Opinion Evaluate the Next 6 Weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not convinced we've turned any corners. We've failed our two biggest moments this year (Derby and the last game against Carlton).

However, I love that the next 6 weeks really mean something for the team and I hope we can rise to the challenge. Fingers crossed.
Our ladder position proves we've turned at least part way round a corner

I'm expecting 2 wins. Will need at least 3 for finals and that 3 would be my pass mark. "OK, this group has a chance at becoming a serious contender in the near future" number is 4. 10 and I get a Freo tattoo.

Which would be like Sydney getting the option of Optus, Joondalup or Mandurah for their 'home' game.
It shouldn’t have mattered. It was Carlton and we should have been good enough to bank the win and get some valuable experience on the only ground you are guaranteed to have to win at to win it all. The way results went last weekend we actually got let off the hook for the loss and got the extra experience at the G so it didn’t work out too bad.

It shouldn’t have mattered. It was Carlton and we should have been good enough to bank the win and get some valuable experience on the only ground you are guaranteed to have to win at to win it all. The way results went last weekend we actually got let off the hook for the loss and got the extra experience at the G so it didn’t work out too bad.
Except it was pretty obvious in the 4th that all the extra travel caught up with us. I honestly didn't mind us losing that game the way we did. I'd be very confident we'd have won that easily if it was at Optus. We are 7th having played at least 2 extra away games compared to other sides. We are doing ok.

6 50/50 games. Not many games we go in as clear favourites. 4 wins would be good.

Geelong (H)
Swans (A)
Tigers (H)
Brisbane (H)
Eagles (H)
Saints (A)
Have any of the home games been allocated days / times or is it totally up in the air. ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Tigers game has been allocated Sunday afternoon. That's all.

With the Covid issue in Vic - this could all change rapidly.
Cool
Thanks 👍
Did I hear something about someone infected being at the G last weekend?

( edit: it’s on the Covid/ AFL thread)

Last edited:
Much will depend on Covid. I think the boys are exciting, and have excellent chemistry as a team - would be such a tragedy for Cerra, and the club, if he leaves this group. It's going to be a bumpy road, with glimpses of a potentially great future.

Would be nice for the young ones to get "a taste of finals". I don't want Freo to be on the big dance until we can all get to the MCG to see it, so am happy with where we are at (for now).

Except it was pretty obvious in the 4th that all the extra travel caught up with us. I honestly didn't mind us losing that game the way we did. I'd be very confident we'd have won that easily if it was at Optus. We are 7th having played at least 2 extra away games compared to other sides. We are doing ok.
Totally agree. I think we’re doing better than ok which is why I feel we still should have beaten Carlton. I totally get the impact of the travel as we’d flown across the country and back and then across again in the space of a week. I can accept it was a big factor in the last quarter. But... unless we plan to finish top 2 when we are contending we will need to expect some back to back travel during finals if we make a run at it one of these years. All of these challenges are creating resilience, showing the boys that they have to be 100% on their game every week and ultimately helping turning them into an unstoppable juggernaut (we all hope and pray).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back