Analysis Evaluate our first rounders

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m a doedee fan, I like him and would be happy to see him captain

But I still think as a pick 16 he’s still only par and not a win.

Put it this way, would you ever expect or hope for less than his level as player?
I've noticed people on here have gone a bit quiet on the comparisons with Ryan Burton in recent times.

Put it this way, would you ever expect or hope for less than his level as player?

I would have him above Par.

Any player picked in the 15-30 range that has a career where they make it to 100+ games is a success in my opinion.

Are you really holding pick 16 and not expecting more?

Really?

Absolutely.

Since 2000 - Scott Thompson, Rick Ladson, Stephen Gilham, Josh Willoughby, Adam Pattinson, Richard Douglas, Mitchell Brown, Mathew Lobbe, Ryan Schoenmakers, Jasper Pittard, Ben Jacobs, Thomas Sheridan, Jackson Thurlow, Darcy Lang, Sam Durdin, Harrison Himmelburg, Todd Marshall, Ed Richards, Ned Mchenry, Cooper Stephens, Lachlan Jones.

Thats a list of the last 21 players taken at pick 16.

You get a serviceable player that plays 100+ games I would say thats a win.

Absolutely.

Since 2000 - Scott Thompson, Rick Ladson, Stephen Gilham, Josh Willoughby, Adam Pattinson, Richard Douglas, Mitchell Brown, Mathew Lobbe, Ryan Schoenmakers, Jasper Pittard, Ben Jacobs, Thomas Sheridan, Jackson Thurlow, Darcy Lang, Sam Durdin, Harrison Himmelburg, Todd Marshall, Ed Richards, Ned Mchenry, Cooper Stephens, Lachlan Jones.

A lot of misses there.

Absolutely.

If that’s the expectation (I disagree), but if it is, why would you not trade it every year?

We're playing a 1st round draft pick in the back pocket.
It seems a waste.
At least see if we can get him into a more important role.

I've pretty much given up on McAsey, unless someone wants to make a strong defence for him here... but who was the talk about who we could/should have picked that year?

This was Twomey's inside word:
If not him? Local option Dylan Stephens is right in the Crows' mix and would also bring something new to their midfield unit. Half-backs Hayden Young and Lachie Ash have also been linked to the club, while Sam Flanders will be considered if on the board.

Fox Sports said:
In the mix: The Crows will shape the first round of the draft. Their selection is set to be between McAsey and local South Australian Dylan Stephens. The lack of talls potentially available at the club’s second selection might help them make the tough call.

(it really was a s**t draft to have pick 6)

12019 dr.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's being a child as always, and he HATES that I'm not biting

TBH it was Serong or Ash for me.

Can totally understand the McAsey call, but it really hasn't worked

So decent article in the Australian about us dropping away again. Bicks ties it back to our midfield, lack of size and quality and discusses our drafting. It’s pretty obvious, even Hamishs defenders surely have to acknowledge it. Hey??

I've pretty much given up on McAsey, unless someone wants to make a strong defence for him here... but who was the talk about who we could/should have picked that year?

This was Twomey's inside word:
If not him? Local option Dylan Stephens is right in the Crows' mix and would also bring something new to their midfield unit. Half-backs Hayden Young and Lachie Ash have also been linked to the club, while Sam Flanders will be considered if on the board.

Fox Sports said:
In the mix: The Crows will shape the first round of the draft. Their selection is set to be between McAsey and local South Australian Dylan Stephens. The lack of talls potentially available at the club’s second selection might help them make the tough call.

(it really was a s**t draft to have pick 6)

View attachment 1398507

Interesting list
One thing that shone out is that there are no key forwards in the top 25.
Is that why McAsey looked so good in his draft year ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back