Opinion Evaluate the Next 6 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Win the remaining 6 games, give Gil a few favours below the desk so he reverses the decision and results of the two Carlton games, West Coast game, and the Essendon and Melbourne game. Boom, Top 4 spot.

I don’t think there are any teams above us who are in brilliant form & we couldn’t beat on the day.

As others have said injuries will play a massive part in what happens & if we can find form & kick at goals a bit better we should win 4 games on the run home.

This game against Geelong will tell us exactly where we are & really has come at the right time. A win tells the players they are on the right track & finals should be the expectation & a loss tells them there’s a bit more work to be done so keep working hard to take that next step as we’re not quite there yet.

But in saying that, if we kick straight, we win as I feel we will generate enough opportunities to do so.

Sydney - Depends where we play. Will be a different side than when we last played them and they're in smoking form, however they do lose the clearance battle a lot, so Darcy and the boys should be able to launch us i50. Up to Lobb, Treacy and the smalls to capitalize and not allow them to run out of defense. Probable Loss

I would assume we will play Sydney at the MCG or at the dome since we currently do not need to quarantine on either side.

if there is an outbreak in Victoria i'm not sure what happens as Sydney would then be unable to travel to Perth and we wouldn't be able to travel to Victoria without doing 14 days on our return.

All the other teams failing in consecutive weeks have probably given us an unfair view of where we truly fit in the grand scheme of things.

Richmond and Eagles have fallen off opening the bottom 2 spots in the 8. GWS have lost a couple where they were highly fancied.

Richmond, West Coast and Saints are must win games. The old 8 pointers. Two of those matches are the last 2 where we'll know how much more important they are.

Geelong, Sydney and Brisbane will be legit tests of where do we actually stand. Be nice to pinch one of those 3.

Will be an interesting finish to the season, but it's genuinely in our hands now.

Anything is possible

0 wins...filthy
1 win...depressed
2 wins ...quite likely outcome
3 wins a pass mark
4 wins a successful home and away season
5 wins will make me excited - potential finals win
6 wins and I will be upset if we don't win a final
7 wins...dare to dream
8 wins...start freaking out
9 wins...putting my life on hold to dream big
10 wins...euphoria

It's at GMHBAXYZLBG...........................Geelong.
I'd call this an almost certain loss then. The confines of GHMBA suit the Swans' pressure game. We've shown we're not crash-hot when under the pump. Recipe for a rude awakening unfortunately.

EDIT: Hope I'm wrong obviously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta beat the best to be the best. The outcome as to whether we do or don't make finals this year will come down to purely whether we deserve it or not, outlined by the next 6 tough weeks.

Not sure if this is posted elsewhere, but I found this very surprising: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...7/news-story/cb57ab6cf3d59fbd5aad1e794724ee2b

Apparently we are currently ranked 5th (behind the top 4) on the premiership pillars ladder (clearances, post-clearance contest numbers, ball movement and defending the opposition’s ball movement) while West Coast are second to last.

I've got a lot of faith in this group and think the belief is growing within the playing group itself.
The consistent games to Pearce and Logue have been absolutely pivotal to the recent success and the young guys have been outstanding. With a near fully healthy list for the majority of a season we'd be snug in the 8 in my opinion.
I am very upbeat about this group too, I like to think its not just a feeling.

On the Pure Footy link...
Daniel Hoyne squeezes out some stats showing Dockers strong development in Offence.
And he says if we kicked for goal at afl average efficiency we would be #5.
King is an ornament. (not much use)

Last edited:
Can definitely still make the 8 with 3 wins but one of those wins would have to be the derby to knockout WC. Ess by far the easiest run home, they are a game behind but best percentage of the lot. WC probably next easiest. Saints and us with the toughest.

Some massive games between those contending Freo vs Rich, WCE and Saints, Saints vs WCE, Ess vs GWS and Rich vs GWS (although maybe a dead rubber by that stage).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gil looking after the Swans as usual. Wouldn’t expect anything different.
Do they even pretend to consult with us when we have to move games?
Its their home game. Why would we get a say?

Swans are stuck permanently (this season) in Vic, it's more than petty complaining about whatever neutral venue you get assigned for their home games.

Its their home game. Why would we get a say?

Swans are stuck permanently (this season) in Vic, it's more than petty complaining about whatever neutral venue you get assigned for their home games.
Yeah, point taken, but did we get asked what ground we preferred, when we played the Blues on their home ground, for our home game? The Swans did that week and chose KP vs Eagles.

I’m not making excuses, our accuracy cost us the points in that game (as usual), but we’ve consistently been shafted since the club was founded. Should be used to it by now I suppose….

Yeah, point taken, but did we get asked what ground we preferred, when we played the Blues on their home ground, for our home game? The Swans did that week and chose KP vs Eagles.

I’m not making excuses, our accuracy cost us the points in that game (as usual), but we’ve consistently been shafted since the club was founded. Should be used to it by now I suppose….
I'm not sure who to believe re the Carlton game because I have heard that we requested the MCG and also that we didn't want it. Our first choice was Tassie but the Government canned that so that's irrelevant.

I think it makes plenty of sense to play at the MCG over GMHBA for example. Whatever slight advantage we get from it not being their home ground (they won their last year anyway) is more than mitigated by getting G experience. I actually would have taken the G over Tassie too, fwiw.

It is at alphabet stadium because it is the only place in Victoria that can host the game other than Ballarat and Sydney won't move the game there since they have a large supporter base in Melbourne. There is a game at the MCG at the same time and Essendon are at home at Marvel straight after our game.

Bulldogs are the only travelling team to beat us at Optus and we were within a goal when Fyfe, Darcy and Cox went down.

3 from 6 is par for me. Should beat West Coast and Richmond and we should win one of the others at Optus. The Swans at GMHBA is a big one since we could play them in a final in Victoria a month later.

It'll be really deflating for the group if we blow it from here with 4 home games remaining.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back