Analysis Evaluate our first rounders

Remove this Banner Ad

His skills and composure are what concerns me. Add in injury prone and his lack of height and I have my concerns. We need more than competitive, we need class. Hopefully he comes good.
You've not seen Pedlar play then .....this is the only assumption I can make from these comments

Milera was disappointing well before his injury.
Aided by poor coaching decisions .....being moved all over the ground, and not allowed to settle .....trying to make Milera a utility, but wrong call for his personality

I’m still confused by Galluci too. To this day I thought he had some talent and was better than Jones. Obviously just didn’t have the work rate
Good authority that Gallucci has all the talent in the world but just got messed up with the wrong crowd of players after being drafted. Wrong priorities.

Comparing Milera with Charlie Curnow who literally just tore a game apart and got 10 coaches votes is another level of mental gymnastics

Good authority that Gallucci has all the talent in the world but just got messed up with the wrong crowd of players after being drafted. Wrong priorities.
If memory serves me right, the rumours on BF mentioned that the AFC did not condone his extracurricular activities and it's impact on the (younger) playing group culture. I think that Jones initially landed at the Crows, he was housed with the Gooch...

Remember, this wasn't confirmed/substantiated, so take it with a grain of salt.

Wrong crowd of players at Williamstown too?, cause he's barely fired a shot in the VFL as well.

If memory serves me right, the rumours on BF mentioned that the AFC did not condone his extracurricular activities and it's impact on the (younger) playing group culture. I think that Jones initially landed at the Crows, he was housed with the Gooch...

Don't think so, it was more the coaches wanted much more work rate and consistency of effort.

Surely you recall the very public "rocket" Mick Godden have him in an interview?

That was probably a last ditch attempt to get the message across because you can bet he would have been getting plenty of feedback inside the 4 walls at West Lakes.

IMO his big problem was his FIGJAM attitude.

Aided by poor coaching decisions .....being moved all over the ground, and not allowed to settle .....trying to make Milera a utility, but wrong call for his personality
What is his right playing position in the AFL?

Was more a forward as a junior than anything else.

What is his right playing position in the AFL?

Was more a forward as a junior than anything else.
Half Back / Wing .....let him run with the ball & cut lines ....has a beautiful ability to wrong step opposition players, which playing fwd diminishes that skill a little

Comparing Milera with Charlie Curnow who literally just tore a game apart and got 10 coaches votes is another level of mental gymnastics
How many games has has he missed due to injury ??

It's like that's the first time you've seen him

Jordan Galluccis season this year
Round 1 - 7 Kicks and 4 Handballs, 1 Goal 6 Tackles
Round 2 - 6 Kicks and 2 Handballs, 1 Tackle
Round 3 DNP
Round 4 - 5 Kicks and 1 handball 2 Goals, 5 Tackls
Round 5 bye
Rnd 6 - DNP
RNd 7 - 10 Kicks, 0 Handballs, 3 Goals, 2 Tackles

So looks like hes playing as a small forward. Not doing much.

But also, Curnow has played 6 more games and averages about 1.5 goals per game.

TBH he was a top 5 pick on talent, whereas we picked Wayne who was playing high quality SANFL finals footy

Jordan Galluccis season this year
Round 1 - 7 Kicks and 4 Handballs, 1 Goal 6 Tackles
Round 2 - 6 Kicks and 2 Handballs, 1 Tackle
Round 3 DNP
Round 4 - 5 Kicks and 1 handball 2 Goals, 5 Tackls
Round 5 bye
Rnd 6 - DNP
RNd 7 - 10 Kicks, 0 Handballs, 3 Goals, 2 Tackles

So looks like hes playing as a small forward. Not doing much.
Signorello kicked 4 goals on the weekend for the Borough in the VFL....also playing forward this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember posting something about it at the time.

Gallucci was drafted, but when he came over he told the club he wouldn't live with host parents and wanted to be on his own. The club tried to change his mind but he refused. It was a poor decision and cost him an AFL career in the end.

Jones lived with a host family for at least the first year, so that is not true.

You've not seen Pedlar play then .....this is the only assumption I can make from these comments
Have seen him play on the occasions he was fit. Wouldn't have drafted him but now that we have him I hope he comes good.

Last edited:
I hope he comes good
Pedlar will come good ....you can see, the club is busting to get him in .....Pedlar just has to give the selectors, the slightest of reasons

I'm not concerned the slightest

Pedlar will come good ....you can see, the club is busting to get him in .....Pedlar just has to give the selectors, the slightest of reasons

Me either, A grader in waiting.

From what I’ve seen with Pedlar it’s all about building his tank.

As I’ve said ten times, his first quarter two weeks ago was excellent. Then he was anonymous for the rest of the game.

I’m a doedee fan, I like him and would be happy to see him captain

But I still think as a pick 16 he’s still only par and not a win.

Put it this way, would you ever expect or hope for less than his level as player?
Don’t be critical of Hamish’s drafting, you’ll be accused of being on your rags

Remove this Banner Ad

Back