Even Essendon supporters are sick of Dan24's drivel!

• Thread starter bomber groupie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

B

bomber groupie

Dan24 is busting everyone's chops on the BomberTalk BB on the Essendon home page with his stupid pet subject. Here is a response to him on that BB:-

Dan...will you listen
Author: Scott Robertson [192.168.41.1]
Date: 7/7/00 4:54:42 PM
Dan, I'm disagreeing with the principles of your discussion. H&A fixtures are merely a preliminary process of determining the champion team, and thereby crowning the the top team is unjustified and unrepresentative. Sure, it's a fair effort to finish on top after the H&A season, but if your a valid champion then you'll win the GF. Essendon were the best team after 22 rds last year, but that's it. They clearly mislead everyone, because they couldn't duplicate their season's form when it counted most. Finals DEMAND the best of every team and if a team can't produce it in a pressure situation, then their not the best side.....irregardless of whether they
finished on top. H&H fixtures are comforting for sides, in that there's the "always next week mentality", finals aren't because there are no second chances and some teams simply can't handle that pressure. That's the essence of my argument DAN, top spot isn't worth anything more than a double chance...a reward for being the best performed team..it's just up to whether the team can consolidate that advantage. Most 1st/2nd placed sides suggests they do.

Dan, what is the point of finals? Like I said in my previous post, finals encapsulate all of the season's pressure into one situation, meaning they are representative for determining a champion. Finals complete the H&A season as a concept, so segregating
them by crowning the minor premier, would only be selling the finals short. DO YOU UNDERSTAND!!!The only recognition top spot deserves is the double chance....acknowledgement that that particular team has achieved the most TO DATE.

So don't feed me another bullshit thesis, citing premier league and NBA finals systems because I don't want to hear it.

HEE HEE. It is good to see he drives everyone crazy.
biggrin.gif

Bomber groupie

Great you just brought the topic up again,
I just hope Dan24 doesn't repond with his usual overzealousness.

------------------
Mantis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back