Ever Been a More Uninspiring Top 2 Clash?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rowan was moping around with no energy or sign of care all night. And as far as the 2 'superstars' Buddy and Riewoldt go, they have absolutely no second efforts. At one stage Riewoldt spent about 4 or 5 seconds with his hands in the air late in the game believing he was robbed of a mark. Meanwhile the ball was bobbling around a few meters from him still contestable. Most entitled floggo going around.
If only Tex had half as talent as either Buddy or Riewoldt

I love how the great majority of people who hate the modern game support teams that were good in the 90s, and aren't so good anymore. Granted there's plenty exceptions, but it's just a trend I've noticed.
I watched a replay of Adelaide and Collingwood in 2007 during the course of the week and the skill and athletic capabilities on show have improved a mile in the space of ten years.

Half the footballers ten years ago wouldn’t cope today.

I thought it was one of the best games of the year and thats as a losing fan, in the end tigers were too good for us but i would have thought 95% of mutual fans would have loved it as a spectacle. Thats 2 great games in a row now after the thriller tonight, some fans needs to stop living in the past and get with the times. This great game of ours is always evolving and it always will.

Haha keep your head in the sand. The last 2 grand finalists have been extremely average teams. It's a known fact, you can't deny it.
And by the way...the bulldogs will win another flag before the eagles do...its a known fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how the great majority of people who hate the modern game support teams that were good in the 90s, and aren't so good anymore. Granted there's plenty exceptions, but it's just a trend I've noticed.
Yeah so true.

IMO football was atrocious from 1983 to 2016. Cant believe I even watched the s**t sport.

I watched a replay of Adelaide and Collingwood in 2007 during the course of the week and the skill and athletic capabilities on show have improved a mile in the space of ten years.

Half the footballers ten years ago wouldn’t cope today.

Yep..the speed of play these days is phenomenal compared to the “old days”.
Anyone who comes into the league system who can’t keep up with it gets exposed very quickly and finds themselves back in the VFL/WAFL/SANFL etc.

Negative Nellies who complain about today’s footy are usually people who have never played the game themselves and have a negative mindset about lots of other things in life.

Whinge whinge whinge...it’s pathetic.

It's 36 guys scrambling the ball around a large paddock.

It barely resembles Aussie rules football.
Agreed. So many turnovers, so many players around the ball it's just dumb luck most of the time as to who actually ends up with the ball. Such a boring game I turned it off and watched BHAG instead...

I thought it was one of the best games of the year and thats as a losing fan, in the end tigers were too good for us but i would have thought 95% of mutual fans would have loved it as a spectacle. Thats 2 great games in a row now after the thriller tonight, some fans needs to stop living in the past and get with the times. This great game of ours is always evolving and it always will.
Whinging about the football has become contagious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back