Euthanasia

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmondfan#1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2000
AFL Club
Richmond
I had to do a persuasive 500 word essay at school. I went for euthanasia as I believe it is ok under the right circumstance's.
What is your opinion on the recently debated topic? Are you for or against?

I should be allowed to choose if I want to live or die. If I wanted to die, and the law prevented me from going to die in a legal way , I would just kill myself without permission from the law makers. Nobody is going to make me stay alive, if I myself do not wish to live. I would just overdose on tablets, or shoot myself, or jump off a cliff. Then see what the law makers have to say.

Suicide is legal already play on. The problem with euthanasia is that someone else has to be involved. And then where do you draw the line?

I always think of the sick person who doesn't want to die, but feels like they have become a burden to their families, and agrees to euthanasia.

I'm against it.

Originally posted by TheMase
I am for it for certain circumstances.

If a person is suffering and are just waiting for a long and painful death, then YES they should have that right of choice.

But it should be this and this only.

I had only just woken up at the time of posting my opinion. My brain was not switched on at the time. I meant to word this post like yours.

I should be allowed to die if I am going to die a painful death. I should not be allowed to just turn up and tell them to give me a lethal injection, unless I am really going to die. I should need to be in constant pain, and suffering every day before I allow them to put a needle in my arm.

Well having watched my first wife slowly lose her independence and dignity to cancer, i fully support euthenasia when there is no chance of recovery .... having said that i could never had ended her life, but that is for selfish reasons... i didnt want to see her go ....... but doctors practice euthenasia now, im sure my wife was given an extra dose of morphine on thaqt last night to allow her to slip away painless, i remember lying next to hear hearing her breaths get slower and slower and thinking it was the first time in 18 months her face looked at peace ... no pain as she drifted away ....... i didnt feel sad , i felt happy that she could leave all the suffering behind ... i still miss her terribly but watching the calm look on her face was enough for me to think it was all for the best ....

In the proper circumstances, with proper proof and medical opinion, I suppport it. Nitchke has taken it overboard with 'suicide packs' and such. I haven't had an experience like BUBBA, and can't even comprehend it.

I can also see Fat Red's point that they may see themselves as a burden and do it, when in fact they are not and they have a chance at recovery.

It's tough, because the stakes are so high. it's a human life, and no disease can devalue that.

That said, in the correct and proper circumstances, I support it.

The Hitman

Originally posted by BUBBALOUIS
Well having watched my first wife slowly lose her independence and dignity to cancer, i fully support euthenasia when there is no chance of recovery .... having said that i could never had ended her life, but that is for selfish reasons... i didnt want to see her go ....... but doctors practice euthenasia now, im sure my wife was given an extra dose of morphine on thaqt last night to allow her to slip away painless, i remember lying next to hear hearing her breaths get slower and slower and thinking it was the first time in 18 months her face looked at peace ... no pain as she drifted away ....... i didnt feel sad , i felt happy that she could leave all the suffering behind ... i still miss her terribly but watching the calm look on her face was enough for me to think it was all for the best ....

Well said Bubba, and I'm sorry you had to experience it first hand like that.
Doctors are already practicing it, so are families who administer morphine to their loved ones. Eventually the dose becomes so large, it will kill a human.

I support it, but only under the right circumstances.

I saw my grandfather pass away from cancer, and i honestly can say, even though when he did die, he wasnt in any pain and he died peacefully in his own bed, the pain he was in during the few months before hand, i could understand why he may have wanted it to all be over.

Originally posted by Santos L Helper

Well said Bubba, and I'm sorry you had to experience it first hand like that.
Doctors are already practicing it, so are families who administer morphine to their loved ones. Eventually the dose becomes so large, it will kill a human.

Actually that last part is murder. What, I mean is when families agree to increase dosages of morphine administered by doctors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back