Evaluating our list for 2005

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Wayne's-World
Stiffy does that mean you have relented on McGregor and now agree he can be traded if the right deal is there.

Thats what I said all along;) :p :p :p
Actually I forgot to add him there. He is untouchable in my books. As far as the structure goes he is THE most important player in our team.

Originally posted by Bockchoy67

Oh, and to people who want Skipworth deleted. Watch the game vs West Coast, Bulldogs, Melbourne, Brisbane :)roll:) and Kangaroos. Skippy always works hard and battles his guts out, something that can't be said for nearly the rest of the team.
Yes I said delist Skippy.
I'll stick by my comments that he does not have the attributes to be an AFL footballer.
But to the lads credit all you can do is perform, and he may well give himself a short term reprieve, but delisting is ultimately inevitable.

"As far as the structure goes he is THE most important player in our team."

More important than Ricciuto???

Originally posted by Mr Crow!
"As far as the structure goes he is THE most important player in our team."

More important than Ricciuto???
I said as far as STRUCTURE goes. You can always re shuffle the midfield to cover the loss of someone like Roo for a certain period of time BUT if you lose your best KPP they you are royally screwed. Especially considering the holes we have all over our list.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
I said as far as STRUCTURE goes. You can always re shuffle the midfield to cover the loss of someone like Roo for a certain period of time BUT if you lose your best KPP they you are royally screwed. Especially considering the holes we have all over our list.

McGregor is an untouchable. We have to build the spine and he's right up there with the very best CHB's.

Roo is an untouchable, as are some of the young kids such as Johncock, Reilly, Watts, Jericho, Hentschel.

Every other player on the list should be tradeable IMO.

Originally posted by Wayne's-World
Yes I said delist Skippy.
I'll stick by my comments that he does not have the attributes to be an AFL footballer.
But to the lads credit all you can do is perform, and he may well give himself a short term reprieve, but delisting is ultimately inevitable.
I have changed my mind on Skippy - he has had a real crack & reckon he deserves another year ahead of Gallagher & Ladhams. Has age on his side too.

IMO, we need to trade at least 1 of McLeod, Edwards or Stenglein for a quality younger player, as we are too top heavy in the 27+ age bracket.

Originally posted by macca23
McGregor is an untouchable. We have to build the spine and he's right up there with the very best CHB's.

Roo is an untouchable, as are some of the young kids such as Johncock, Reilly, Watts, Jericho, Hentschel.

Every other player on the list should be tradeable IMO.
Reckon Jericho is tradeable if we got a damn good deal.

I still wouldn't trade either Hart or Goodwin, as they are keys to the fabric of our leadership group along with Roo.

kris

Mr crow you asked why if Kris Massie is such a good player why isnt he having a good season? there is a little thing called crohnic fatigue that he has, it is a nasty nasty thing to have, i know people who cant even get out of bed, meanwhile this guy is expected to play brilliant footy.
i would much rather see people the likes of mcleod go, he doesnt have much more to offer our club.
Originally posted by

Kane McGoodwin

IMO, we need to trade at least 1 of McLeod, Edwards or Stenglein for a quality younger player, as we are too top heavy in the 27+ age bracket.
Tyson Stenglien is only 24, he plays good footy and has a good 10yrs in him! he is a future captain of our club, why get rid of him??

Re: kris

Originally posted by shorty
Tyson Stenglien is only 24, he plays good footy and has a good 10yrs in him! he is a future captain of our club, why get rid of him??
I only mentione Stinger because it appears he wants to head back west. I would prefer that we keep him.

Re: kris

Originally posted by shorty

Stinger is solid, nothing more.

If he doesn't head home at the end of this season, he'd need to do a lot of improving before eventually being made captain of our club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stenglein

Originally posted by dyertribe
Stinger is solid, nothing more.

If he doesn't head home at the end of this season, he'd need to do a lot of improving before eventually being made captain of our club.

Yes. Stenglein's kick for goal is pretty ordinary. Not very useful during times when you need a 'captain's goal'.

Re: Stenglein

Originally posted by jmorg1
Yes. Stenglein's kick for goal is pretty ordinary. Not very useful during times when you need a 'captain's goal'.
He kicked a pretty important goal against the Kangaroos in the last quarter when there was a bit of a tug of war out there:p

Originally posted by jmorg1
UNTOUCHABLE

Christi Malthouse

TOUCHABLE

Tiffany Cherry

CONFRONTING NOSE

Christi Malthouse

CONFRONTING EYEBROWS

Tiffany Cherry

Re: Re: Stenglein

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
He kicked a pretty important goal against the Kangaroos in the last quarter when there was a bit of a tug of war out there:p

I know he can kick goals roving off packs but I mean when he lines up for a set shot a reasonable distance (40m+) out he tends to miss quite a few of those.

And I wonder if he really knows, how it feels, to be left outside alone (it's cold out here).

Ok, I would never want to see Tyson Stenglien leave the club, but if he does want to (does he... are the rumours true that he wants to head back West?), what SA players that are on the Eagles or Dockers list could we trade for... I know Pavlich is too much to ask for, but you could always try! ;)

Originally posted by Mr Crow!
Ok, I would never want to see Tyson Stenglien leave the club, but if he does want to (does he... are the rumours true that he wants to head back West?), what SA players that are on the Eagles or Dockers list could we trade for... I know Pavlich is too much to ask for, but you could always try! ;)
Doesn't sound like either WA club will give up a player we would be interested. More likely draft pick(s) or a 3-way deal with another club.

Hmmm.... perhaps if it was a three club deal:

1) Adelaide sends Tyson Stenglein and our no. 1 draft pick to Fremantle.

2) Fremantle sends Matthew Pavlich to Port Adelaide

3) Port Adelaide sends Chad Cornes to Adelaide

if pavlich is going to come home, which i dont think he wants to anyway, he will come home and play for Adelaide. He would not move to Port, unless he was desperate to come home and that is not the case.
Im not sure if we will need cornes anyway.
Mcgregor is looking the goods at CHB and give Watts a couple of years and he can be our CHF.
Cornes is a great player but i feel he would put us back to much for what would be a quick fix, havent we learnt our lesson yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back