Club Legend
Jul 31, 2004
Darwin
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Hello everyone,

I think it would be great to discuss our list for 2005... who we should delist, who we should trade, and who are untouchable.

DELIST

Wayne Carey (Retired)
Nigel Smart (Retired)
Ronnie Burns
Kris Massie

POTENTIAL TRADE

Simon Goodwin (Hate to say it)
Matthew Clarke (If we want to get Brad Ottens)
Graham Johncock

UNTOUCHABLE

Mark Ricciuto
Andrew McLeod
Tyson Edwards
Tyson Stenglein

--------------------

At the start of the year, I really wanted to get rid of Ken McGreggor... I was really disillusioned by him. I thought he was one of the worst players on our list and highly overrated. I remember against Fremantle at the start of the year, he kicked it out on the full numerous times, and kicked it into the forward 50 to a player that had three opposition players on him. I am glad I have proved myself wrong, and he has REALLY turned it around, to become one of our best players this year.

I think that in 2005, the Crows REALLY need to make some HARD decisions. Just like when Malcolm Blight came to the Crows in 1997, he got rid of a number of 'untouchable' club champions such as Chris McDermott, Andrew Jarman, and Tony McGuinness.

I hate to say it, but whilst Simon Goodwin is an absolute club champion, he has been prone to injuries of late, and I think he would make great potential trade bait.

Same with Matthew Clarke... sure, he gets the most hitouts in the league, but I am sick of this palming crap... we need a ruckman who is more versatile, and full on punches from time to time. If we really want to lure Brad Ottens home, I think we would have to offer Matthew Clarke, or involve Simon Goodwin somehow in the 3 club trade.

What do you think?

Who should we delist? Who should be trade bait? Who are the untouchables?

Matthew Clarke's tippy tap plam hitout style is TOO PREDICTABLE... a lot of media commentators have stated this, and I think he is too easy for opposition coaches to plan against.

We need a ruckman who is more versatile. Either promote Rhett Biglands as the no. 1 ruckman (and pray that he doesn't get suspended multiple times a season), or trade for a different style of ruckman, such as Brad Ottens.

we wont get anything for clarke, he is too old, probably only has one more year left in him., cant take a pack mark, has little effect around the ground...nobody else would want him

If Ben Hudson is deemed to be showing enough, and there's another decent big guy in the draft, then maybe Clarke is for the chop. He's probably only got antoher year in him anyway so it's not a huge call.

depends on what we pick up in the trade period. If we get ottens f**k him off, but i doubt we will get him, then draft a promising Ruckmen and keep Clarke around for next year and see how the recruit goes.

I think this is about the 45th time this thread has been done.

We won't delist Kris Massie.

Clarke should retire, but he is not tradeable - would get zero interest.

Its too early to speculate but here is what I think will happen

RETIRED
Carey
Smart
Clarke
Burns
M. Stevens

DELIST
Ladhams
Gallagher

PROMOTE
Parker
Smith
Hazell

Everyone else bar Roo, Hart and Edwards is up for trade.

When the crows are this bad, there isnt much else to talk about :(

Anyone think we should only make around 5-6 list changes... too much turnover and we will be royally screwed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kris Massie

Kris Massie wont be de-listed or traded, at the beging of this season he was one of the most consitant players with form. unfortionalty for him he still suffers with chronic fatigue and finds it hard to play sometimes, however if lynchy can have crohnic fatigue and play good footy that means that in the future its shouldnt be a issue for kris.
Like the Lions maybe we shouldnt take kris on the long flights and only to melbourne and sydney:confused:

Its alot easier physically for a FF than it is for a running HB.
I agree i hope Massie is not delisted, i think he can be a very valubale member next year. We have have a great running backline, be very exciting.

Not a bad idea to rest Massie for the flights but is he a good enough player to warrant that? We could find others to replace him every week.

Mass

I think that if you watched Kris play footy earlier in the year you would agree that he does warrant it, it seems like he was one of our only shining light, he was doing good!
i think he can deal with flying maybe just dont fly him up to brisbane? he is still young and has heaps of footy a head of him, question is does the club want him around for 10 yrs?
i agree our back six with torney, begley, rutten, bassett, doughty and reilly seems to be good but personally i would play reilly on the wing and let kris play HB??

Sorry, I am a new member, and didn't realise that this thread had been done many times before.

Yes, I forgot about Mark Stevens... he has been a clup champion I think, but due to his consistant injuries... it is no longer worth persisting with him.

And I believe someone mentioned Ben Hart as an untouchable... well, honestly, I think he is past his prime, and too injury prone... I think he should retire in grace....

Originally posted by Mr Crow!
And I believe someone mentioned Ben Hart as an untouchable... well, honestly, I think he is past his prime, and too injury prone... I think he should retire in grace....

Agree with your sentiments on M. Stevens, but to be fair on Hart, this has only really been his first ever season where he has suffered persistently with injury, and he is still relatively young for a defender of his style so there's no reason why he can't get to 300 games and beyond.

I agree with DT on this.

Benny has been a star for the AFC and one our most reliable players, this year he has been unlucky but when you have played for so long your bound to have an unlucky patch at some stage.
As we saw on Friday night, he still has it, and with our young list we will have next year he will be a rock down there to continually look after them.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
Its too early to speculate but here is what I think will happen

RETIRED
Carey
Smart
Clarke
Burns
M. Stevens

DELIST
Ladhams
Gallagher

PROMOTE
Parker
Smith
Hazell

Everyone else bar Roo, Hart and Edwards is up for trade.

Pretty much perfect Stiff, although I doubt Hazell will make it. If he doesn't then I suspect that Clarkey will definitely have at least one more year. It seems that it is probably going to be his own decision to whether he stays or not.

And of course, we can't get rid of Fergus, Jericho and Hentschel. But everyone else is free to be traded if suitable.

Oh, and to people who want Skipworth deleted. Watch the game vs West Coast, Bulldogs, Melbourne, Brisbane :)roll:) and Kangaroos. Skippy always works hard and battles his guts out, something that can't be said for nearly the rest of the team.

Like someone mentioned, actually, I didn't get a chance to see Friday nights game... was out with my girlfriend.

Really heartening that Ben Hart played a great game... also heard that Nathan Bassett played a fantastic game as well... great to see the defence firing!

In regards to Massie... if everyone things he is having such a great season, WHY is he being dropped all the time, or named as an emergency?! I actually am a fan of his, just can't fathom why he regularly isn't making the team?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back