating broadcaster, and their country, have been published on eurovision.tv.’ In their statement, they added that they ‘deeply regret that this error was not identified earlier and will review the processes and controls in place to prevent this from happening again

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/22/euro...test-sees-uk-lose-points-9654477/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

JackNah_8 The comments for this video have been turned off. I wonder why? Could it be too many nasty ones?

Comments on other Junior Eurovision videos haven't been.

Last edited:

Selim

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
already got our first 2020 entrant Belgium announced Hooverphonic will represent them next year

they seem aight

I almost forgot about it being on tonight until earler today so I have not done any homework regarding the singers or songs. Detention for me!

OK I do know that Casey Donovan person and I saw Jack Pigeon or whatever his name is on something. Remember when I thought Casey Donovan was a guy since i had never heard of her before. Now I think of her as the irritating Coles singer.

Back