Evan Hewitt

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Read in the "Sun" he is heading to Adelaide for an early draft pick anyone heard anything more????

eek.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
eek.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
eek.gif

Read in the MAD mag that Pooboy is an idiot Anybody see it????

Drakey... heard anymore???

eek.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
eek.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
eek.gif

I was thinking... Adelaide may want him as a running ruckman... He aalways seemed intimadated playing on our forward line... in Carey's space... if you know what I mean...

in 1997 Pagan said he had the potential to be better then the KING believe it or not...

RB&W

It's been confirmed...Hewitt for a 2nd round pick.

Drakey

What you'll get is an athletic, strong leading, and strong marking forward. He's a good kick and will work well in tandem with Scott Welsh. I think he only took up footy fairly late as he spent most of his teenage years playing basketball (but don't quote me on that). The thing he needs is confidence and some time out on the field. He started the 2000 season well (when Carey wasn't in the side), but went quiet when the 18-meister returned to the team and unfortunately, he picked up an injury. Most North people expected him to do great things for us.

Now, what are the odds that in the next North vs Adelaide match, the 3 Brownlow vote getters will be Mark Stevens, Scott Welsh, and Evan Hewitt?
frown.gif

Shinboners

If Hewitt, Stevens & Welsh get the votes it might mean we beat you for a change.

It sounds like a good deal for us BUT he isn't a regular player so a rnd 2 pick is probably pretty fair. Maybe you guys are so caught up playing hardball for Bell we got under your guard.

It seems Adelaide & North are able to do business together (don't forget McCartney - a good trade for you). According to John Reid (Adelaide Football Manager) on the radio last night, a lot of clubs are caught up in a win-loose mentality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drakey

Well, we may have a pretty good record against you, but you won the *one* game that mattered.
frown.gif

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that Hewitt will do some very good things for you as long as the coach shows some faith and gives him time on the field, and as RB&W wrote, this is the one player that could come back to embarass us.

As for the McCartney trade, I think North have come out ahead on that one, although to be fair, Mark Stevens has had rotten luck with injuries. North fans, myself included, were (to put it mildly) very skeptical when we recruited him, but we're all happily munching on the humble pie. It seems that within the club, he's held in the same esteem reserved for people like John Blakey. Among the fans, he's earned a cult following that's usually only commanded by Mick Martyn. I cannot give the player a bigger compliment than that.
smile.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back